Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

11 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

I'll ask the original question.  Has anyone got a cash refund (a refund credited back to their CC) for their full final payment amount for their cruise (Not a refund for  deposits, hotels, excursions, culinary classes, etc)   back from a cruise that was paid in full after final payment and Oceania cancelled?  My cruise was canceled March 31st (Final payment had been paid) and I immediately asked for a refund and have the response from O about the 90 days, yada yada. LOL

READ THROUGH THE SEVERAL THREADS REGARDING OCEANIA REFUNDS.  Yada Yada Yada....

FWIW: Like many many many other Oceania CC posters, our "O" cancelled May cruise (2 segments of the 2020 ATW Insignia cruise) received a 100% refund for everything purchased - deposits, cruise final pay balance, tours, visas, etc. Within two weeks of the cancellation notice (sent by O via our TA while we were on Nautica in February), the two credit cards used (done to double up the CC insurance coverage) received several different credits that totaled the entire amount. 

We also received a 25% FCC of the cruise fare and (though it took some discussion about the definition of "change" fees) an FCC for our DIY airline "cancel" fees.

IMO, Oceania has been a model of responsiveness.

33 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

I'll ask the original question.  Has anyone got a cash refund (a refund credited back to their CC) for their full final payment amount for their cruise (Not a refund for  deposits, hotels, excursions, culinary classes, etc)   back from a cruise that was paid in full after final payment and Oceania cancelled?  My cruise was canceled March 31st (Final payment had been paid) and I immediately asked for a refund and have the response from O about the 90 days, yada yada. LOL

Yes - a friend of ours that was on a segment of WC on Insignia in June (Tokyo to SF) that was cancelled early on (early March?) received his full refund very promptly (?within a week).

I suspect that there were others on that segment that got the same.

Edited by Paulchili

13 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

READ THROUGH THE SEVERAL THREADS REGARDING OCEANIA REFUNDS.  Yada Yada Yada....

FWIW: Like many many many other Oceania CC posters, our "O" cancelled May cruise (2 segments of the 2020 ATW Insignia cruise) received a 100% refund for everything purchased - deposits, cruise final pay balance, tours, visas, etc. Within two weeks of the cancellation notice (sent by O via our TA while we were on Nautica in February), the two credit cards used (done to double up the CC insurance coverage) received several different credits that totaled the entire amount. 

We also received a 25% FCC of the cruise fare and (though it took some discussion about the definition of "change" fees) an FCC for our DIY airline "cancel" fees.

IMO, Oceania has been a model of responsiveness.

Just out of curiosity - when was your May cruise cancelled?

I have a feeling that the segments of the WC were cancelled earlier that individual cruises and the refunds for those were "flowing" more freely in those early days?

38 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I have a feeling that the segments of the WC were cancelled earlier that individual cruises and the refunds for those were "flowing" more freely in those early days?

During the last week of February. Without looking up the actual notice, I remember cancelling the air right around 2/23/20. 

That said, we didn't even have to request a refund. I just kept checking our CCs on line and they all showed up. I did call both the TA and O to verify the FCC since you receive no correspondence nor web account posting regarding it.

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

I agree

Back when Insignia cruises were cancelled   the World was  a different place   from now

In March   things started to go downhill rapidly & the rules on cancellations/refunds seem to change daily  about mid March

23 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Like many many many other Oceania CC posters, our "O" cancelled May cruise (2 segments of the 2020 ATW Insignia cruise) received a 100% refund for everything purchased - deposits, cruise final pay balance, tours, visas, etc. Within two weeks of the cancellation notice (sent by O via our TA while we were on Nautica in February), the two credit cards used (done to double up the CC insurance coverage) received several different credits that totaled the entire amount. 

I have read almost every post on this forum for quite awhile.  I asked my question since I couldn't remember if anyone recently had received a cash/cc refund of their compete cruise cost.  It is certainly possible if I missed a post with that information.

My end of April 2020 cruise with O was cancelled by O on March 31st and I requested a refund that day NOT a fcc.  I haven't received a refund/cash/cc yet.  When was your May 2020 cruise cancelled by O?  You're saying that you received your O  cancelled cruise  notice in February for your May 2020 fully paid cruise? And you got your full refund of everything  within two weeks of that cancellation? 

I'm impressed.😂

1 hour ago, bbtondo said:

My end of April 2020 cruise with O was cancelled by O on March 31st and I requested a refund that day NOT a fcc.  I haven't received a refund/cash/cc yet.  When was your May 2020 cruise cancelled by O?  You're saying that you received your O  cancelled cruise  notice in February for your May 2020 fully paid cruise? And you got your full refund of everything  within two weeks of that cancellation? 

RE-read the 2 posts above yours for your answers.

Segments of WC on Insignia were cancelled early (late Feb) even for cruises that were in May/June.

As the system was not overwhelmed then, refunds came quickly. No more.

It is not just Oceania that is slow to refund.

I called United today looking for the status of my SFO-MIA refund for a flight that was canceled April 6th.

I called after one week and was quoted that I needed to wait 21 days.

It has been 21 days, but now they clarify 21 business days.  The slowness of this refund has solidified my decision to just take the ETC for a June SFO-LHR flight.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:39 PM, Paulchili said:

RE-read the 2 posts above yours for your answers.

Segments of WC on Insignia were cancelled early (late Feb) even for cruises that were in May/June.

As the system was not overwhelmed then, refunds came quickly. No more.

Thanks so much for the explanation.  I had read a lot of posts, but must have missed that one.  

We were on The Rotterdam 3-11 suppose to get off 3/27 doing Panama Cruise. On 3/14 We were told that we would not sail on but spend night in Puerto Vallarta and ALL WILL DISEMBARK 3/15 to go home due to Port Authorities and corporate with HAL. Flew home on United. Sad and all of my monies refunds and FCC of 125% will be given back 60-90 days! We just got our refund for our return air fare from HAL.

Stullbwaitingband I am not alone!

🌺Oceania came through and my personal consultant with O was in contact with us while on Rotterdam canceling our 2 cruises! When we got back home the following week I called Chris and we booked our new cruises in 2022 and got our 125% future cruise credit added on plus our monies were put back on my American Express. For us this was a very stressful time! Our 3 month cruise vacation in 4days! I am blessed that while on the Rotterdam and the flight home we are healthy! We quarantined for 2 weeks and while in quarantine we have been in stay at home in California and I am glad for that right now!

I am sorry for those who are still waiting as I with HAL! I hope all of this turns around and all receive their monies.
Our HAL boards are all lite up and we are all upset. But I also wonder for HAL since they got hit so hard also if that is why .

Denise😊

18 minutes ago, clo said:

And, of course, your good health is the most important thing. Welcome home.

Hey Cath!

Of course no question!! Just glad we were not stuck on the cruise ship. Blessed we were fortunate that were healthy.

Hope your well.

On a good note have future cruises to look forward to at least hope so in 2022.

I am not banking money on a cruise we booked With HAL over a year ago doing a B2B San Diego doing Tahiti 1/21!

Have a great weekend !

Denise😊

On 5/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

We were on The Rotterdam 3-11 suppose to get off 3/27 doing Panama Cruise. On 3/14 We were told that we would not sail on but spend night in Puerto Vallarta and ALL WILL DISEMBARK 3/15 to go home due to Port Authorities and corporate with HAL. Flew home on United. Sad and all of my monies refunds and FCC of 125% will be given back 60-90 days! We just got our refund for our return air fare from HAL.

Stullbwaitingband I am not alone!

🌺Oceania came through and my personal consultant with O was in contact with us while on Rotterdam canceling our 2 cruises! When we got back home the following week I called Chris and we booked our new cruises in 2022 and got our 125% future cruise credit added on plus our monies were put back on my American Express. For us this was a very stressful time! Our 3 month cruise vacation in 4days! I am blessed that while on the Rotterdam and the flight home we are healthy! We quarantined for 2 weeks and while in quarantine we have been in stay at home in California and I am glad for that right now!

I am sorry for those who are still waiting as I with HAL! I hope all of this turns around and all receive their monies.
Our HAL boards are all lite up and we are all upset. But I also wonder for HAL since they got hit so hard also if that is why .

Denise😊

Has anyone recived a refund in the last week or have they dried up?.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:22 PM, Paulchili said:

d

On 4/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, Jancruz said:

Oceania  has said it can take up to 90  days to refund to your credit card and then two departments are sending out the credits so you may get it in two parts

Jancruz1

Be nice if we could take 90 days to pay our bills after they are due.  But Oceania is in the drivers seat as they have our money and will not give it back until they are ready.  Will never again give them a deposit a year in advance. Maybe 2 months and if they do not like it we will stay home o

2 hours ago, roger b said:

Has anyone recived a refund in the last week

Not me - but it is still a little early for our cancellation. That said, Viking estimated 60 days and we got a refund in 3 days!!!!!

Hope it will be sooner than 90 days for O..

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Be nice if we could take 90 days to pay our bills after they are due. 

Are you not aware that, all over the country, there are various temporary policies in place allowing folks to delay all sorts of bill paying for the foreseeable future?

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Be nice if we could take 90 days to pay our bills after they are due.  But Oceania is in the drivers seat as they have our money and will not give it back until they are ready.  Will never again give them a deposit a year in advance. Maybe 2 months and if they do not like it we will stay home o

Do you not get any breaks on the bills   there

If you are in dire straits  there must be some program to help  with your bills

In Canada there  are programs to help those  in need  does the  USA not have such things ??

On 5/2/2020 at 3:50 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

...Oceania came through and my personal consultant with O was in contact with us while on Rotterdam canceling our 2 cruises! When we got back home the following week I called Chris and we booked our new cruises in 2022 and got our 125% future cruise credit added on plus our monies were put back on my American Express.

Why ever would you not use an actual TA who can share commissions?

7 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

What does it matter to you?

It is not your money 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I like using the cruise lines Flatbush Flyer!

My Oceania cruise consultant went over and beyond! I got everything back and more! We’re happy.

I just wanted to let people know what happened to us. 
Have a good day! 
Besides maybe a long time ago I might have done that! Not interested in making a few bucks.

This wasn’t to start talking about what I should of done 

Denise😊

• Like 2

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

I like using the cruise lines Flatbush Flyer!

My Oceania cruise consultant went over and beyond! I got everything back and more! We’re happy.

I just wanted to let people know what happened to us. 
Have a good day! 
Besides maybe a long time ago I might have done that! Not interested in making a few bucks.

This wasn’t to start talking about what I should of done 

Denise😊

Nothing personal. It's just that I'm always interested in finding out what I may be missing by never booking directly with a cruise line while always alerting newbie posters to the fact that the right TA, via commission sharing, can save one far more than a "few bucks."

For example,  $2000+\- refundable SBC or rebate on an "extended journey" is not uncommon and is hardly "chump change." And the right TA has the regional O sales director as a speed dial on their phone in case a problem arises.

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Nothing personal. It's just that I'm always interested in finding out what I may be missing by never booking directly with a cruise line while always alerting newbie posters to the fact that the right TA, via commission sharing, can save one far more than a "few bucks."

For example,  $2000+\- refundable SBC or rebate on an "extended journey" is not uncommon and is hardly "chump change." And the right TA has the regional O sales director as a speed dial on their phone in case a problem arises.

Who says I didn’t. I said over and beyond! 
our Trans Atlantic as well as 2 b2b Oceania Cruises we’re compensated well over and beyond! Also we received a lot of OBC when we booked.

Back to subject I Hope O comes through

for everyone soon.

Take care

Denise😊

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Do you not get any breaks on the bills   there

If you are in dire straits  there must be some program to help  with your bills

In Canada there  are programs to help those  in need  does the  USA not have such things ??

No dire straits, but just do not want to wait 90 days to get our own money back.  Not the right way to do business.