What are we doing about HAIRCUTS?!!!!!!

pcur

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Lots of people are idiots.......not just politicians.  Sorry you have taken offense.  It is my opinion. 

Well, yeah, when you call me an idiot, I take offense. I won't call you a name, though. It's not helpful and certainly not relevant to .  .  . haircuts.

I never called anyone on this thread an idiot............not you, not anyone.  Not on this thread.  I was not meaning you

when I posted that reply.  And so, I apologize to you if you took it that way......I was meaning other

people in the world.

52 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

You think characterizing people with whom you disagree as "rabid Red folks" isn't political? 😳

And others have used "idiots" and other terms.

People disagree about masks and reopening and other virus issues. The name-calling is what I object to.

Sorry, but when my stylist and I talk, what we talk about is our business.  She has a few people who come to the salon wearing those ubiquitous red baseball hats.  Now, living in the one town in the state who did not vote that way, it's pretty ballsy to wear the hat.  that said, we look around for "those people" to see if we have to dial back our gossip.  Out of respect for those who may not agree.  Also, in our state, everyone wears either a Red hat or a Blue hat - not politics, but red for University of Utah and Blue for Brigham Young University - a HUGE intra state rivalry.   Not political at all, but socially responsible.  Unfortunately, some are too quick to knee-jerk a response based on their own beliefs. 

Edited by slidergirl

Hi Girls, made a long over due appointment for a hair cut. I have always done my own color and will take care of that a few days beforehand. I told my stylist that I will come with freshly shampooed hair and will blow dry at home. This isn’t how I’ve done it in the past but that was before......  My stylist and the others that rent from him are all in their own rooms so good distancing. Masks for everyone and I’m to text when I arrive and he will let me know what to do.  I won’t be there more than 15 min so hopefully it will be all ok. I plan to pay what I always do. Not his fault that I’m not getting the complete package! 

Our numbers are going up so I hope things aren’t shut down again-at least not before my appointment!

10 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Girls, made a long over due appointment for a hair cut. I have always done my own color and will take care of that a few days beforehand. I told my stylist that I will come with freshly shampooed hair and will blow dry at home. This isn’t how I’ve done it in the past but that was before......  My stylist and the others that rent from him are all in their own rooms so good distancing. Masks for everyone and I’m to text when I arrive and he will let me know what to do.  I won’t be there more than 15 min so hopefully it will be all ok. I plan to pay what I always do. Not his fault that I’m not getting the complete package! 

Our numbers are going up so I hope things aren’t shut down again-at least not before my appointment!

As long as they are doing a proper wipe-down of the chair, and both of you are masked, you should be fine.  Remember - the 2 stylists in MO who went to work positive?  The health dept tested all 140 contacts and none tested positive,  The stylists and all the clients wore masks.  

Give you stylist what you usually tip, if not more, if you can afford it.  

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Sorry, but when my stylist and I talk, what we talk about is our business.  She has a few people who come to the salon wearing those ubiquitous red baseball hats.  Now, living in the one town in the state who did not vote that way, it's pretty ballsy to wear the hat.  that said, we look around for "those people" to see if we have to dial back our gossip.  Out of respect for those who may not agree.  Also, in our state, everyone wears either a Red hat or a Blue hat - not politics, but red for University of Utah and Blue for Brigham Young University - a HUGE intra state rivalry.   Not political at all, but socially responsible.  Unfortunately, some are too quick to knee-jerk a response based on their own beliefs. 

I am not attacking you, to address the next post in this reply as well. And I don't care what you talk about with your stylist. I was objecting to your use of a politically tinged phrase, which you, by your "those people" description, know will rub some people the wrong way.

You are willing to state your views, and I am stating mine, only I am not insulting people.

Enjoy your next salon visit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I never called anyone on this thread an idiot............not you, not anyone.  Not on this thread.  I was not meaning you when I posted that reply.  And so, I apologize to you if you took it that way......I was meaning other

people in the world.

I am talking about this comment on the other thread: "Too bad the idiots are pretending it is going away."

And now, I am checking out of the Fashion board, which has taken a turn. Y'all enjoy your club.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

. Y'all enjoy your club.

Shouldn't be a "private club" but I agree it has become one.

I don't think some even realize it.  It comes from assuming everyone thinks the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:03 PM, sjb317 said:

Yes, that is true for Orange County/Orlando, but not here is Brevard County.  The governor said yesterday he is not going to mandate masks and  he will leave it up to local officials.  He dos not want to infringe on individual freedom🙄.

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, 

Just want to say I love your town.  We had a winter condo in Indian Harbour Beach for 22 years.

I had my hair cut while there in the salon by Public's.  The place just about next door.  I was not fond of the salon by Beals.

Have you eaten in Napoli restaurant in the Walmart Plaza?  Really good.

https://www.ordernapolipizzapastamenu.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

Hi Sherri, 

Just want to say I love your town.  We had a winter condo in Indian Harbour Beach for 22 years.

I had my hair cut while there in the salon by Public's.  The place just about next door.  I was not fond of the salon by Beals.

Have you eaten in Napoli restaurant in the Walmart Plaza?  Really good.

https://www.ordernapolipizzapastamenu.com/

Where was you condo?  We started coming down here in 2011 as snowbirds and decided to make the move from Indiana permanently in 2018.  Our townhome is in a small neighborhood just off of Eau Gallie.

Before the pandemic closed everything I was going to a salon a few doors down from Publix called Hair Cuttery but my stylist had moved to a new salon in the Walmart Plaza.   We have not been to Napoli but will check it out. I am still trying to find a decent pizza down here😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Where was you condo?  We started coming down here in 2011 as snowbirds and decided to make the move from Indiana permanently in 2018.  Our townhome is in a small neighborhood just off of Eau Gallie.

Before the pandemic closed everything I was going to a salon a few doors down from Publix called Hair Cuttery but my stylist had moved to a new salon in the Walmart Plaza.   We have not been to Napoli but will check it out. I am still trying to find a decent pizza down here😂

Sherri🙂

We were snow birds.  Off of Palm Springs Blvd.  Across the street form the ocean. Behind the Real estate agency.

Napoli has the best pizza. They are from Naples Italy.  Then they were in NYC.  Then came to Fl.  They have other food there too.  Not a fancy place, but the food id great.  The best that I had there in 22 years.

That area in Florida is very nice .  The island is beautiful and a great place to watch the rockets go over you head!

We decided just to live in one place now.  We also got tied of the hurricanes, being up here and not being able to see right away if there was damage.  Going back and forth was too much for us now.

Indian Harbour Beach is a great beach town that has it all.  You really don't have to go off the island very much at all.  Every thing right there and a lot is in walking distance.

That was the salon that I was going too to.  I forget the lady's name in Hair Cuttery that I was ging to.  

Edited by geocruiser

2 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

We were snow birds.  Off of Palm Springs Blvd.  Across the street form the ocean. Behind the Real estate agency.

Napoli has the best pizza. They are from Naples Italy.  Then they were in NYC.  Then came to Fl.  They have other food there too.  Not a fancy place, but the food id great.  The best that I had there in 22 years.

That area in Florida is very nice .  The island is beautiful and a great place to watch the rockets go over you head!

We decided just to live in one place now.  We also got tied of the hurricanes, being up here and not being able to see right away if there was damage.  Going back and forth was too much for us now.

Indian Harbour Beach is a great beach town that has it all.  You really don't have to go off the island very much at all.  Every thing right there and a lot is in walking distance.

That was the salon that I was going too to.  I forget the lady's name in Hair Cuttery that I was ging to.  

What a small world😂 I know exactly where you lived, I ride my bike by there every time I go to walk on the beach. The real estate agency on the corner is the one we used for both of our townhomes.  

We will definitely give Napoli a try!😀

Sherri🙂

41 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

What a small world😂 I know exactly where you lived, I ride my bike by there every time I go to walk on the beach. The real estate agency on the corner is the one we used for both of our townhomes.  

We will definitely give Napoli a try!😀

Sherri🙂

And that agency sold our condo for us.  Too bad we know about each other now, after I moved.  We could have met for lunch!!

38 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

And that agency sold our condo for us.  Too bad we know about each other now, after I moved.  We could have met for lunch!!

Sure! 😀Just curious, where are you now?  Where is southeast of Oz?

Sherri🙂

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Isn't a wonderful feeling for such a thing that we always take for granted!!!!    

Oh yes, you are so right.

It's the little things that make life so much better.

I know I am a very lucky person that I consider getting a  haircut the highlight of my week!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

My husband has been looking at videos on how to cut hair.  So I let him have a go at it today.

No question that I'll be staying home  for a while.

It'll grow, right?🙏

One thing about an interesting hair cut, it isn’t permanent. I bet it really looks Ok

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mafig said:

My husband has been looking at videos on how to cut hair.  So I let him have a go at it today.

No question that I'll be staying home  for a while.

It'll grow, right?🙏

As said on many CC threads:  "Photos or it didn't happen."  

Two words: "Baseball hat."  

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting development!  We have discovered that DH is NOT bald on top!

He usually get his hair cut quite short.  For several years it seemed that he had virtually no hair on the top of his head.  Now that it has all grown out a couple of inches, we can see that he does, in fact, have hair.  Not a 6-strand comb-over, but a genuine amount of hair which, when combed, looks just fine.  Who would have thought?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1