Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Is there any proof this person was on board? Is there any proof she had COVID?

The documents he has on his post, he says came from the Special Commission of Inquiry report. Her name is on a medical report, and an email from the senior doctor on board to ...........(name has been redacted). As I haven't read the whole report, I don't know if these documents are part of it. Antony Johns' FB is public, so anyone can read it or fake. It's not private at all.

Edited by possum52

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

The documents he has on his post, he says came from the Special Commission of Inquiry report. Her name is on a medical report, and an email from the senior doctor on board to ...........(name has been redacted). As I haven't read the whole report, I don't know if these documents are part of it. Antony Johns' FB is public, so anyone can read it or fake. It's not private at all.

So is he saying that he has read the documents from the Special Commission of Inquiry report and come to a different conclusion?

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

One thing that is very suspicious is his FB page. It looks like it's been created specially.

Yes I think the same. It is very odd. He has no FB friends!

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So is he saying that he has read the documents from the Special Commission of Inquiry report and come to a different conclusion?

Evidently believes there has been a coverup or is playing with people's emotions.

This is from the Special Commission of Enquiry report -  which refers to the email he has posted a copy of - 

On 5 March 2020, Dr Ilse von Watzdorf (the Ruby Princess's Senior Doctor) sent an
email to a Sydney port agent for Carnival Australia (Carnival) advising that the ship
had taken on a crew member in Dunedin on 4 March 2020 who had recently spent
two weeks on holiday in Genoa, Italy. 3
 Dr von Watzdorf noted that the crew member
had been placed in isolation at the request of public health officials in Dunedin
and asked if there was anything further required by NSW Health. The email was
forwarded to the cruise ship surveillance team in the South Eastern Sydney Public
Health Unit (SES PHU) a short time later that day.

The thing is anyone can manipulate data etc to show "results" that they want to see. He sounds like a classic conspiracy theorist.

Just a thought, wasn't there someone who posted here, way back when that was all happening, who claimed some ofthe things this guy is claiming. I have faint recollection about something like that. Whoever it was went away when nobody agreed with them. 

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

The thing is anyone can manipulate data etc to show "results" that they want to see. He sounds like a classic conspiracy theorist.

Just a thought, wasn't there someone who posted here, way back when that was all happening, who claimed some ofthe things this guy is claiming. I have faint recollection about something like that. Whoever it was went away when nobody agreed with them. 

You certainly can manipulate data and documents. I'm looking at the report now and looking for these documents he has posted.

13 minutes ago, possum52 said:

You certainly can manipulate data and documents. I'm looking at the report now and looking for these documents he has posted.

The documents are NOT re-produced in the report so I think they are fake.

Edited by possum52
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Brandee, hi.

If he has sent you a list of names from the prior cruise, simply check if our names are on it as we were on the prior cruise, as you know from the past. We also went to the disembarkation day NSW Health testing that commenced at 5:30ish in the morning of the 8th March, before you boarded. Again, that cruise ended up with NO COVID cases, otherwise we would have been notified. We filled out required paperwork for this at the time.

Check the list for: Rosalie and Glenn Cunningham.

No problem sharing my name here, we are among friends 😉

Personally, I think this guy is crank, or has some personal reasoning for  pursuing this at this late date. Really don’t think anyone should ever private message in this way. I would advise the admins of the Group and have the person, if genuine, go through proper channels - solicitors etc.

Or just tell him to b**ger off. 

He is claiming that there were povitive covid findings on your sailing and it was covered up at the request of the government.  He posted a "document" to verify it.  He is convincing some that it is a great NSW and Australian coverup.  In addition to allowing Mar 8th passengers off the ship with no testing so the "sick" would be dispersed around the country and world and not overwhelm one areas hospital.  Actually, the last part I could believe, especially the way we were thrown off the ship and shoved out of the country with no one to check us.  BTW, he claims Princess was in the dark.

I was hoping someone in Australia could find out who this guy is.  I tried to google him and see if anything comes up but nothing!

48 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The sad part is preying on people looking for an answer to what happened.  Many people on this site have suffered due to the Ruby disaster and want to know what happened.

49 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Where are you seeing the documents?  Did he make them public?

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Brandee, hi.

If he has sent you a list of names from the prior cruise, simply check if our names are on it as we were on the prior cruise, as you know from the past. We also went to the disembarkation day NSW Health testing that commenced at 5:30ish in the morning of the 8th March, before you boarded. Again, that cruise ended up with NO COVID cases, otherwise we would have been notified. We filled out required paperwork for this at the time.

Check the list for: Rosalie and Glenn Cunningham.

No problem sharing my name here, we are among friends 😉

Personally, I think this guy is crank, or has some personal reasoning for  pursuing this at this late date. Really don’t think anyone should ever private message in this way. I would advise the admins of the Group and have the person, if genuine, go through proper channels - solicitors etc.

Or just tell him to b**ger off. 

This guy sounds like he has a major gripe with the government and wants to cause a stir!

3 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Brandee, is this "Antony Johns" person asking for donations yet to aid in  furthering his investigations?  Yes?  No?  Caveat Emptor!!!  Sounds like a scam in the making to me, but I'm a dyed in the wool cynic from way back.

I bet that will be next!

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Agree totally, sounds particularly fishy, not to mention nasty.

Is Brandee talking about this guy contacting them privately through a Cruise Critic thread she is following, or somewhere else? I’m sure our CC Hosts would jump on this type of behaviour 🤔

Through a facebook thread.  And now I understand you can see him by going to his facebook page where he posted all the stuff.  I do not like that he has used our private thread and that he is naming someone as patient zero.  Hope that person is also a fake name and no one else gets hurt.

Edited by BRANDEE

25 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I bet that will be next!

There was a doco that came out about anti vaxers conspiracy group one of the things that was interesting and disturbing to learn was how much money they make stoking fear and making their followers feel they were getting exclusive information😳. They would start out by telling people there is this great conspiracy then tell them if they want to understand it they need to do a $US300 course and on top of that was all the merchandising like books and special websites access🤑

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

There was a doco that came out about anti vaxers conspiracy group one of the things that was interesting and disturbing to learn was how much money they make stoking fear and making their followers feel they were getting exclusive information😳. They would start out by telling people there is this great conspiracy then tell them if they want to understand it they need to do a $US300 course and on top of that was all the merchandising like books and special websites access🤑

Amazing how low some con artists will go to get a buck.  Got a lot here in USA.  My cousin lives in Florida, the villages,  and the church by her will guarantee her a place in heaven if she helps them get ride of baby killer biden..all she has to do is donate $1000 to Stairway to Heaven. 

2 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Amazing how low some con artists will go to get a buck.  Got a lot here in USA.  My cousin lives in Florida, the villages,  and the church by her will guarantee her a place in heaven if she helps them get ride of baby killer biden..all she has to do is donate $1000 to Stairway to Heaven. 

Oh My!!! And these people claim to be Christian. Having read the Bible I am definite that Jesus never said to prey on fellow people of the community for money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Now you have my attention, what new cameras did you get.

Nothing spectacular Mr. Gut. Mine is a Panasonic Lumix FZ 300 which I chose because it has a very nice Leica lens. For the photography I do now it works well, fairly light weight and no extra lenses to lug. Lynn wanted to get a different Panasonic model but the camera store dropped the ball and her special order never came. No communication from them, nothing. So she went to a different store and ended up with a Canon Power Shot, SX70 HS. The Canon has an extremely long lens in a nice small package. Both cameras are loaded with features and we are trying to figure out how to make the best use of them.

7 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Through a facebook thread.  And now I understand you can see him by going to his facebook page where he posted all the stuff.  I do not like that he has used our private thread and that he is naming someone as patient zero.  Hope that person is also a fake name and no one else gets hurt.

The guy is a Troll, his page has no history, friends or information other than this rubbish, which is as Marion says, faked. 
Please don’t waste anymore of yours or your friends time on him and simply block his account from the private group.

Be well, Brandee. 
Rose 🌹

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Nothing spectacular Mr. Gut. Mine is a Panasonic Lumix FZ 300 which I chose because it has a very nice Leica lens. For the photography I do now it works well, fairly light weight and no extra lenses to lug. Lynn wanted to get a different Panasonic model but the camera store dropped the ball and her special order never came. No communication from them, nothing. So she went to a different store and ended up with a Canon Power Shot, SX70 HS. The Canon has an extremely long lens in a nice small package. Both cameras are loaded with features and we are trying to figure out how to make the best use of them.

Yep the big attraction to the LUMIX, at least in my mind, is the Leica lens, and as someone who has used Canon gear for near on 50 years the SX70 is a nice little bridge camera. I have always said though that in reality the top few camera brands don’t have a lot to seperate them, just personal preference, the move to digital didn’t really change things much other than letting a few companies better known for their electronics that their imaging into the market (Panasonic and Sony are two that really took a toe hold) and a couple who were big in imaging struggled with the electronics (Minolta, Mamiya and perhaps Pentax) but enjoy snapping away to find what works best with your new toys. 

My darling bought me one of the Canon RP full frame mirrorless for our daughters wedding having all sorts of fun shooting nothing just to get used to it’s features (90% of which I will be unlikely to ever use in real life)

• Thanks 1