Now for something completely different

10 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Through a facebook thread.  And now I understand you can see him by going to his facebook page where he posted all the stuff.  I do not like that he has used our private thread and that he is naming someone as patient zero.  Hope that person is also a fake name and no one else gets hurt.

It appears from a FB search that she could be real, has friends who work at Princess but doesn't post anything or have a profile photo. 

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

The guy is a Troll, his page has no history, friends or information other than this rubbish, which is as Marion says, faked. 
Please don’t waste anymore of yours or your friends time on him and simply block his account from the private group.

Be well, Brandee. 
Rose 🌹

Rose, just saw your post on his FB page. I wonder if he will reply to it. 

9 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Oh My!!! And these people claim to be Christian. Having read the Bible I am definite that Jesus never said to prey on fellow people of the community for money.

Jesus chased the money changers out of the temple.

A lesson that seems lost on all these mega church megastars.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Rose, just saw your post on his FB page. I wonder if he will reply to it. 

Rose, the person who replied to his post was a passenger who put in a submission to the commission. FB posts show she is still recovering from Covid. A google search shows she is the Australian woman who flew back to the UK after disembarking from Ruby Princess and was in the news.

55 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Rose, the person who replied to his post was a passenger who put in a submission to the commission. FB posts show she is still recovering from Covid. A google search shows she is the Australian woman who flew back to the UK after disembarking from Ruby Princess and was in the news.

I don't see a post from Rose to Antony Johns..what did she say to him?

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Nothing spectacular Mr. Gut. Mine is a Panasonic Lumix FZ 300 which I chose because it has a very nice Leica lens. For the photography I do now it works well, fairly light weight and no extra lenses to lug. Lynn wanted to get a different Panasonic model but the camera store dropped the ball and her special order never came. No communication from them, nothing. So she went to a different store and ended up with a Canon Power Shot, SX70 HS. The Canon has an extremely long lens in a nice small package. Both cameras are loaded with features and we are trying to figure out how to make the best use of them.

I have an SX70. I mainly bought it for the amazing zoom as I also use my phone for photos but, of course, that doesn't have a big zoom. I've had PowerShots since 2003 and each one gets fancier and fancier. I can't keep track of all the features these days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I don't see a post from Rose to Antony Johns..what did she say to him?

It looks like it has been deleted. 🤔 She asked what was he trying to achieve by his post as there had already been an investigation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, possum52 said:

It looks like it has been deleted. 🤔 She asked what was he trying to achieve by his post as there had already been an investigation.

That's not surprising. He wouldn't want any dissenters on his FB page. It might make people think. 🙄

• Like 3

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's not surprising. He wouldn't want any dissenters on his FB page. It might make people think. 🙄

Yep, doesn't want any discussion about his claims. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have an SX70. I mainly bought it for the amazing zoom as I also use my phone for photos but, of course, that doesn't have a big zoom. I've had PowerShots since 2003 and each one gets fancier and fancier. I can't keep track of all the features these days. 

I have a Power Shot SX500 and finally leaned all the features..I recently looked at the SX 70..love the more powerful zoom. Not sure I will trade up just yet.  Power Shots have been my go to cameras, too

Against my better judgement, I had a look at Antony John's FB page. I found the following comment the most interesting:

According to the US CDC report published in December 2020 the A.2 strain of the virus was not detected in NSW prior to the 19th of March when Ruby Princess returned. That means that it did not join the ship with passengers in Sydney as they would have infected people in the community. The virus could only have come from New Zealand. Not only that the genomic sequence of the A.2 strain matches that of northern Italy.

His reasoning is faulty. All this report says is that the A.2 strain was not in NSW prior to the Ruby returning. Therefore the infection came from overseas (as I have said from the start). Rather than presuming it came from the spa manager who tested negative when the ship returned to Sydney, it would be more logical to say it was taken onto the ship by an overseas passenger. That person could have been from Europe where the A.2 strain was prevalent. It is crazy to say it came from NZ.

When he says "it did not join the ship with passengers in Sydney as they would have infected people in the community" - what if a newly infected passenger (who was asymptomatic) went from the airport virtually straight to the ship? It is easy to see how a person wouldn't infect people in the community, just those they were travelling with.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 2

OK. I have a wild theory..is this Antony Johns..our Brisbane41/Karateman/Sutho? He was ex navy so he said and was very much into the government re Ruby Princess.  There is a photo on the face ache page, about his age and mentions R.A.N.  I actually met him on Golden Princess in 2014 - around South America. Face looks familiar. I could be totally wrong.

What say ye? 

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Against my better judgement, I had a look at Antony John's FB page. I found the following comment the most interesting:

According to the US CDC report published in December 2020 the A.2 strain of the virus was not detected in NSW prior to the 19th of March when Ruby Princess returned. That means that it did not join the ship with passengers in Sydney as they would have infected people in the community. The virus could only have come from New Zealand. Not only that the genomic sequence of the A.2 strain matches that of northern Italy.

His reasoning is faulty. All this report says is that the A.2 strain was not in NSW prior to the Ruby returning. Therefore the infection came from overseas (as I have said from the start). Rather than presuming it came from the spa manager who tested negative when the ship returned to Sydney, it would be more logical to say it was taken onto the ship by an overseas passenger. That person could have been from Europe where the A.2 strain was prevalent. It is crazy to say it came from NZ.

I think he is saying that because the Princess employee had been holidaying in northern Italy, she is the one who brought A.2 strain into NZ but by the media release document he has on his post, it was another woman who had returned to NZ from Italy. I think he is also assuming the South African woman mentioned in the memo from Vicki Sheppeard to Sean Tobin is the Princess employee.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

OK. I have a wild theory..is this Antony Johns..our Brisbane41/Karateman/Sutho? He was ex navy so he said and was very much into the government re Ruby Princess.  There is a photo on the face ache page, about his age and mentions R.A.N.  I actually met him on Golden Princess in 2014 - around South America. Face looks familiar. I could be totally wrong.

What say ye? 

I actually was wondering the same thing Les. Could be him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What say ye? 

Is this good or bad?

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

And the suspect's real name is Tony, close to Antony..lol. The plot thickens.🕵️‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I think he is saying that because the Princess employee had been holidaying in northern Italy, she is the one who brought A.2 strain into NZ but by the media release document he has on his post, it was another woman who had returned to NZ from Italy. I think he is also assuming the South African woman mentioned in the memo from Vicki Sheppeard to Sean Tobin is the Princess employee.

I can see several flaws in his reasoning. A few times he is adding two and two and coming up with 22 or even 222.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I have a Power Shot SX500 and finally leaned all the features..I recently looked at the SX 70..love the more powerful zoom. Not sure I will trade up just yet.  Power Shots have been my go to cameras, too

My previous camera was an SX500. It was great but I found not having a viewfinder was frustrating in bright light as I couldn't see the screen properly. Anyway it was starting to act up so I treated myself to a new camera. The SX70 is a lot heavier but I'm really pleased with it. When we went to Kangaroo Island earlier this year I was able to get some great photos of seals that I wouldn't have got even with the SX500 let alone my phone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Was that the same bloke who said he would rather be in Japan than Australia because they were managing COVID better than Oz? Japan's death rate per million is three times what ours is.

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

Was that the same bloke who said he would rather be in Japan than Australia because they were managing COVID better than Oz? Japan's death rate per million is three times what ours is.

He was very pro Japanese, could have said that, not sure.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My previous camera was an SX500. It was great but I found not having a viewfinder was frustrating in bright light as I couldn't see the screen properly. Anyway it was starting to act up so I treated myself to a new camera. The SX70 is a lot heavier but I'm really pleased with it. When we went to Kangaroo Island earlier this year I was able to get some great photos of seals that I wouldn't have got even with the SX500 let alone my phone.

I totally agree the lack of a view finder can be very frustrating in a bright light.  I took many shots in Sydney without actually knowing if I was in focus or not.  Now the SX sounds inviting with the view finder..got to think about this.  Do you think there is a big difference in picture quality and clarity with the SX70.

5 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I totally agree the lack of a view finder can be very frustrating in a bright light.  I took many shots in Sydney without actually knowing if I was in focus or not.  Now the SX sounds inviting with the view finder..got to think about this.  Do you think there is a big difference in picture quality and clarity with the SX70.

There is some difference, especially when zoomed. I'm really pleased I upgraded. The other really great feature of the SX70 is being able download the photos directly to my phone through Bluetooth. That alone was worth getting the SX70. 

• Like 1