Now for something completely different

19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Which is, of course, exactly what money-grubbng lawyers like Shine hope will happen.🙄

Having just re browsed the Special Commission stuff the other day (thanks to our weird Antony Johns) was surprised to come across a notification of the ongoing private Ruby Class Action.

The Lawyers will have another meeting with Princess/Carnival on I think 26th August - if no agreement will go to court in March 2022 - two years after the cruise 😳

Some not happy with commissions rulings, still chasing their own payouts  🤔

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/lawyers-claim-carnival-may-say-passengers-aboard-ruby-princess-failed-to-take-reasonable-care/

Edited by Porky55

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Having just re browsed the Special Commission stuff the other day (thanks to our weird Antony Johns) was surprised to come across a notification of the ongoing private Ruby Class Action.

The Lawyers will have another meeting with Princess/Carnival on I think 26th August - if no agreement will go to court in March 2022 - two years after the cruise 😳

Some not happy with commissions rulings, still chasing their own payouts  🤔

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/lawyers-claim-carnival-may-say-passengers-aboard-ruby-princess-failed-to-take-reasonable-care/

I suggest that some people are pursuing the legal option because an ambulance-chasing lawyer has told them they could get a big payout - without mentioning that all but a small amount of any payout goes to the lawyers and the litigation funders.

Just now, lyndarra said:

Been in hospital for a few days and now have to do some reading trying to catch on what's happening. 

Hope you are ok Lyndon and it's nothing too serious. Take care. 

Just now, GUT2407 said:

Of course you do all realise that the lawyer can’t bring any claim without the client, so maybe you need to consider the “greedy” plaintiffs role in it all.

I definitely do and they are more than happy to jump on the gravy train when Shine waves the flag. And then they'll probably complain bitterly when any payout they get turns out to be a pittance.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I definitely do and they are more than happy to jump on the gravy train when Shine waves the flag. And then they'll probably complain bitterly when any payout they get turns out to be a pittance.

Shine originally advertised that they were going to sue the cruise line and others responsible.  But Shine was chicken ***** and decided not to go after NSWHealth.  The true culprits in this disaster.

7 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Shine originally advertised that they were going to sue the cruise line and others responsible.  But Shine was chicken ***** and decided not to go after NSWHealth.  The true culprits in this disaster.

Yes, Shine typically advertises for people to join in a class action and if they get enough of a response they go ahead and try it. I suspect public companies are a lot easier to squeeze money out of than government departments. Shine probably wants to do the minimal amount of work for the maximum amount of money they think they could get.

Thanks everyone. On Thursday I had my gall bladder, along with resident gallstone, removed as it was not getting on happily with my pancreas but it didn't want to go easily. Due a piece of shade cloth implanted in my abdomen 18 years ago, as  an incisional hernia repair, the surgeon couldn't find and easy path for his keyhole implements. He eventually found a way to snake the old bladder around and about to eventually freed it. Counted about 6 or 7 holes.

Later that night I summoned the duty nurse as I was in excruciating pain because my urinary tract had blocked for some unknown reason (still don't know why but confirmed by a quick ultrasound). She had to go and find the duty ward doctor  and about 1 am he had inserted a catheter to finally silence  the cries from the poor sufferer - me - much to my literally great relief.

Stayed and extra night for observation and all was good so they let me out this morning for good behaviour.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Thanks everyone. On Thursday I had my gall bladder, along with resident gallstone, removed as it was not getting on happily with my pancreas but it didn't want to go easily. Due a piece of shade cloth implanted in my abdomen 18 years ago, as  an incisional hernia repair, the surgeon couldn't find and easy path for his keyhole implements. He eventually found a way to snake the old bladder around and about to eventually freed it. Counted about 6 or 7 holes.

Later that night I summoned the duty nurse as I was in excruciating pain because my urinary tract had blocked for some unknown reason (still don't know why but confirmed by a quick ultrasound). She had to go and find the duty ward doctor  and about 1 am he had inserted a catheter to finally silence  the cries from the poor sufferer - me - much to my literally great relief.

Stayed and extra night for observation and all was good so they let me out this morning for good behaviour.

Wishing you a quick recovery!

30 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Take care, and watch your pancreas after Mrs G had her gall removed her jiggly pancreas really became a problem, lead to her becoming about 95% vegetarian and really watching her fat intake (funny that the love of her life is so fat).

3 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Wishing you a quick recovery!

Thanks Brandee. Worst part atm is that the weather has turned warm and sunny but the doc said I can't do any windsurfing for a month. Doggone.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Take care, and watch your pancreas after Mrs G had her gall removed her jiggly pancreas really became a problem, lead to her becoming about 95% vegetarian and really watching her fat intake (funny that the love of her life is so fat).

I asked the doc about meals while in hospital and he said whatever's on the menu is fine by him.

I would hate to give up cream buns or cream horns from local bakery. Planning on tackling some (a modicum maybe?) fish and chips tomorrow for lunch.

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Glad you are ok. Take it easy Lyndon. Hope you have a quick recovery. 

Had mine out many years ago. No problems until it was found there were gallstones in my pancreas. Off to a surgeon I went and into hospital again. After a 7 hour operation, the gallstones were removed safely. A week or so in hospital and home for a couple of weeks before returning to work. All good after that and the only thing I can't tolerate cheese and wine together.

33 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Had mine out many years ago. No problems until it was found there were gallstones in my pancreas. Off to a surgeon I went and into hospital again. After a 7 hour operation, the gallstones were removed safely. A week or so in hospital and home for a couple of weeks before returning to work. All good after that and the only thing I can't tolerate cheese and wine together.

The bloke in surgery before me was a tricky case. The doc said his bladder was full of gallstones held together by something that looked like concrete!😱

When I checked in I had to sign an admission form and noticed it had the cost of the operation on it - $4000! I'm really happy my health fund covered the lot as it was done in a private hospital.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The bloke in surgery before me was a tricky case. The doc said his bladder was full of gallstones held together by something that looked like concrete!😱

When I checked in I had to sign an admission form and noticed it had the cost of the operation on it - $4000! I'm really happy my health fund covered the lot as it was done in a private hospital.

Lake Mac Private? Looks like that’s where they will do me.

10 hours ago, possum52 said:

Shouldn't be too hard to give up cheese. 🙂

6 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Lake Mac Private? Looks like that’s where they will do me.

I went to Newcastle Private near the John Hunter - first time there.

I've been to Lake Mac before and they're quite good.

Wish you luck with yours.