Now for something completely different

38 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Another update about our police involved shoot out in late June. One more officer was released from Hospital today. That leaves one still recovering in hospital. The nature of the injuries has not been released. Very little detail has been disclosed about the investigation. I'm not sure we will see any report on the investigation for a long time.

Thank heavens they all survived, but hospital stays of that duration would seem to indicate grave injuries, I fear.  Thanks for keeping us posted, Lyle🙏🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Another update about our police involved shoot out in late June. One more officer was released from Hospital today. That leaves one still recovering in hospital. The nature of the injuries has not been released. Very little detail has been disclosed about the investigation. I'm not sure we will see any report on the investigation for a long time.

Good news Lyle. In my 36 yrs, many of which I worked solo on the motorcycles and pursuit cars, I got shot at twice by the baddies, but they missed and got I stabbed in the ribs once at Port Kembla by a bunch of eastern Europeans.  That was all in the 1970's. Such is life on the street, it is a jungle out there.

Edited by NSWP

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good news Lyle. In my 36 yrs, many of which I worked solo on the motorcycles and pursuit cars, I got shot at twice by the baddies, but they missed and got I stabbed in the ribs once at Port Kembla by a bunch of eastern Europeans.  That was all in the 1970's. Such is life on the street, it is a jungle out there.

I am sorry to hear you had those events. I'm glad you survived. 😁 It might have been worrying for your dear wife.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am sorry to hear you had those events. I'm glad you survived. 😁 It might have been worrying for your dear wife.

It was, but then I was in my 20's and fearless, you just got back on the horse.  My first 3 yrs were at Darlinghurst/KX, I encountered plenty of aggro in that area, believe me. Bit like Qld's Fortitude Valley, but worse. KX was a den of iniquity, should have been wiped from the earth.

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It was, but then I was in my 20's and fearless, you just got back on the horse.  My first 3 yrs were at Darlinghurst/KX, I encountered plenty of aggro in that area, believe me. Bit like Qld's Fortitude Valley, but worse. KX was a den of iniquity, should have been wiped from the earth.

Toughest posting in the land, especially in the 60s, I think, Les

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Agreed. Kings Cross was renowned throughout the country as the toughest and roughest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I was working at The Entrance in the mid 60s. The 21 Div was said to visit there occasionally anticipating, I think, problems between surfies and rockers. I was a young blond surfer in those days but never saw any trouble there. Got asked for proof of age once in The Entance pub.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

Wow Les, you sure served bravely.  As a wife of a once 20's and fearless, I swear my high blood pressure is a direct result of 30+ years of worry.  My husband was involved in taking down the mob (Mafia) and Columbian gangs. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Wow Les, you sure served bravely.  As a wife of a once 20's and fearless, I swear my high blood pressure is a direct result of 30+ years of worry.  My husband was involved in taking down the mob (Mafia) and Columbian gangs. 

We thought we were bulletproof back then, you husband was involved in the real heavy stuff, more so than me, good on him.

16 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I was working at The Entrance in the mid 60s. The 21 Div was said to visit there occasionally anticipating, I think, problems between surfies and rockers. I was a young blond surfer in those days but never saw any trouble there. Got asked for proof of age once in The Entance pub.

Fair bit of corruption in 21 Div Adrian, gaming, betting and vice as well as nailing the hoodlums. Some class mates of mine were in it, they could not get out quick enough.  All trainee detectives had to do a year there.  Suffice to say they no longer exist.

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

Lost one mate to a shotty and a bloke I was even closer too just survived the same shooting.

• Like 1

@Jean C

Type @ then start typing the name. It will start to show a list of members with starting with the first letter(s) and refining the list as you add more letters. When you find the right one click on it. For your forum name I had to type it in full.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

@Jean C

Type @ then start typing the name. It will start to show a list of members with starting with the first letter(s) and refining the list as you add more letters. When you find the right one click on it. For your forum name I had to type it in full.

Thank you 😊 @OzKiwiJJ 

3 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Thank you for those years, and all the others you served.  

Thanks Linda, all so long ago now. Anyway you like Crime drama, I just watched the first two episodes of 'Time' on Iview. Fantastic, hard hitting British mini series. One last episode out next Saturday. Highly recommended.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Linda, all so long ago now. Anyway you like Crime drama, I just watched the first two episodes of 'Time' on Iview. Fantastic, hard hitting British mini series. One last episode out next Saturday. Highly recommended.

Wow, thanks Les.  That will be next on our list.  "Our House" is similarly gripping, right up there with "Line of Duty".  I assume you've seen "Vigil", the suspense drama about the British submarine of the same name operating out of Scotland.  Fantastic plot line and acting.  The only problem with all these superb dramas is the let down you feel when they finish.  Next meet-up, I'll tell you why I asked which years you were at Darlinghurst.

• Like 1