Now for something completely different

9 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Here is a different question for well dressed around town.

I have received an invitation to a niece’s wedding all good so far.

The wedding and reception will be held at a farm that has reception facilities. Looks nice. It is near Margaret River,, beautiful. Outside wedding, inside reception.

Date is mid-January. Hmmmm, could be a touch warm. Dress code is listed as formal.

Hi 

So, should I be flying across the country with my Cunard uniform?.  Is it my be black thongs and Stubbies? Something in between?

If you have a dinner suit that isn't too heavy to travel with, I suggest you wear it. If not, wear a 'lounge suit'. Formal for the ladies would mean a long dress/skirt.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The wedding and reception will be held at a farm that has reception facilities. Looks nice. It is near Margaret River,, beautiful. Outside wedding, inside reception.

Date is mid-January. Hmmmm, could be a touch warm. Dress code is listed as formal.

Hi 

So, should I be flying across the country with my Cunard uniform?.  Is it my be black thongs and Stubbies? Something in between?

Formal is formal no matter the weather, get into the A/C asap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Hi 

Mid January outside in WA sweltering usually.  Hopefully guests will be seated in the shade.  Inside reception will almost certainly be air conditioned.  Formal is tough in the outside summer for chaps;  not so much for ladies who will undoubtedly arrive resplendent in chic, slinky gowns.  Solution:  icepack tucked in shirts for chaps🤷🏻‍♀️

Arrived in Barcelona last night and fly to Bordeaux this arvo. Warm and cloudy, about 26C. Sun poked its face out from behind clouds for a moment and I really felt the heat when it did. From leaving SYD until we went to bed last night was 26 hours.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Mid January outside in WA sweltering usually.  Hopefully guests will be seated in the shade.  Inside reception will almost certainly be air conditioned.  Formal is tough in the outside summer for chaps;  not so much for ladies who will undoubtedly arrive resplendent in chic, slinky gowns.  Solution:  icepack tucked in shirts for chaps🤷🏻‍♀️

Perhaps an ice vest under the jacket?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Arrived in Barcelona last night and fly to Bordeaux this arvo. Warm and cloudy, about 26C. Sun poked its face out from behind clouds for a moment and I really felt the heat when it did. From leaving SYD until we went to bed last night was 26 hours.

Enjoy yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thank you and Happy Anniversary to you, I hope you have both had a wonderful day.

Thanks, Lyle.  It's actually only 12.41pm here, just past midday here on your birthday.  Have a great day.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I also hope Les is OK. Although in the past when he has gone on a short driving holiday we haven't heard from him for several days.

He usually lets us know when he’s planning a drive.  Maybe he’s on that trip to Eden he had to postpone after his accident.  Les?

53 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Maybe he’s on that trip to Eden he had to postpone after his accident.  Les?

I was thinking that also. I saw that a ship was to be in Eden on Wed. Unfortunately the only way for me to contact him is on here.

He’ll be happy we are thinking of him

• Like 2

Well my friends, I am still alive, thought I would take a break from CC and Batemans Bay for a while. Up in Townsvegas (Townsville) visiting my Grand daughter the Vet🐎🐈🐄🦮. Took the ✈️ Canberra to Brisvegas then to Townsvegas. A balmy 28C.

I appreciate your concerns.💋🍷

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 6

Just now, NSWP said:

Well my friends, I am still alive, thought I would take break from CC and Batemans Bay for a while. Up in Townsvegas (Townsville) visiting my Grand daughter the Vet. Took the ✈️ Canberra to Brisvegas then to Townsvegas. A balmy 28C.

I appreciate your concerns.💋

Wonderful to hear from you, Les.  You are missed💜  Have a wonderful break with your granddaughter, but don't take a break from us.  We miss your jubbly comments😁

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well my friends, I am still alive, thought I would take a break from CC and Batemans Bay for a while. Up in Townsvegas (Townsville) visiting my Grand daughter the Vet. Took the ✈️ Canberra to Brisvegas then to Townsvegas. A balmy 28C.

I appreciate your concerns.💋

Good time of year to visit your granddaughter in Townsville.  Does she have a dog there?  Have you visited beautiful Magnetic Island?  The last koala I saw in the wild in Queensland was on Magnetic Island.  Enjoy your visit.