Cruises Starting June 12??

What does everything thing about the chances of Royal Caribbean Cruises actually starting on June 12? If Royal were to stick with that date they would be one of the first major cruise line to begin cruising as Carnival, NCL, Disney, MSC are all starting after that date. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Edited by redsoxfan1210

nothing will sail in June. I have a cruise booked for November and I doubt it will sail. I have cruises for Jan 2021 and March 2021, I doubt those will sail as the second wave will be upon us. I'm thinking my next cruise won't be until May 2021, but since it leaves from Japan, I'm worried about a new virus emerging again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redsoxfan1210 said:

What does everything thing about the chances of Royal Caribbean Cruises actually starting on June 12? If Royal were to stick with that date they would be one of the first major cruise line to begin cruising as Carnival, NCL, Disney, MSC are all starting after that date. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

They will not sail, you can take that to the bank. They get your money now and then give you a voucher when THEY cancel, such a deal, what a racket.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thesandman12 said:

They will not sail, you can take that to the bank. They get your money now and then give you a voucher when THEY cancel, such a deal, what a racket.

We got ALL our money back within a week after Royal canceled our 5/17 cruise, so please explain the "racket?"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WeLuvVacation said:

We got ALL our money back within a week after Royal canceled our 5/17 cruise, so please explain the "racket?"

Wow...you will be the first who received their money from a May cruise. Good for you!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

If rcl knows a cruise will be cancelled it's a racket to accept money to book that cruise.

So are they STILL accepting money for the cruises canceled through what is it June 12th I believe? And on the other side how do they "know" a future cruise "will" be canceled (beyond 6/12.) Also if YOU were the CEO of RCL how far out would YOU have already canceled cruises and hoped then to not be voted out by the stockholders?

4 hours ago, redsoxfan1210 said:

June 12,2021 would be a good date.I see you are a Red Sox fan.One of my very good friends went to school with Rico Petrocelli and was good friends with him for many years.

13 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

We are scheduled to sail June13 to Bermuda from Cape Liberty, NJ.  Optimist.😄

less then 0% of that happening, nothing from NJ or NY for a long time. Surely not in 6 weeks.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, danv3 said:

0.001% chance of starting on June 12.

No cruise line wants to be first.

And absolutely no cruise line wants to be last. Most will cringe at being second, and then need a way to tell the shareholders why they waited and lost customers .  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If rcl knows a cruise will be cancelled it's a racket to accept money to book that cruise.

It's is a racket to me, when they take your final payment, knowing the cruise, such as June 12 as well as others, will not go. Refundable Deposits are always sent back to your CC, at the moment. If you got a FULL refund on a cruise that was paid for at final payment and then canceled, great for you and you are the first I have heard of. There are a ton of vouchers out that with people whose cruise was canceled. Many of those vouchers will never be used, for whatever reason, and RCCL knows it. To me that is a bait and switch or racket. Now having said that, I know that is just the way many businesses are run. RCCL is advertising, and selling, cruises for June 2020, knowing the US will not allow cruise ships to go in June. Why would they do that?????? Saty safe

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WeLuvVacation said:

So are they STILL accepting money for the cruises canceled through what is it June 12th I believe? And on the other side how do they "know" a future cruise "will" be canceled (beyond 6/12.) Also if YOU were the CEO of RCL how far out would YOU have already canceled cruises and hoped then to not be voted out by the stockholders?

Someone asked and I answered. It's my opinion that the cdc 100 day no sail order will stop june 12th cruises.

If I were the ceo, I'd for sure say hey free money, of course yes. 

I personally dont care, just explaining that I dont think during the 100 day no sail order cruises will sail. Just my own opinion. I haven't seen any plan from any cruise line addressing hospital ships and other cdc demands that makes me think different.

• Like 1