Masks probably required

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Don't think we will be going then

Maybe this is one way to solve the "whose reservations do they cancel to get the passenger numbers down." Look, there is going to be a transition period. When the first ships sail, things aren't going to be the way they were. Some people will be willing to put up with the restrictions, others won't 

• Like 6

I can see this in the theatre to keep the shows going for more than 30 people (but not for the performers).  But wearing them out in the hot sun, MDR, lounges, etc etc is impractical.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Anything else on the call...especially anything to corroborate that FB post about not sailing until end of July/early August?

Nothing.  They mentioned as they always do that the next sailing is June 12 Caribbean and Alaska July 3 but until they officially announce cancellations they always say that

Sorry, with all this going on I forgot to post an update.

They also did say that they would be sailing from LA but could not confirm what year or ship.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They mentioned as they always do that the next sailing is June 12 Caribbean and Alaska July 3 but until they officially announce cancellations they always say that

They need to give the new CWC policy time to kick in and have a bunch of folks lift&shift before they announce the next round of cancellations.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

Also I may have to staple the mask to my four years old's face. 

We have a cruise booked for Jan 2021 and I was also wondering if I should bring the staple gun for my then to be 3 and 1.5 year olds. 

• Like 1

I'm sure this will be enforced as rigorously as no saving seats in the theater, no chair hogs on the pool deck, no shorts in the MDR for dinner, etc., etc., etc.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, danv3 said:

I'm sure this will be enforced as rigorously as no saving seats in the theater, no chair hogs on the pool deck, no shorts in the MDR for dinner, etc., etc., etc.

The key thing to if this is true or not, I think, will be the consequences for Royal Caribbean if they don't enforce the rules.

If this is something they can use in advertising to re-assure nervous cruisers, but otherwise there's no consequences for not doing it, then I suspect you'll be correct - it will be the advice but not really enforced.

If, on the other hand, it's something that Royal needs to agree to do in order to cruise, or be allowed to call in ports etc, and the consequences for being seen to not enforce it is having that agreement to be able to cruise removed, then you can bet they'll be on it like a ton of bricks.

Edited by beardedladies
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They need to give the new CWC policy time to kick in and have a bunch of folks lift&shift before they announce the next round of cancellations.

That’s what I’m thinking. I was hoping to save my TA a headache. We cancelled Anthem May 29 out of Southampton back on March 18, and optimistically booked Oasis July 11, figuring it would just roll over to March 2021 Oasis cruise if it didn’t go anyway. They still have not applied the FCC and have given us until (through?) tomorrow to either have it appear or make full payment. I have no intention of making another payment. My sister and family have also booked (and are doing Carnival next year, so would opt for refund) and I hate to leave her hanging by just letting my booking expire. So...was hoping for the cancellation announcement that was hinted at on FB yesterday to clear up the whole mess.