Coastal Kitchen + Dining Package?

Opinions needed from those of you that have had dinner in the coastal kitchen.  Is the coastal kitchen that good?

Just upgraded from a balcony to a JS which offers dinners in the coastal kitchen (Anthem) and had already purchased the dining package for the entire cruise.  Not sure if we should cancel the package or not. Thanks in advance!

27 minutes ago, LOVEMYMO said:

Opinions needed from those of you that have had dinner in the coastal kitchen.  Is the coastal kitchen that good?

Just upgraded from a balcony to a JS which offers dinners in the coastal kitchen (Anthem) and had already purchased the dining package for the entire cruise.  Not sure if we should cancel the package or not. Thanks in advance!

As a JS guest, you will have access to the CK for dinner only on a space available basis..

• Like 2

When we sail in a suite, we do Coastal Kitchen almost exclusively so the UDP wouldn't be worth it for us.  Instead, we sometimes purchase the 3-night package.  

I would stick with coastal kitchen. I mean even if you are told that its bad or you thought this way yourself, you will never know until you try it yourself. At least you will have a personal opinion being confirmed on the visit of coastal kitchen. I would stay with it.

Even if its included in the package why removing it? 

If you are in a full suite you can eat at the CK anytime, but a JS is limited.  We always enjoy the CK but then we are in a Grand Loft so we have access from breakfast, lunch, and dinner if we want.  We enjoy the service and the staff are very good remembering what you like.  I know my granddaughter likes pasta and they made sure they had some on hand when ever we had dinner there.  It is a very relaxing time and the view out the windows is great.

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I would stick with coastal kitchen. I mean even if you are told that its bad or you thought this way yourself, you will never know until you try it yourself. At least you will have a personal opinion being confirmed on the visit of coastal kitchen. I would stay with it.

Even if its included in the package why removing it? 

I'm not sure what you intended when you wrote this, but Coastal Kitchen is not included in any dining package.  It is a "private" restaurant available only to guests in full suites for all three meals and to guests in junior suites for dinner.  (and Pinnacles for all meals)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LOVEMYMO said:

For us, Coastal Kitchen is "o.k." and a step up from the main dining room. It is worth a couple/three dinners on a cruise.We would still do specialty dining on other nights (much better).  

As a JS passenger, you need to board as soon as possible and go and get your reservations. "Real" suite guests will have already made their reservations and dates and times may be somewhat limited. 

• Thanks 1

We like CK for 3 or 4 dinners a week. We go to 150CP and maybe Chops and Jamie’s/Giovanni’s the other nights. We actually prefer CK for breakfast and lunch because it is not crowded and not the madhouse that is (or used to be) The Windjammer. 

I don’t think you need the UDP. Maybe look into a three night package? 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LOVEMYMO said:

Costal kitchen is ok- however nothing like the specialty restaurants.  Keep the package and enjoy breakfast in the CK.  We usually are in Crown Loft Suites- so we enjoy breakfast in CK and snacks and drinks- but the dinners aren't great.  Nice people, nice service.

2 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Wondering if Coastal Kitchen will apply Social Distancing? If they do this may limit access to the Coastal Kitchen.

Hopefully we will find out this October.

Great point. You think they will limit full Suite Guests?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

If you are in a full suite you can eat at the CK anytime, but a JS is limited.  We always enjoy the CK but then we are in a Grand Loft so we have access from breakfast, lunch, and dinner if we want.  We enjoy the service and the staff are very good remembering what you like.  I know my granddaughter likes pasta and they made sure they had some on hand when ever we had dinner there.  It is a very relaxing time and the view out the windows is great.

Depends on particular cruise and time of year. 

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Great point. You think the will limit full Suite Guests?

If they eliminate many of the tables, then they may have to limit access to full Suite Guests.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Costal kitchen is ok- however nothing like the specialty restaurants.  Keep the package and enjoy breakfast in the CK.  We usually are in Crown Loft Suites- so we enjoy breakfast in CK and snacks and drinks- but the dinners aren't great.  Nice people, nice service.

OP says they're in a JS so no breakfast in CK. 

Coastal kitchen has a lovely serine atmosphere where the specialty restaurants can be unpleasant.

Coastal kitchen is fine dining which I don’t like as I like a big plate of food. You can order off menu we found.So what is ever is being cooked in the main kitchen or windjammers they will get.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Coastal kitchen has a lovely serine atmosphere where the specialty restaurants can be unpleasant.

Coastal kitchen is fine dining which I don’t like as I like a big plate of food. You can order off menu we found.So what is ever is being cooked in the main kitchen or windjammers they will get.

Never had a server get anything from the windjammer.  Wasn't offered as an option.  

17 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Never had a server get anything from the windjammer.  Wasn't offered as an option.  

We have been able to get whole lobster tails on lobster night. CK typically serves a form of lobster on lobster night but not generally whole. 

Tip, tip, tip

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

13 hours ago, STANMELB said:

If they eliminate many of the tables, then they may have to limit access to full Suite Guests.

It wouldn't work on Anthem, but on Oasis ships they could just expand CK into the entire SL and load drink vouchers onto suite guest seapass like the Diamond and up folks.

The lounges are going to be a challenge any way you look at it.

Maybe do the SL experience in Dazzles

26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We have been able to get whole lobster tails on lobster night. CK typically serves a form of lobster on lobster night but not generally whole. 

Tip, tip, tip

My sister asked for two lobster tails and they didn’t blink an eye

43 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

quantam class they will 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It wouldn't work on Anthem, but on Oasis ships they could just expand CK into the entire SL and load drink vouchers onto suite guest seapass like the Diamond and up folks.

The lounges are going to be a challenge any way you look at it.

Maybe do the SL experience in Dazzles

If SK/CK was limited to Suites, it would make cruising more attractive for us and we might go back to sailing 4-6 times a year. 

38 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Tip, tip, tip

Apparently that is common on lobster night.  In fact, on the last few cruises, our server specifically asked us if we wanted “regular lobster tail “ the next evening or the CK poached lobster. 

OP-I would purchase the dining package or a three or five night package in case junior suites are eliminated from coastal kitchen dining. By the time you cruise, hopefully you will be able to see a trend and you can better make a decision. You can always cancel the dining package prior to cruising. 

The folks we’ve spoken to that get the full dining package admit that somewhere around day four, they’re just simply tired of eating all that food. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Apparently that is common on lobster night.  In fact, on the last few cruises, our server specifically asked us if we wanted “regular lobster tail “ the next evening or the CK poached lobster. 

m

Third choice is extra poached lobster without that nasty sauce

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1