One night stay in Ft. Lauderdale

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The embassy suites on 17th st is a great location.  Free breakfast buffet and free 2 hour happy hour every night.  Some great restaurants all in walking distance for a nice dinner.   I forget the name but one of must go to seafood places in that area is Kelly's landing.  Pretty sure that is their name.  Awesome prices with great fresh seafood.  Plus you can walk to shopping center behind hotel and go to total wine for your 2 bottles to take on ship if you like wine or pick up any last minute items at foodstore.

They have a very nice outdoor area with pool and hot tub and patio seating for bar and restaurant.

Kelly's Landing is correct.  Also Southport Raw Bar is very good.  Very casual  There's also an Extended Stay Hotel right near the Embassy Suites.  Lots of bars/restaurants within walking distance.

Edited by molly361

I usually stay at either the Embassy Suites, Pier Sixty Six (closed and under major construction) or the Hilton all on 17th street and very convenient to everything in the area including the water taxi and the cruise port.

right now looks like all of them have increased their prices for next January probably due to being shut down for months due to covid.    Expect everything is going to cost more in 2021.    I always watch prices for specials (just like I check out cruise prices every week for my future bookings) and I try to use points from my amex or visa card for airfare and travel whenever I can.   

Check out the Florida departure forum for lots of suggestions.  We have stayed at the Marriott Ft Lauderdale beach and enjoyed that a lot.  We have also stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th multiple times and would not stay there again until they update their rooms.  They have updated the lobby and buffet areas but the rooms are in need of updating, especially the bathrooms.  Our last two stays have not been good.  One room had a broken chair that we had removed as it had a sharp edge that was dangerous.  Room was dirty with dust that you could write in.  After a talk with corporate after that stay, we gave it one more try.  Room was clean but bathroom door looked like someone had kicked it in.  Tiles cracked in bathroom, sink was also cracked.  We will not book there again.

• Like 1

Agree, the Hilton Marina is very nice.  Ask for a tower room.  We had room 319 in December.  The cost was around $200.  Nice restaurant and breakfast buffet.  Of course, I bet the prices are higher now.

• Like 1

We like the Comfort Suites on Federal Highway in Diana Fl... very close to airport (free airport shuttle) and at the desk you can sign up for the shuttle service to port for about $10/pp. Hotel is very close to the port as well. The hotel is relatively new... clean... free breakfast and wifi. There is a sea food restaurant close by that over looks a marina... nice loberster cobb salad and lobster mac and cheese and other dishes... feels like Cheers bar.  Rooms are large and quiet... On one side of the hotel you can see the ships from top levels.  Comfort Suite Federal Highway. Ft Lauderdale

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have also stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th multiple times and would not stay there again until they update their rooms. 

Agreed.  We've stayed there twice, a few years apart.  Great experience the first time.  Probably won't stay there again after the second time.  In addition to worn rooms, check in was a nightmare.  Happy hour and breakfast were both a mess with masses of people everywhere and empty plates/cups littered around the lobby.  I like the area around the Embassy Suites though for restaurants, drug stores, and liquor stores.  It's definitely more expensive and may not meet your requirements, but we really like the area around the beach boulevard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We usually stay at the Rhodway on 84th St. They have an on site restaurant, free breakfast, and free shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port. If you drive, they also have a package of free parking up o 10 days. Another option in the Ramada across the street, which has just been redone. They also have free port transportation to and from and airport also. They charge $10.00 per day parking, unlimited. They, too, have an on site restaurant and free breakfast. They aren't resorts, but offer clean rooms, and are perfect for 1 night.

The “Manager” is a great guy.

8 hours ago, Rala said:

I say ditto to this post.  We have stayed here at least 4 times  and book through  Valutrips.  Rooms are large clean and comfortable and they used to offer a complimentary breakfast buffet (not sure if this is still the case).

If you book with VT it doesn't include the comp breakfast...book directly with Hyatt membership and it did...Not sure what policy on a buffet breakfast is going to be going further with the virus.

4 hours ago, potatotomato said:

We really enjoyed the Riverside on Las Olas.Loved the feel of the area and lots of great shops and restaurants.

Great place to stay by the New River on Los Olas Blvd, wonderful restaurants/night life and shopping, just ask for a room in the tower.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, potatotomato said:

We really enjoyed the Riverside on Las Olas.Loved the feel of the area and lots of great shops and restaurants.

We adore the Riverside.  As someone mentioned you will want a Tower Room.  We are booked for 3 nights in December before a condo vacation in the area.  Make sure you check out their happy hour.

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

If you book with VT it doesn't include the comp breakfast...book directly with Hyatt membership and it did...Not sure what policy on a buffet breakfast is going to be going further with the virus.

Thanks for that info.  We have not stayed there for a while, but the buffet was included at that  time when booking with VT.  I think buffets everywhere may be gone for quite a while!   🙂

5 hours ago, Rala said:

Thanks for that info.  We have not stayed there for a while, but the buffet was included at that  time when booking with VT.  I think buffets everywhere may be gone for quite a while!   🙂

You're very welcome...The free buffet when booking with VT changed some time ago. If you have transportation try the breakfast at either Grandpa's Bakery & Restaurant or Lester's Diner our two favorite places.

• Thanks 1