Cruise ports that are welcoming cruisers back when the companies are ready

seaman11

12 minutes ago, Mrdodgy said:

This is so good. In factw ith the UK quarantine I have good authority NCL are writing off the entire European season and all ships will reposition empty ready for winter season. No TA this year from UK or Europe. 

Yes, this has become a reality.

Just now Escape is leaving Miami for a long repatriation voyage to Manila via Barcelona (European crew) and Mumbai (Indian crew). 

I'm in Bermuda, and we have now decided that we will NOT travel by air to anywhere (especially New York and UK) until the vaccine is in and the world is safer for people to travel. Our airport is still closed. We have had 4 repatriation flights to the island and everyone on those flights were immediately put into quarantine in a Government facility for 2 weeks. There, unfortunately, had been a few cases of Covid-9 among the quarantined people (they have since recovered) - several from the UK and a couple from the Coral Princess ship.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

The U.S cruise ports may not open to cruises any time soon, but there are other ports that don't answer to the CDC to cruise in and out of. I noticed the Sun is going to be relocating to do cruises in and out of Panama City in 2021. I am hoping to cruise on Sun out of Port Canaveral to ABC islands before it goes to Panama. I have future cruise credits, cruise next certificates, and two flights on Southwest airlines just waiting...

The SUN will be doing Panama AND the ABC islands in Jan-March 2021, and then the SKY will do the same in Oct-Dec 2021. The Sun will relocate to ASIA, replacing Jewel in late 2021 after her Alaskan cruises.

We are not anticipating going cruising in 2021, but this might change if things clear up and the vaccine comes in. Then we might do the Sky one. We have booked 2 cruises in 2022.

Edited by bluesea777

30 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Just now Escape is leaving Miami for a long repatriation voyage to Manila via Barcelona (European crew) and Mumbai (Indian crew). 

The Escape is currently underway to GSC.

The Breakaway left Barcelona and is on the way to Marseille. 

The Getaway is sailed through the Straits of Gibraltar yesterday and heading direct to Marseille

The Joy is on her way from Los Angeles to Osaka

The Jade left Dubai heading to the Suez Canal

The Star is in the Netherlands for repairs 

57 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Yes, this has become a reality.

I'm in Bermuda, and we have now decided that we will NOT travel by air to anywhere (especially New York and UK) until the vaccine is in and the world is safer for people to travel. Our airport is still closed. We have had 4 repatriation flights to the island and everyone on those flights were immediately put into quarantine in a Government facility for 2 weeks. There, unfortunately, had been a few cases of Covid-9 among the quarantined people (they have since recovered) - several from the UK and a couple from the Coral Princess ship.

We love Bermuda. Yesterday we were supposed to start our cruise on Gem from Boston to Bermuda. Have been there several times all on cruises. RCL and NCL cruise ships. Now I am craving codfish cakes! My husbands favorite is the fish chowder. So different from the chowder where we are from. Glad the Bermuda government has done what it could to keep everyone well. We are hoping for a treatment or vaccine to come out soon. I am about to retire and hoped to travel.

Such a long journey for crew to get home, but at least they don't have to put up with the demands of taking care of guests. Most crew are used to their ship board homes, but fear of the unknown while being at sea must be rough. So many variables with this virus and shut downs.

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Escape is currently underway to GSC.

Not true. The Escape is on a 41-day journey to the Philippines via India to repatriate crew members.  First stop is Gibraltar on June 2 and the journey ends in the Philippines on July 2.

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This thread is all about people parroting unsubstantiated information from good 'ole Don who has zero factual, substantiated information in his assertions. There is zero credibility in Don's statements.  

id say he has more credibility than the negative posters that want everything shut down till 2021 have. 

https://www.breakingtravelnews.com/focus/article/breaking-travel-news-jamaica-prepares-for-revival-of-cruise-sector/

https://cruiseradio.net/bahamas-could-welcome-cruise-ships-back-july-1st/

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/why-bahamas-paradise-believes-its-ideally-positioned-restart-cruising

https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/05/19/caribbean-cruise-amid-coronavirus-ports-contemplate-summer-season/5217621002/

some of these ports will be well ready by august. 

29 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

We love Bermuda. Yesterday we were supposed to start our cruise on Gem from Boston to Bermuda. Have been there several times all on cruises. RCL and NCL cruise ships. Now I am craving codfish cakes! My husbands favorite is the fish chowder. So different from the chowder where we are from. Glad the Bermuda government has done what it could to keep everyone well. We are hoping for a treatment or vaccine to come out soon. I am about to retire and hoped to travel.

Phase 2 (out of 4 phases. Phase 1 started 3 weeks ago after over 6 weeks of complete lockdown) started two days ago, and we went into town today to get our passport photos taken. The mall was deserted, and everyone were wearing masks. 😷😷

Grocery stores are open to us twice a week - surnames A-F on Mon & Thurs, G-Q on Tues & Fri, R-Z on Wed & Sat. Wearing masks is mandatory. Only a certain number in store at a time, and there's Washy Washy person at entrance. So far so good and we all have gotten used to it. Sundays are reserved to seniors and essential workers but they can also shop during the week according to their surname. 6 feet social distancing in force at check-outs.

Some restaurants (and more and more as time goes on) are open for take-outs only - we took out large order of our sushi fix for the first time in 2 months and it was so good! Beaches open with Phase 1. Airport's opening is part of Phase 4 - not due until July or so.

We still receive container ships with fresh produce weekly so we're fine with groceries and dry goods - plenty of TP as well. We still receive air cargos with courier stuff and mail as well as medicine and covid-19 testing kits.

Bermuda is doing pretty good - a far cry from the USA and UK - these latter 2 are too scary for us to travel to for now - possibly for the rest of 2020 and beginning of 2021.

51 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Such a long journey for crew to get home, but at least they don't have to put up with the demands of taking care of guests. Most crew are used to their ship board homes, but fear of the unknown while being at sea must be rough. So many variables with this virus and shut downs.

They'll be fine. Escape is a great ship and the crew will have a ball when they're off duty. It's a full ship, btw, so everyone is all over the ship. They had 3800 crew boarded at the last gathering of the NCL ships off GSC a couple of weeks ago. 

They're lucky to be crossing the Suez Canal rather than going around the South African Cape (as several of the HAL ships have done/are doing). We went thru Suez Canal on the Spirit in Feb and it was a tranquil and beautiful crossing. 

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:

Not true. The Escape is on a 41-day journey to the Philippines via India to repatriate crew members.  First stop is Gibraltar on June 2 and the journey ends in the Philippines on July 2.

Yes, you are correct ....

There is a thread about it ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

Just ignore him he has fallen for the same trap. Everyone of his comments are industry self serving papers using the same feeds. None of the above has a shread of credible evidence or  has an economic or real news basis.

There is no news here at just pure speculation.

Look at the titles -could welcome ships back July 1st- absolute rubbish CDC does not finish until 24 July 

Seaman11 keep you are arguing against reality and just keep throwing maybe could and" I have a good feeling". Instead of defending the position accept you have been wrong throughout and give up!! 

Are you really that gullible "Bahamas believes its ideally positioned" that tells us nothing . It is not even speculation. 

Edited by Mrdodgy
  • Like 2

id say he has more credibility than the negative posters that want everything shut down till 2021 have. 

Mmmm, you've had many "I'd say" moments across numerous threads.....🤣

41 minutes ago, Mrdodgy said:

Just ignore him he has fallen for the same trap. Everyone of his comments are industry self serving papers using the same feeds. None of the above has a shread of credible evidence or  has an economic or real news basis.

There is no news here at just pure speculation.

Look at the titles -could welcome ships back July 1st- absolute rubbish CDC does not finish until 24 July 

Seaman11 keep you are arguing against reality and just keep throwing maybe could and" I have a good feeling". Instead of defending the position accept you have been wrong throughout and give up!! 

Are you really that gullible "Bahamas believes its ideally positioned" that tells us nothing . It is not even speculation. 

right i posted 4 different sources, yet it still "fake news" because you dont want to believe it. smh 

4 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I don't anticipate going on a cruise again until 2021. That being said, there are a lot of cruise ports that depend on tourist money. How they survive the shut down probably involves living in conditions the average American wouldn't be able tolerate for long. Especially if they need a "special" diet etc.

The U.S cruise ports may not open to cruises any time soon, but there are other ports that don't answer to the CDC to cruise in and out of. I noticed the Sun is going to be relocating to do cruises in and out of Panama City in 2021. I am hoping to cruise on Sun out of Port Canaveral to ABC islands before it goes to Panama. I have future cruise credits, cruise next certificates, and two flights on Southwest airlines just waiting...

Also, being from New England and preferring Boston over NYC any day, I would rather go to Nassau than NYC for the day. People that hate stopping in Nassau must not take advantage of excursions that take you to the beautiful beaches with turquoise blue water. You don't get that in NYC. Even if you don't get off the ship, cruising around the point with the lighthouse into the port  of Nassau is pretty to see from your balcony.

I agree with Bird Travels that Don's information isn't always completely accurate. I enjoy watching some of his videos, but take them with a grain of salt. Kind of like info from an NCL phone rep or from the NCL web site.

Of course, the avg poster here commenting the negative stuff, has no clue. how some ports will be desperate for the tourism dollars, plus the covid numbers already very low in some of them in may, nevermind august. 

i also posted 4 different sources. so if they dont trust Don then there is a few others reporting the same things.  but when one doesnt want to hear it you can provide 100 sources  it wont matter. 

Edited by seaman11

41 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

right i posted 4 different sources, yet it still "fake news" because you dont want to believe it. smh 

Answer the point they are not news they are advertising form inside the industry - What is clear none of it is news you are so wrong and actually I can not find any support for your views in any newspapers or this site. Nt one of your sources is independent. You have been proved to be wrong time and time again and how many times have you been told dollars are not wanted. These island do not want the cruise ships and COVID 19. 

I am not the average poster - as you will see I called the NCL press release to the day. and boy do I have a clue far more than you may think. 

Forget August - the second wave will put pay to that. 

I would love to believe it but I read news not some advertising. I have a  great interest in the industry restarting but I know the current position and the fact you simply want to cruise and believe hype no one here can help.  

Your links are simply advertising so as I say Fake news SMH

By the way  where are your comments about things opening up -not so many now. 

Edited by Mrdodgy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mrdodgy said:

Answer the point they are not news they are advertising form inside the industry - What is clear none of it is news you are so wrong and actually I can not find any support for your views in any newspapers or this site. Nt one of your sources is independent. You have been proved to be wrong time and time again and how many times have you been told dollars are not wanted. These island do not want the cruise ships and COVID 19. 

I am not the average poster - as you will see I called the NCL press release to the day. and boy do I have a clue far more than you may think. 

Forget August - the second wave will put pay to that. 

I would love to believe it but I read news not some advertising. I have a  great interest in the industry restarting but I know the current position and the fact you simply want to cruise and believe hype no one here can help.  

Your links are simply advertising so as I say Fake news SMH

By the way  where are your comments about things opening up -not so many now. 

We will see by august then.  You are in your cushy world as the poster above stated. You have no idea how much these ppl rely on the tourist dollars.  They can't afford to stay closed till 2021.   Get a grip on reality.  

On 5/22/2020 at 12:02 PM, seaman11 said:

Pancake you can bet if carnival gets going in august. Both ncl and rcl will follow suit.  Of course i do admit there could be a covid setback.  However i like carnivals plan .  

Carnival is hoping for August but that is probably August 2021. No one is sailing out of th4 US in August 2020. The CDC is going to make sure thart doesn't happen because that is about the time the next wave is going to start hitting.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, seaman11 said:

Acording to whom?  Business cant afford to take that long to get going.  Places like the Bahamas already have low numbers in may.  With vetting and such by the ships. I can't imagine theses ports  would block ships if the cdc says its ok.  

IT doesn't matter what is going on in ports of call. US ports are not likely to be open this fall. A second wave is predicted. The CDC is not going to let ships in and out of US ports until their is a viable vaccine and that is at least a year away in spite of what the trumpet says.

3 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

She is currently going to GSC. Just because it is on the internet doesn’t make it true. I trust what the Captain has planned for today. 

3702C65A-C917-4088-9F46-7299C031BFBB.jpeg

E7465BFD-E5DF-4E61-9BCF-6D22E3A0CAC2.jpeg

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

She is currently going to GSC. Just because it is on the internet doesn’t make it true. I trust what the Captain has planned for today. 

I never said I got the information from the internet. I got the information from a crew member that I am in contact with on the Escape. To your point, just because you saw it on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I never said I got the information from the internet. I got the information from a crew member that I am in contact with on the Escape. To your point, just because you saw it on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

But I trust the ship's automated navigation information set by the captain versus some crew member being transported. And no doubt, the ship is headed to the Philippines,,,, just not at this moment. It is unclear what they are doing at GSC.... picking up additional crew... dropping off provisions... but it can be a very quick stop (weather and seas permitting) and they could be underway to Barcelona later tonight.   

We will see by august then.  You are in your cushy world as the poster above stated. You have no idea how much these ppl rely on the tourist dollars.  They can't afford to stay closed till 2021.   Get a grip on reality.  

As always Seaman11 you do not address any of the points. And the cruise lines can not afford one outbreak on the ships. How do you know the Island can not survive on reduced tourism they did before cruising. They are not waiting for cruise ships and COVID 19 another outbreak on an Island and ships can not stop there so no dollars again. Realistically  the Islands do not want COVID second wave because you do not want to be proved wrong. You have absolutely no idea what you are guessing other than to make derogatory remarks about people. 

Find a post where I said 2021- I have not said that ever. I suspect late September or October in reality. Strange that no August cruises sold out - no demand.

What post says I live in cushy world?  Maybe I do but I know what I am talking about whereas you are just guessing. No comment again about Atlantic City eh and you do not seek to challenge anything.  

Edited by Mrdodgy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

But I trust the ship's automated navigation information set by the captain versus some crew member being transported. And no doubt, the ship is headed to the Philippines,,,, just not at this moment. It is unclear what they are doing at GSC.... picking up additional crew... dropping off provisions... but it can be a very quick stop (weather and seas permitting) and they could be underway to Barcelona later tonight.   

First, I didn't say it was just "some crew member." You don't know who I know on the ship or who I communicate with.  While I won't disclose that information, I can tell you that it is not somebody who will be disembarking at any port on this journey, so deduce from that what you will. The issue is that it was posted by @bluesea777above that the Escape was on the way to taking folks home and you made a point of posting that the Escape was going to GSC.  If you understood all along that the ship is on a repatriation mission to Spain, India and the Philippines, why did you feel the need to post misleading info in response?

I will agree with others who have said that while you do make a significant contribution to this community by making many informative posts, sometimes it seems you can't help yourself from adding commentary that insinuates that you know everything and that the rest of us are stupid or ill-informed. It really undermines your credibility.

Anyway, regardless of if and why the Escape stops at GSC along the way, the point is that they are on a long-awaited repatriation mission and I wish our crew friends fair wins, following seas and Godspeed until they are safely home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Find a post where I said 2021- I have not said that ever. I suspect late September or October in reality. Strange that no August cruises sold out - no demand.

I would agree with you about September or October if things go well. Not surprised about August demand. Only cruise fans would book those this year.

I did one Caribbean cruise in late July and vowed never again to cruise the Caribbean in July or August. Besides the heat then the ship was overrun with hordes of children whose parents gave them the run of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

O.k. Pcake, we will stick with the facts.

The Escape set sail for GSC today. That is a fact.

When you said that I was incorrect that the ship’s navigation was reporting that they were going to GSC, that was incorrect. That is a fact.

The Escape slowed down and/or stopped off GSC for about 25 minutes. That is a fact.

The ship’s navigation has been set with Gibraltar as  the next call on June 2nd. That is a fact. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1