Would you cruise if Wearing a mask is mandatory?

Would you cruise if wearing a mask is Mandatory?  

711 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Yup, since I would only wear one when embarking/disembarking...and out to pick up coffee in the lounge.  😉  

The rest of my time would be with my feet up with a glass of wine and a book to read....sitting on the balcony enjoying the ocean air and views.  I never sit by the pool anyway.  

We spend a lot of time on our balcony...no masks needed there.  🙂 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, watson50 said:

I love your sarcasm. There's a pandemic raging and you've only worn a mask to get nails done? That's rich.😒. To answer to OP question. YES no problem. Live to cruise-Cruise to live.🚢

It was mandatory at the nail salon and the instant I was out off came the mask.  All the other places I have gone have not required masks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It was mandatory at the nail salon and the instant I was out off came the mask.  All the other places I have gone have not required masks.

I think that proves watson50’s theory. You did it because you had to, not because it may keep other people safe.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

I think that proves watson50’s theory. You did it because you had to, not because it may keep other people safe.

Unlike the guy in Walmart yesterday whose mask was around his neck while he was sniffing all the air fresheners, or the lady at Home Depot who took her mask off to have an up close conversation with the kitchen designer.   

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I think this might be our strategy too. We would normally book the cheapest OV cabins as we spend so little time in the room but it may be time to step up to balcony cabins for access to the open air in a worst case scenario.

Ditto.  We too usually get the standard OV cabin for most sailings so we can do several cruises and b2bs throughout the year.  So far 3 of our 4 future cruises booked we have a spacious OV balcony.  The 4th one in january we still have OV but may use one of our FCCs to upgrade to a balcony..    I think alot more cruisers will do the same if we have to wear masks at pool and sun decks then I'll just hang out on my balcony as long as I'm on the sunny side.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

For all those that are okay for wearing one for embarkation and disembarkation what purpose does that serve if you don't also wear it walking around the ship, sitting in the theater , gambling etc?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, watson50 said:

I love your sarcasm. There's a pandemic raging and you've only worn a mask to get nails done? That's rich.😒. To answer to OP question. YES no problem. Live to cruise-Cruise to live.🚢

They would have to let us take them off to eat and drink, wouldn't they? So then masks wouldn't be required constantly.

The answer for me is yes I would still cruise "if masks were required" whatever that means. BUT, the only cruise I am interested in right now is crossing the ocean. Been to lots of the usual ports over the years, pretty much done. I understand the majority of people enjoy shows and activities but I'd be happy lounging in the cabin or balcony with a book and a cocktail and the ocean as far as I can see.

58 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

I don’t believe it was sarcasm at all 

My wife makes me wear a mask in the house. Nothing to do with the virus, she just thinks I look less objectionable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Not a chance. If they begin sailings in August and a mask is required I'll be cancelling 16 upcoming cruises and be done. 

Next up for us is August also (maybe)

• Like 1

Possibly. 

I wouldn't cruise in the next few months if masks were required...but I am not likely to cruise in the next few months to a year anyway. Beyond that, I don't know. It just depends on what the "normal" is. I would wear a mask to travel in general and have worn a mask on a fairly frequent basis when traveling for various reasons so it isn't something that is out of the realm of possibility for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

For all those that are okay for wearing one for embarkation and disembarkation what purpose does that serve if you don't also wear it walking around the ship, sitting in the theater , gambling etc?  

embarkation/disembarkation is a congested time with many people near each other.  Once on the ship, it should be much easier to maintain distance

• Like 1