CCL Stock Rebounding

Boatdrill

Just imagine if one had taken a refund instead of an FCC, then used an equiv. amount of money to buy Carnival stock at 9-12 dollars, then sold same today.  It would make a 25 point return on FCC over a one  year hold period or so look pathetic against a much larger gain over a three month period!

Edited by iancal

29 minutes ago, drsel said:

With carnival cruises out of US ports being so cheap right now, you can do 5 cruises with that amount

Wish I lived in Florida ...for cruising !  We are still not doing International travel.  Our border between British Columbia and Washington is still closed to regular travel.  As much as I’d love to be cruising I know it won’t happen to us personally for a very long time sadly.  I sure miss the excitement of booking & planning a cruise.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, drsel said:

Don't we all wish that we lived in Florida for cruising?
The funny part is that my friends living there have not been on a single cruise yet!

lol! We would have been a 5* in no time if we lived there.   I guess your friends don’t enjoy cruising-so many last minute deals in the past too from Florida-was always jealous. 

• Like 2

The market is being irrational.  It's not just CCL.  Look at Boeing.  What has been the recent good news about the 737 MAX or the return to air travel when the CEO of Delta has said more than once that it's going to take 2-3 years for air travel to return to the level of pre-Covid-19.

It's good and mentally healthy to be optimistic, my friends.  But, I don't think "the Fat Lady"  has yet to sing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Stocks are a funny thing.  Big rally on 2mm job gain.  Another 30mm and we will be back where we started in February.

The stock market attempts to predict the future of the economy, company by company.  Obviously the market thinks that cruising is coming back, soon and big time.  [From their lips to God's ears...]

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The stock market attempts to predict the future of the economy, company by company.  Obviously the market thinks that cruising is coming back, soon and big time.  [From their lips to God's ears...]

Until tomorrow when it will think the industry is going to hell in a hand basket.  

10 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Wish I lived in Florida ...for cruising !  We are still not doing International travel.  Our border between British Columbia and Washington is still closed to regular travel.  As much as I’d love to be cruising I know it won’t happen to us personally for a very long time sadly.  I sure miss the excitement of booking & planning a cruise.  

Aren't there a few very small sailing companies out in BC that are still operating.  You could do a BC ferry trip (better than nothing).  Since I won't be cruising this year, I'm thinking of going to Whitehorse in Nov or Dec to see the northern lights.  Or, Churchill to see the polar bears.  (It's been 13 months since I've been on a cruise and I can't stand being on land much longer).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sue from Canada said:

Aren't there a few very small sailing companies out in BC that are still operating.  You could do a BC ferry trip (better than nothing).  Since I won't be cruising this year, I'm thinking of going to Whitehorse in Nov or Dec to see the northern lights.  Or, Churchill to see the polar bears.  (It's been 13 months since I've been on a cruise and I can't stand being on land much longer).

We actually have a boat and summer place on the Sunshine Coast which includes a ferry ride from Vancouver.    Years ago I told my husband I wanted a cruise but apparently I wasn’t clear enough I wanted it on a cruise ship not our boat, lol!!  I’ve made him pay ever since for that!

I think your idea to see the polar bears is awesome!  That would be incredible.  Either of your choices would be very interesting-hope it works out for you.  We will probably focus on flying (when it’s safer) to Quebec to see our little granddaughter in the fall.

13 hours ago, TN Fem said:

We bought our 100 shares when it tanked back in March. My 15 year old bought some too at even lower price than we did... he thinks he's an investing genius now. 

I hope your 15 year old is successful.  If he is, then I will be as well.  An investing "genius" me, No.  I'd encourage you to encourage your son to learn, read, research, and even view the cable channels dealing with the Market.  

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I hope your 15 year old is successful.  If he is, then I will be as well.  An investing "genius" me, No.  I'd encourage you to encourage your son to learn, read, research, and even view the cable channels dealing with the Market.  

My best advice to novice traders is to also learn the TAX implications of your trades.  Can make a huge difference.  Also, learn about options, as they can be great tools to increase your returns plus to aid in tax management.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

My best advice to novice traders is to also learn the TAX implications of your trades.  Can make a huge difference.  Also, learn about options, as they can be great tools to increase your returns plus to aid in tax management.

Good thing his mother was a tax attorney before kids 😛 

shoulda coulda woulda

i bought a good chunk at 8.20....wish i had bet the ranch but wasn't willing to spend my "golden years" as a walmart greeter if it went bust.......so far so good.....

• Like 1

Had to laugh at the topic (stock rebounding).  So now it is at about $22 per share as compared to its previous year's high of $53.86.  In my investment world this is far from a rebound.

Hank

• Like 1