Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes

We hope that amidst this global pandemic, you and your clients have remained healthy and safe. We are optimistic that each day that passes is another day closer to more certainty, more recoveries, and getting back to our regular day-to-day. While this is like nothing any of us have ever experienced, we continue to evaluate how it impacts our return to service, as well as upcoming projects.

Due to the impact of COVID-19 and given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain, Royal Caribbean® would like to make you aware of some updates regarding Allure of the Seas®, Explorer of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas® and Adventure of the Seas®.

• The Allure of the Seas Amplification has been postponed until further notice. Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021.
  • The Adventure, Explorer and Liberty of the Seas Amplifications have also been postponed until further notice. All Explorer sailings will be cancelled through August 2020 to complete a technical dry dock.

Travel partners with clients affected by these changes will be notified directly with more details and options available. 

Thank you for understanding that today’s ever-changing environment has led to decisions beyond our control. Please know our commitment to providing the best vacations at sea will never waver, nor will our commitment to you — our valued partners.

We appreciate your continued support of Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I would assume that would be the same for Allure out of Galveston March 2022, correct.  If that is the case at what point in time will Royal be in touch with people concerning those cruises.  And we had a awesome deal on an A1.

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

I would assume that would be the same for Allure out of Galveston March 2022, correct.  If that is the case at what point in time will Royal be in touch with people concerning those cruises.  And we had a awesome deal on an A1.

Correct.  All her Galveston Itineraries from November 2021 through April 2022 are cancelled and replaced by Liberty.

Expect to be notified in the next couple weeks.  You may get an offer to sail Allure price protected from her new port in Florida.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.  All her Galveston Itineraries from November 2021 through April 2022 are cancelled and replaced by Liberty

Curious to see if OBC will be offered to those on the Allure or just CWC and/or L and S  would think L and S would be a given to another Oasis class ship

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wahed said:

Thanks for the update.  This was expected, and my group had backed ourselves up on other cruises in addition to the Allure ones we had booked.

Wait to see what they offer you in terms of price protection and OBC compensation before cancelling.

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Curious to see if OBC will be offered to those on the Allure or just CWC and/or L and S

Probably the standard price protection as well as OBC and possibly a move over offer keeping same ship and sail date just from a Florida port instead of Galveston.

Good thing I never did cancel that Christmas cruise I had booked on her

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I would be good with just staying on her and moving to a different port in Florida.  Any ideas yet on Odyssey.  We are booked March 2021 so there is a little leeway for us if she is a little delayed.

You may be fine, I'm fairly certain November and possibly December sailings are highly suspect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Probably the standard price protection as well as OBC and possibly a move over offer keeping same ship and sail date just from a Florida port instead of Galveston.

Good thing I never did cancel that Christmas cruise I had booked on her

Sadly that is the one that I cancelled and am still waiting for the refund on

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

• The Allure of the Seas Amplification has been postponed until further notice. Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021.
  •  

Does that mean that that Anthem is "safe" and will remain in New Jersey since it mentions Liberty taking Allure's place?  (Determined to sail Anthem but not thrilled of the rumors that it was moving to Galveston)

Edited by LuCruise

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Does that mean that that Anthem is "safe" and will remain in New Jersey since it mentions Liberty taking Allure's place?  (Determined to sail Anthem but not thrilled of the rumors that it was moving to Galveston)

Yes.  It was just wishful thinking that didn't realistically make any sense

Edited by Ourusualbeach

40 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Curious to see if OBC will be offered to those on the Allure or just CWC and/or L and S  would think L and S would be a given to another Oasis class ship

I wonder the same. We are supposed to be on Allure this October for Presidents Cruise which we hope Royal cancels. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wonder the same. We are supposed to be on Allure this October for Presidents Cruise which we hope Royal cancels. 

Yours would just be a cancellation under the global sailing suspension, nothing different than current offerings

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:
  • The Adventure, Explorer and Liberty of the Seas Amplifications have also been postponed until further notice. All Explorer sailings will be cancelled through August 2020 to complete a technical dry dock.

Was hoping the Explorer would still get "amped" while in dry dock. Probably not happening for another year or so now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Was hoping the Explorer would still get "amped" while in dry dock. Probably not happening for another year or so now.

Possibly 2 1/2 yers until her next scheduled drydock and more money is flowing

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I am sailing on Radiance next June.

She is scheduled for a refurbishment this year.  Do you think that would be cancelled, too?

Radiance wasn't really scheduled for a refurb.  It's a mechanical drydock and they do some minor interior touch ups but nothing major.