Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lol it may be publically owned but that's not the same as a airport used by commercial airlines. Ok some private business charters, but it's not a airport you would only into to cruise.

Out in west boca.,I lived on the beach. Sure miss it.

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol it may be publically owned but that's not the same as a airport used by commercial airlines. Ok some private business charters, but it's not a airport you would only into to cruise.

Out in west boca.,I lived on the beach. Sure miss it.

I never said it was a commercial airport, I just used it as a reference point.  It is a pretty good size though.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

46 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I'd be fine with the Allure staying in PC...close to Orlando. It would be nice to have the" lovely lady without the Abyss" nearby. And if Fine Line moved far, far away, that would be OK. I think they should make Allure a "best of O class" .. Playmakers, Portside, no Abyss, DL on 11, Champagne Bar, Giovanni's Wine & Pizza Bar, please no Fine Line or Hiro.........

mac_tlc

Old DL on Allure should become the Pinnacle Lounge. They certainly deserve it. 

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I never said it was a commercial airport, I just used it as a reference point.  It is a pretty good size though.

We have stayed at the newish Marriott there a couple of times.  The first time was my first cruise living in Ocala instead of Naples, and I stupidly booked the Monday after Thanksgiving.  Worst traffic of my life on Thanksgiving Sunday, we averaged 16 MPH on the turnpike from Orlando to Boca.  I have never been so glad to see a hotel in my life and I still think of that drive every time I hear a mention of the airport.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lol I just never heard it referred to as a landmark. If you live in boca, you might hear west boca referred to with a sneer. 

But I've been there, knew a guy with a plane there. 

I was going to say if you flew in there you must be rich.

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder if next annoucement will be ships going bye-bye in the 3 fleets? Royal, Celebrity and Azamara   Might as well tighten things up while everyone is sitting pretty!

Speak for yourself. I just lost my b2b on allure. Some poor guy had allure booked Nye for his family of 5 is kinda upset. Not sitting pretty. 

Someone in another group pointed out the terminal is just delayed for a year.

I'm not booked on allure until 2022. ... says liberty will substitute thru late 2021. Doesnt say anything about 2022, so I'm back up in the air... notice the wording .... doesnt say a thing about my march allure in 2022.

Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.  All her Galveston Itineraries from November 2021 through April 2022 are cancelled and replaced by Liberty.

Expect to be notified in the next couple weeks.  You may get an offer to sail Allure price protected from her new port in Florida.

Odd it doesnt say that.

Says liberty thru late 2021. I see I'm not the only on who is booked past the date of the announcement.

Sounds like they havent committed to a ship past late 2021?

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

notice the wording .... doesnt say a thing about my march allure in 2022.

It takes over the itineraries starting in late 2021, not that the itineraries are only through late 2021.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Odd it doesnt say that.

Says liberty thru late 2021. I see I'm not the only on who is booked past the date of the announcement.

Sounds like they havent committed to a ship past late 2021?

Every single Allure sailing is cancelled.  Go ahead...try and book one.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Someone in another group pointed out the terminal is just delayed for a year.

I'm not booked on allure until 2022. ... says liberty will substitute thru late 2021. Doesnt say anything about 2022, so I'm back up in the air... notice the wording .... doesnt say a thing about my march allure in 2022.

Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021. 

Terminal won't be done until fall 22 at earliest. I'm sorry, but your cruise is toast.

And BTW, your quote says beginning in late 21, the time Allure was supposed to arrive in Galveston

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Just received this for Allure. 

Dear Guest,

We hope that amidst this situation, you have remained healthy, safe, and optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to a more regular day-to-day.

Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, the amplification of Allure of the Seas, which included renovations and new signature attractions, has been moved to a later date. Currently, Allure is in Cadiz, Spain receiving a routine technical dry dock to ensure she is ready for your cruise. And, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. As a result, Allure of the Seas will no longer sail from Galveston during Winter 2021 - 2022 and will sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, instead. 

We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise and apologize for the delay in construction plans. We were excited about it, too. However, the good news is, Liberty of the Seas will take Allure's place in Galveston come Winter 2021 and will set sail on 7-nightWestern Caribbean itineraries on the exact same days as your original cruise. To make this transition easier, we're automatically moving you to the Liberty of the Seassailing departing on the same day as your original sailing. We will personally contact you over the next few weeks, to help you find the best possible stateroom. If by any chance we miss you, please call us at (888) 281-9344. If we haven't heard from you by July 7th, 2020, we'll handle the change for you. An updated booking confirmation will be sent to the email address on file with your new stateroom number. 

If you've already paid your reservation in full, and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll refund you the difference to the original form of payment once the move is complete. You can expect to receive your refund within 45 days. 

And although not the original ship planned, we know you'll enjoy the Liberty of the Seas. Our thrill seekers can take the plunge on our dual waterslides - The Perfect Storm, surf the waves on the FlowRider, then show off your skills in our ice-skating rink. If relaxing is number one on your to do list, we also have you covered. Enjoy live music as you sip a cocktail, experience world-class entertainment at live production show, or grab a bite to eat at one of our specialty dining venues. Please see your revised itinerary outlined below.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Galveston, Texas

4:00 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Cozumel, Mexico

7:00 AM

4:30 PM

Wed

George Town, Grand Cayman

10:30 AM

6:00 PM

Thu

Falmouth, Jamaica

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Galveston, Texas

6:30 AM

While we do hope you choose to stay booked on the Liberty, we understand the impact this change has caused on your vacation. Should you choose not to sail, you are welcome to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy. This provides you with the flexibility to cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to departure for sailings that depart before April 30th, 2022and receive a Future Cruise Credit. To learn more about this program, please visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence. If you decide you'd like to cancel your upcoming cruise and receive a credit and you don't want to wait on the phone, please click here to get the process started.

Should you have any questions or concerns, we are here to assist. Please contact your Travel Advisor or call us at (888) 281-9344 and know, hold times may be a bit longer than usual due to this unparalleled situation. 

We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation, and know that together, we will all come out of this stronger than ever. In the meantime, please stay safe. We can't wait to welcome you onboard for an amazing cruise vacation!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Wow.  Going from an anticipated amped Allure to Liberty.  I will have to say that is not an apples to apples trade.  

Even if you were in a GS and got switched to a GS on Liberty, no Coastal Kitchen, or free internet.  

No mention of a lift and shift possibility to Florida ports.

• Like 1

I expected some obc for movimg to a cheaper cruise.

I gotta admit I'm disappointed in the lack of choice. Lol the only choice is if your price drops we will give you the price drop.

I expected the choice of going out of florida if I wanted it. Some do who are booked.

Disappointed in rc. No letter yet myself. But assume its coming or travel agent got mine. Wow. Sorry but wow. At least I'm not the dad posting who booked his family of 5 for Nye and at best get a price drop. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I expected some obc for movimg to a cheaper cruise.

I gotta admit I'm disappointed in the lack of choice. Lol the only choice is if your price drops we will give you the price drop.

I expected the choice of going out of florida if I wanted it. Some do who are booked.

Disappointed in rc. No letter yet myself. But assume its coming or travel agent got mine. Wow. Sorry but wow. At least I'm not the dad posting who booked his family of 5 for Nye and at best get a price drop. 

I think your best bet is to ask for the 125% FCC and try and find a FL cruise on Oasis or Symphony

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think your best bet is to ask for the 125% FCC and try and find a FL cruise on Oasis or Symphony

The letter above says you can cancel with cwc, nothing about 125%. Cwc you get 100% on your deposit.

I only have paid deposit, it's a b2b in march 2022. So 2 cruises actually affected. 

The only lucky thing is I have generic categories easy to move. Well it's good in that way, it will transfer easily, I just expected a few options. I'm just more surprised than anything. I'd hoped for a newer ship I hadnt been on before. Oh well. I'm going to my Galveston group and see what they think. 

Edited by firefly333