Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

59 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Some might recall that Pullmantur, after scrapping all of their ships but one (I think), announced an agreement with Celebrity to buy 2 of their M-Class ships.  Even though several argued with me, the obvious two to go would be Constellation and Infinity, since they are the only 2 M-Class ships not to be revolutionized.  This could have made a lot of sense for Pullmantur, as they'd be operating 3 ships, Horizon, Constellation and Infinity.

Of course, Horizon is gone now.  Scrapped,

Edited by mahdnc

38 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Remember that the deadline to Watch is March 21

points to be awarded April 14

People to start posting "where are my points" April 12  😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

People to start posting "where are my points" April 12  😂

And people to start posting about how they didn't get the link, even though they got the last (I'll get mine tomorrow - happens every time).  Should start soon.

4 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

How long is the presentation and do you need to do anything at the end?

Take a screenshot of the Thank you for viewing for when the points don't get awarded lol.

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Of course, Horizon is gone now.  Scrapped,

That was my first cruise.    ignore   Horizon was my first celebrity cruise.   

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bikerunner said:

That was my first cruise.    ignore   Horizon was my first celebrity cruise.   

It was my first experience on a cruise ship too.  Loved it and certainly do miss it but the memories will be with me forever. 😎🙏🥰

22 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Alright, so I just watched the presentation about the new PUP but didn't see any questions to answer afterwards; did I miss something?  🤔

Video ones I've seen there is no question that comes with it, the activity is to just watch the presentation 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Alright, so I just watched the presentation about the new PUP but didn't see any questions to answer afterwards; did I miss something?  🤔

They were towards the end, but Laura didn’t give straight answers:

eg Will you bring another ship to Southampton- no ‘yes or no’ but talked  around the subject of planning etc.

Edited by upwarduk

29 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

No quiz at the end. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Laura didn’t give straight answers:

eg Will you bring another ship to Southampton- no ‘yes or no’ but talked  around the subject of planning etc.

This.  Let us hold our breath and stay tuned and see what the deployment team comes up with.  So come 2026 or 2027 I could be dead.  She also paid lip service to those asking about longer, non-repeating itineraries with B2B potential.  I wonder if they are regretting all these 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 day repeating itineraries.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

They were towards the end, but Laura didn’t give straight answers:

Definitely a lot of non answers. But I’m glad to see that I’m getting the Powerup Point offer emails again.

3 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

This.  Let us hold our breath and stay tuned and see what the deployment team comes up with.  So come 2026 or 2027 I could be dead.  She also paid lip service to those asking about longer, non-repeating itineraries with B2B potential.  I wonder if they are regretting all these 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 day repeating itineraries.

Probably because it seems most things they implemented recently they back tracked on.

I have 5 weeks vacation a year, I don't need every cruise to be two weeks but having options would be nice as I have done a 4 day and didn't enjoy it. In the last year I've looked at a minimum of 7 day up to two weeks for a cruise, nothing less.

4 minutes ago, mathed101 said:

After watching the video do you get a confirmation email or do you just have to wait until April 14th to see if the points appear in your captain's account?

No confirmation. Magically appear on or after the due date.

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

Probably because it seems most things they implemented recently they back tracked on.

I have 5 weeks vacation a year, I don't need every cruise to be two weeks but having options would be nice as I have done a 4 day and didn't enjoy it. In the last year I've looked at a minimum of 7 day up to two weeks for a cruise, nothing less.

I agree.  I'll happily do a 4-7 day cruise where I can easily drive to the port, but if I have to fly a quarter to half way around the world to embark a ship, I want the cruise to be long enough to be worth the time, trouble, and expense.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I agree.  I'll happily do a 4-7 day cruise where I can easily drive to the port, but if I have to fly a quarter to half way around the world to embark a ship, I want the cruise to be long enough to be worth the time, trouble, and expense.

Exactly - my Dec cruise as an example normally I drive over the border and fly to Florida but I had enough points for a flight from Canada that it was better I go that way. Issue is even though I fly first thing in the morning, the earliest flight if on time doesn't leave until 9am and I get to FLL at 7pm as I have a few hours connecting in Toronto. It makes 0 sense to do two full days of traveling for a 4 day cruise

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1