Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Are they stopping PUP's?  I am aware of only 40 points offered this month (they were offered early in the month of April) with only 1 day left.  Wondering if they don't want/need to keep us engaged any more?

Sit, stay!... Good PUPpy.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Are they stopping PUP's?  I am aware of only 40 points offered this month (they were offered early in the month of April) with only 1 day left.  Wondering if they don't want/need to keep us engaged any more?

Yesterday's webinar after the Beyond reveal still required us to register. Now Celebrity can see how many people joined in without being awarded PUP points and decide whether people join these webinars out of interest for the subject matter or purely for the points. 

7 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Yesterday's webinar after the Beyond reveal still required us to register. Now Celebrity can see how many people joined in without being awarded PUP points and decide whether people join these webinars out of interest for the subject matter or purely for the points. 

Hmmm... I think this is comparing apples to oranges. A webinar about a new ship surely interests more people than a cruise destination webinar. Without PUP points, I still want to watch the introduction of Beyond but I won't spend time to join those webinars about port information. lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Hmmm... I think this is comparing apples to oranges. A webinar about a new ship surely interests more people than a cruise destination webinar. Without PUP points, I still want to watch the introduction of Beyond but I won't spend time to join those webinars about port information. lol

I, on the other hand, have far more interest in cruise destinations than new ships. Like many people, I book a cruise based on its itinerary, not the ship.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I, on the other hand, have far more interest in cruise destinations than new ships. Like many people, I book a cruise based on its itinerary, not the ship.

Agree with you on "book a cruise based on itinerary", but details about cruise destinations are always available on Celebrity's website and their Youtube channel, so I can watch them whenever I need the information.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

There are only a few ships I will sail on, and the ship experience is just as important to me as the destinations.  E-Class seems to have cemented it for me, especially their retreat level, can easily find detonations that interest me.  The older refurbed ships, yes they added the retreat, but the retreat deck w/o a pool...🥴

1 minute ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Agree with you on "book a cruise based on itinerary", but details about cruise destinations are always available on Celebrity's website and their Youtube channel, so I can watch them whenever I need the information.

True enough. Just as I can go to Celebrity's website and YouTube channel for information on their ships. 😊 In case you missed it, yesterday they released another video on the Beyond.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 3:36 PM, shipshape sam said:

Cruising is starting back. I would say it's back to earning points the old fashioned way. Book a cruise. 

21 minutes ago, ORV said:

Cruising is starting back. I would say it's back to earning points the old fashioned way. Book a cruise. 

Does this mean I can unsubscribe from Celebrity emails?  They send way too many.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ORV said:

Many potential customers still cannot/ are not allowed to sail or are just a little bit hesitand right now. Thus for some time it would appear to be a simple way to keep people engaged and in contact with Celebrity.

Just look at over 2600 posts on this thread alone.

Thus, lets hope for some more PUPs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Booked Silhouette 6/08/21 yesterday. Then I read the April Captain’s Club newsletter and realised that we will get DOUBLE points for our sailing, as the booking is before 28/08/21.

Not sure about the 100 PUP points for booking by 05/05/21, but I have applied any way. (post 2568.)

Edited by upwarduk

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Booked Silhouette 6/08/21 yesterday. Then I read the April Captain’s Club newsletter and realised that we will get DOUBLE points for our sailing, as the booking is before 28/08/21.

Not sure about the 100 PUP points for booking by 05/05/21, but I have applied any way. (post 2568.)

Good for you!  Bon voyage 😀

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Great. Will be great to be back on a ship! My wife will not book anything☹️ I will wave to you from the beach on the port hand side opposite the refinery. Spot the miserable looking bald bloke with a labrador (who will likely be swimming out to the ship!).

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I'm 49 points away from Elite +, I just need to convince my husband of booking something before the Cinco de Mayo 😀

I'm going to be 4 points short of Elite+ [actually Discoverer+] after my next Azamara cruise.  I really need Celebrity to do one more month of Power Ups before the loyalty program split!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm going to be 4 points short of Elite+ [actually Discoverer+] after my next Azamara cruise.  I really need Celebrity to do one more month of Power Ups before the loyalty program split!

Hope you get them!  No matter how many they do and help get to the next level, some will just fall short.  I am just a few short too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shipshape sam said:

Hope you get them!  No matter how many they do and help get to the next level, some will just fall short.  I am just a few short too.  

I am just 8 short for the next level.  Also hope they offer more non social PUP offers.

• Like 1

On our last Celebrity cruise, in October of 2019, we earned the points necessary to hit the next level (Elite).

On our last Princess cruise, in February of 2019, we earned the points to get to the next level (Platinum). 

We were looking forward to the fall 2020 and winter/spring 2021 cruises and getting to enjoy the benefits.

Today we would have boarded the Celebrity cruise which would have gotten us to E+.

I'm grateful for the 23 PUPs we have gotten, though I'm still 401 points below where I would be, had we actually been cruising. 

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

who said it was one cruise?

MamaFej said,

“On our last Celebrity cruise, in October of 2019, we earned the points necessary to hit the next level (Elite)“

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

How on earth could you leap from 300-750 points in one cruise?

I think that's based on the presumption that all of her cancelled cruises had actually sailed:

"Today we would have boarded the Celebrity cruise which would have gotten us to E+ [had our fall 2020 and winter/spring2021 cruises not been cancelled]".

• Like 2