Royal Caribbean BACK to BACK suggestions please

Where do you live? 1/3/21 liberty apparently has some great prices, especially for military. Someone posted they upgraded and got a price drop of about $680 today. Add a 5 day or another 7 day. Galveston

I'm doing b2b jewel feb 7 and 14, several doing feb 21 and 28th, good prices. (The feb 7th is a bahamas perfect day is why I choose it)

Give us a hint which port you want to leave from.

Edited by firefly333

Since we are all dreaming of cruising today, how about.........

Radiance of the Seas 

May 2, 2021 10 day Hawaii from Honolulu cruise, followed by May 12, 2021 9 day Alaska Cruise from Vancouver.

19 days total.

• Like 1

Make friends on the first portion of the B2B and have them purchase your liquor for you.  That way when it is delivered to them on their last day you can have a bottle or two for the second leg.  

Try to get the same room, if you can't don't worry, they will move you.  You will just need to pack up the drawers as they will move all the hanging stuff.

1 hour ago, gsv0019 said:

We're not "new cruisers"  but we're considering our first B2B.  We're 12 nights from Diamond status.  Would love to hear your recommendations.  

Radiance northbound Alaska & southbound Alaska.

A B2B on the Vision - from Ft Lauderdale! 

10 Night Southern Caribbean - February 26th - Labadee, San Juan, St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, St Maarten

11 Night Southern Caribbean - March 8- Curaçao, Aruba, Colombia, Costa Rica, & Panama

We just did a similar B2B in February/March on the Serenade!  It was fabulous!  Whatever you choose, have fun!  B2B’s are great - you will love it!

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Radiance northbound Alaska & southbound Alaska.

Did that!  Do it in late fall or early spring, we did it in high summer, and the Radiance was packed.

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Radiance of the Seas 

May 2, 2021 10 day Hawaii from Honolulu cruise, followed by May 12, 2021 9 day Alaska Cruise from Vancouver.

19 days total.

We've done something like this from San Francisco.  We did Hawaii, spent the night in San Francisco, then got on a Celebrity for Alaska.

Another to  consider is the South Pacific/Australia/New Zealand.

We've also done the Transatlantic/Norwegian Fjords on the old legend.  We actually got to visit five ports in Norway.  On our most recent trips to Norway, it's been two, but those also included a transatlantic from Boston.  Loved the northern route (Iceland/Greenland/Canada) that goes through Prince Christian Sund.

Another are New England B2B:

Boston, Quebec, Boston - Just cancelled the one for this fall.

Or Quebec/Montreal to FLL, then Caribbean. 

Can't do Boston, Quebec, Port Everglades, because an annoying PSVA violation.

Edited by knittinggirl

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Freedom out of San Juan.  Great southern Caribbean ports and you visit a lot of them 🙂

With bonus option of 2-3 nights in San Juan before and/or after the cruise.

This! We did these two last year - fantastic ports on the b2b, great stay in San Juan the week beforehand and so fun and vibrant with the people from PR!

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Freedom out of San Juan.  Great southern Caribbean ports and you visit a lot of them 🙂

With bonus option of 2-3 nights in San Juan before and/or after the cruise.

We've also done this B2B and will be doing it again March 14th & March 21st again on Freedom...Love these itineraries and some pre-cruise nights in San Juan.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Where do you live? 1/3/21 liberty apparently has some great prices, especially for military. Someone posted they upgraded and got a price drop of about $680 today. Add a 5 day or another 7 day. Galveston

I'm doing b2b jewel feb 7 and 14, several doing feb 21 and 28th, good prices. (The feb 7th is a bahamas perfect day is why I choose it)

Give us a hint which port you want to leave from.

From Iowa so it's a toss up.  We've cruised out of Florida several times.  Haven't tried Galveston . . .yet!

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

We've also done this B2B and will be doing it again March 14th & March 21st again on Freedom...Love these itineraries and some pre-cruise nights in San Juan.

So you do the same cruise/ports two weeks in a row?

27 minutes ago, gsv0019 said:

From Iowa so it's a toss up.  We've cruised out of Florida several times.  Haven't tried Galveston . . .yet!

We seem to suddenly be getting a group on the 1/3 liberty. Has a military discount. I think the solo rate on pr was good. Oddly enough the only insides it shows are gty and pr. Solo they keep telling me there is a unwritten rule cant book gty, so luckily I love pr. My ta got me a nice corner aft balcony another liberty but I been wanting a pr. Odd it's my only choice. 

Must be 10 of us women grabbed the feb 7 perfect day on jewel. I made it a b2b... obviously too close to liberty 1/3 but the prices are good. I assume the women have husbands, but all the sudden everyone said hey I wanna do that perfect day feb 7, so I added feb 14 to make it a b2b. I admit I forget where it goes feb 14, i think roatan etc. All 4 week in feb had good solo rates. 

If you are military the pricing on that 1/3 liberty someone got a 862 price drop today lol. Must be good if military but good solo price to me too. If they quit cancelling me I'll make diamond plus with these. Crossing fingers

One lady never been to Galveston on that 1/3 liberty might come into Galveston early for the fireworks and parade nye. Deal was too good to pass up.

Edited by firefly333

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Radiance of the Seas 

19 days total.

This would be a fantastic combo!

B2B are great, especially if you can snag the same cabin for both.  Book early for that privilege.  Otherwise moving cabins isn't the end of the world but it does take some of the fun out of it.

Most ships will recognize Diamond status on the second leg of a B2B but not the first leg.  Talk to the loyalty ambassador as soon as you board cruise #1.

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We seem to suddenly be getting a group on the 1/3 liberty. Has a military discount. I think the solo rate on pr was good. Oddly enough the only insides it shows are gty and pr. Solo they keep telling me there is a unwritten rule cant book gty, so luckily I love pr. My ta got me a nice corner aft balcony another liberty but I been wanting a pr. Odd it's my only choice. 

Must be 10 of us women grabbed the feb 7 perfect day on jewel. I made it a b2b... obviously too close to liberty 1/3 but the prices are good. I assume the women have husbands, but all the sudden everyone said hey I wanna do that perfect day feb 7, so I added feb 14 to make it a b2b. I admit I forget where it goes feb 14, i think roatan etc. All 4 week in feb had good solo rates. 

If you are military the pricing on that 1/3 liberty someone got a 862 price drop today lol. Must be good if military but good solo price to me too. If they quit cancelling me I'll make diamond plus with these. Crossing fingers

One lady never been to Galveston on that 1/3 liberty might come into Galveston early for the fireworks and parade nye. Deal was too good to pass up.

What is a pr?

13 hours ago, pstone1 said:

A B2B on the Vision - from Ft Lauderdale! 

10 Night Southern Caribbean - February 26th - Labadee, San Juan, St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, St Maarten

11 Night Southern Caribbean - March 8- Curaçao, Aruba, Colombia, Costa Rica, & Panama

We just did a similar B2B in February/March on the Serenade!  It was fabulous!  Whatever you choose, have fun!  B2B’s are great - you will love it!

We did the 10/11 nights on Serenade last winter.  It was a great 3 weeks 🙂

If you are not a newer cruiser and if the ports do not matter, then any ship , any itinerary is  wonderful for a B2B.  

We've done many B2B, some with 2 different European itineraries,  and more with Caribbean, Bahamas, etc. itineraries .  We were scheduled for a B2B eastern/western carib a few years ago, and a hurricane turned our eastern to a  western ( or maybe it was the the way around) so we had the same itinerary for both cruises.  Didn't matter to us.  

A B2B is so relaxing, even if you have lots of ports because you have 2 cruises to take in the ship amenities.  We've had many in the same cabin for both cruises and many where we had to change cabins.  Of course the same cabin is best, but generally the move is not too bad.  If moving,  we've been able to tell the new cabin attendant that we are B2B and give them the  cabin # and they try to service that cabin first.    

We had one  B2B where we had to sit in the terminal a few hours extra as the ship as undergoing a coast guard inspection .  We were told  of a potential delay the last day of the  first cruise.  On ships with reserved entertainment, there is often a staff that  comes to the ( on board morning)  B2B waiting area   and  gets your entertainment  reservation set for the next cruise.

Since you  are 12 nights from the next C&A level, you would need to take a 12 nights first   cruise ( or at least a 6 night in a suite)  to then be at the new level for the second cruise.  If you do reach a new status, the Loyalty Ambassador can assist you in getting the new benefits. 

We love a long drive or a flight away from any  port  so  often do the  B2B ( or the occasional  B3B)  to cut down on travel hours, pre cruise hotel, or airfare costs.   

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

20 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We did the 10/11 nights on Serenade last winter.  It was a great 3 weeks 🙂

And unfortunately Serenade is no longer doing that route.  Vision taking it over now.   Though...who knows when we will ever be able to be on ANY B2B.  😞