ALL ABOUT APEX.....

hcat

According to my DD, Apex will just anchor off France for a couple of weeks. It doesn't have the crew that will pass the US Coastguard inspection before it can enter US waters.

When she sailed from St Nazaire aboard the Edge in October 2018 for its inaugural cruises it had to stop in the Bahamas to allow the shipyard contractors off and then all the crew had to go through the training process for emergency evacuations etc before they dare allow the US Coastguard on board.

If Apex isn't properly crewed up yet, it therefore puts some doubt surely that it will come to the Caribbean anytime soon!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 6:37 AM, mikkelhansen said:

If this guy is just a little bit right in his claims, it would appear that both my "thoughts" mentioned above are true - off-shore anchoring before being moved to the Caribbean:

The hype is real!!!

Go see all the wonderful pictures and videos for yoursel on this link: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/celebrityapex/

This individual also has a blog page at www.sparx.org and I have included a link to his entry about the Apex where you can view even more pictures, both exterior and interior in all different phases.

https://sparkx.org/?p=12035

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I have Eden booked in February, so I can report back.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I was glad X decided to change the Eden menu, now we may give it a try. We have a future cruise on Apex too. 😊

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I was glad X decided to change the Eden menu, now we may give it a try. We have a future cruise on Apex too. 😊

I am also looking forward to your comments on Eden on Apex.  We had friends who did b2b on Edge very early after she launched who chose not to eat in Eden due to the (her words) "bizarre, intrusive entertainers".  I have read that was toned down on Edge before the suspension of sailings.  With a change in "entertainment during dinner" and reports on the new menu, we may choose to try it next October.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

I am also looking forward to your comments on Eden on Apex.  We had friends who did b2b on Edge very early after she launched who chose not to eat in Eden due to the (her words) "bizarre, intrusive entertainers".  I have read that was toned down on Edge before the suspension of sailings.  With a change in "entertainment during dinner" and reports on the new menu, we may choose to try it next October.

I liked both the food and the entertainment in February - and I am usually a pretty basic - not picky, but nothing fancy - eater. I found that if the entertainers saw that people were not into it, they went to the next area - no one was in your face at all. And the waiters were CERTAINLY not part of the entertainment. They were very professional - so I can only guess that the server someone mentioned as talking in a baby voice just naturally has a baby voice (yes, I know grown people who still have high-pitched baby voices, and yes it sounds ridiculous unless there is a medical reason for it - which there is not in the cases I know). But I know different people like different things.

12 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

We sailed on the Edge Inaugural cruise and her first TA in April. The menu in Eden (and the accompanying entertainment) didn’t appeal to us on either sailing.

We've decided to go ahead and make reservations on Apex for Eden while waiting for new reviews. 😊

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

The menu in Eden (and the accompanying entertainment) didn’t appeal to us on either sailing.

We've decided to go ahead and make reservations on Apex for Eden while waiting for new reviews. 😊

When we went to Eden, and I read the menu, I did not think I would like the food.  We were pleasantly surprised.  😊

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Texed said:

When we went to Eden, and I read the menu, I did not think I would like the food.  We were pleasantly surprised.  😊

I agree. I was very hesitant about the menu. I found in reality the descriptions generally made the food sound much more exotic than what it actually was.

Our January cruise was shifted to later 2021 so I will have to read all the trip reports to see how much different she is than the Edge. Looking forward to our trip though, as we were able to keep a forward facing oceanview.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:29 PM, vulcan1971 said:

This individual also has a blog page at www.sparx.org and I have included a link to his entry about the Apex where you can view even more pictures, both exterior and interior in all different phases.

Enjoy!

Thank  You for  sharing the link to this blog...enjoyed  going through it!

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2020 at 9:26 AM, C-Dragons said:

Received an email from X with this video.

Interesting remarks about the changes to the menu in Eden.

Thanks for the link!

Not crazy about the menu in EDEN but the space  is very nice with a view aft.. esp at Sunset. We will likely try it if we have time. No need for the Eden show  again..Nice dinner with a view is fine!

Big  fans of Le Grand Bistro for the  great lunch menu  and wines.. but .not fans of Le Petit Chef!

Looking forward to.it

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

What predictions now since Celebrity has called off all cruises now through Oct. 31? 

WE are still hoping and trying to decide on whether to cancel our Jan. 2, 2021 cruise on the Apex. We booked an S3 suite for our 50th anniversary and were so looking forward to it.

Do we hold out till last day to make final payment and HOPE for it to sail or move it to 2021 later and just book an AI resort in Mexico or elsewhere instead? Final payment is due in about 3 weeks.

On 8/25/2020 at 11:29 PM, vulcan1971 said:

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing this - My understanding remains that she'll be off of the coast of France for a few weeks and then head over to join Edge around Cococay. I've seen quite a few posts from on board that confirm that.  Slightly surprised they won't have her come to Southampton to join some of the Royal ships, but sounds like they have a financial deal with the yard for the anchoring. 

And that's for sharing the post - she's a really stunning ship.  If you have any questions give me a shout! 

On 8/27/2020 at 7:12 PM, MarkWiltonM said:

I heard that Apex might have more shady outdoor areas based on feedback from Edge guests. Does anyone know if this happened?

Not from what I saw when I was on board. There is an additional band area which is shaded on the rooftop garden, but otherwise looks pretty much similar.  I do wonder if they will add in some umbrellas and the like. 

16 hours ago, sparkx said:

Thanks for sharing this - My understanding remains that she'll be off of the coast of France for a few weeks and then head over to join Edge around Cococay. I've seen quite a few posts from on board that confirm that.  Slightly surprised they won't have her come to Southampton to join some of the Royal ships, but sounds like they have a financial deal with the yard for the anchoring. 

And that's for sharing the post - she's a really stunning ship.  If you have any questions give me a shout! 

So, you are thinking she will not do her European sailings, but will come to FLL?

Thanks so much for the link. We have sailed on the Edge, but this article really points out the differences the Apex will have.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:43 PM, C-Dragons said:

We sailed on the Edge Inaugural cruise and her first TA in April. The menu in Eden (and the accompanying entertainment) didn’t appeal to us on either sailing.

Hi, we sailed on the January 12, 2020 trip on Edge.  Our dinner in Eden was far and away the best we’ve had on any Celebrity ship. Hoping the changes on Apex do not make it too main stream and boring.  What’s so surprising about the Apex change is it was not easy getting an Eden reservation before the sailing date and really difficult once onboard.  Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1