What Itineraries Would You Like to See Royal Bring Back or Add?

I've been spending some spare time reflecting on cruises past and got to thinking of itineraries that have disappeared as well as itineraries I wish were added.   

For itineraries that have disappeared:

#1:  14 day X-mas and New Year's Caribbean cruise out of Bayonne.  We used to do this itinerary on Explorer when she was in Bayonne and really miss it.  Back to back Bahamas just don't cut it for us.

#2: Western Med with overnight in Istanbul, just such a beautiful city.

#3:  Arabian Gulf Cruises stopping in Dubai, Muscat, etc.

For itineraries I'd like added:

#1: World Cruise on Royal

#2: Cruises that stop in Luxor or Cairo

#3: More ports of call added to Baltic Cruises (stops in Germany and Poland)

• Like 2

They have jewel going out of Galveston going to panama twice this december. I'm betting they get cancelled and no other choices to Panama out of Galveston. 

I want to do a longer Panama partial out of Galveston. 

Carnival had freedom and then radiance doing partial Panama but they too cancelled radiance and moved the ship to cover a ship they sold. No possible choices right now. Please add it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

Bayonne to Canada and Greenland.   

More small ports.

More longer cruises out of all ports.

While ever ships get bigger and bigger any yet bigger still, small ports will be a rarity.

• Like 2

I agree with choice #1. We loved doing the Explorer 14nt. even though it wasn't at holiday time. But, the cruise we would really like to sea, pun intended, is Bayonne to the ABC islands and more  Southern Caribbean 12nt choices. Anthem or Oasis would be an added pleasure.

• Like 5

I'd like to see them mix in some longer itineraries on the AMPed Voyager class such as Mariner and Navigator.  These are really great ships but I'm not going to fly to Florida to do a 3 or 4 night cruise and B2B with Nassau/PDCC is boring.   

Mix in an occasional 9/5 or 10/4 cruise to the ABC or Eastern Caribbean and let people enjoy these AMPed beauties on something other than 3/4.  Once a month break from the 3/4 night lather, rince, repeat and add something better for these ships.  Keep a stop at PDCC and include Labadee to maximize revenue.  

• Like 10

More British Isles.

Ireland, Scotland, Iceland & Greenland.

Longer Baltic with more ports.

More cruises that include Malta.

Longer southern Caribbean itineraries from San Juan.

Longer Alaska cruises more ports.

Some Tahiti cruises from West Coast.

And of course some longer more often cruises from Los Angeles to somewhere other than Pacific coastal.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 3

We don’t really do Caribbean cruises (unless with family), so would like to see

South America

Around the Horn

Panama Canal - full transit, more that just once a year.  

West coast - San Diego to Chile 

From West Coast, Cabo and up the sea of Cortez.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

I've been spending some spare time reflecting on cruises past and got to thinking of itineraries that have disappeared as well as itineraries I wish were added.   

For itineraries that have disappeared:

#1:  14 day X-mas and New Year's Caribbean cruise out of Bayonne.  We used to do this itinerary on Explorer when she was in Bayonne and really miss it.  Back to back Bahamas just don't cut it for us.

#2: Western Med with overnight in Istanbul, just such a beautiful city.

#3:  Arabian Gulf Cruises stopping in Dubai, Muscat, etc.

For itineraries I'd like added:

#1: World Cruise on Royal

#2: Cruises that stop in Luxor or Cairo

#3: More ports of call added to Baltic Cruises (stops in Germany and Poland)

Luxor / Cairo would be awesome.  They want tourism back in a major way.  Not sure how safe it is these days but it would be a great stop on a cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lakelorain said:

Bayonne to Canada and Greenland.   

More small ports.

More longer cruises out of all ports.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

While ever ships get bigger and bigger any yet bigger still, small ports will be a rarity.

The larger ships are limited in their itineraries due to their size. That's why we also enjoy the smaller ships that offer a better variety of ports. With a more intensive port itinerary, we don't need all the "bells and whistles". 

• Like 2

Most, if not all, of what has been said by the other members are wonderful suggestions, local safety permitting at a given time.

Just for the current immediate reopening, I'd be extremely happy with such a "closed loop" or "cruise to nowhere" on an Oasis class ship from Barcelona, Spain!...

Oh!... Yeah!... That world cruise on a mainstream cruise ship seems like a dream of a lifetime. But the unique mainstream line doing it is MSC on its 95GT Magnifica ship, that perhaps translates to the smaller RCI ships!... Such a Vision or Radiance class ships to do that?... Perhaps that would have some interested cruisers!...

Have a nice day!...

Longer Mediterranean cruises on Voyager class or bigger. We did a 12 night Eastern Med cruise on Mariner in 2011 and it was incredible. We had an overnight in Istanbul. Obviously only possible when the area is politically stable but  would love to like to see more like this.
Also when they have Oasis class in Europe do more with them than the standard  7 night route to the same ports. Mix it up a bit so a b2b would be attractive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watson50 said:

I agree with choice #1. We loved doing the Explorer 14nt. even though it wasn't at holiday time. But, the cruise we would really like to sea, pun intended, is Bayonne to the ABC islands and more  Southern Caribbean 12nt choices. Anthem or Oasis would be an added pleasure.

This Nov 5th (if it happens) Adventure is going from Bayonne to Galveston on an 11 night and hits A&C but misses B.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

More British Isles.

Ireland, Scotland, Iceland & Greenland.

Longer Baltic with more ports.

More cruises that include Malta.

Longer southern Caribbean itineraries from San Juan.

Longer Alaska cruises more ports.

Some Tahiti cruises from West Coast.

And of course some longer more often cruises from Los Angeles to somewhere other than Pacific coastal.

Of course

• Like 1
  • Haha 1