FAT Brands (FAT) acquires Johnny Rockets

firefly333

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

JR for breakfast on the Boardwalk is pure awesomeness.  Get the hash browns with everything. And ad a fried egg on top.👍

I agree, AND it is healthy if you work for a living. If you are a couch potato or a desk jockey, then you need to eat snowflake chow. Unfortunately, I am not active enough anymore to eat a farmers breakfast except on rare occasion. Heavy Sigh.

5 minutes ago, Showme72 said:

I agree, AND it is healthy if you work for a living. If you are a couch potato or a desk jockey, then you need to eat snowflake chow. Unfortunately, I am not active enough anymore to eat a farmers breakfast except on rare occasion. Heavy Sigh.

That's why I scale it back. 😉

My favorite breakfast is in CK on Oasis. Farro with poached egg 😇

I only do JR once or twice a cruise

MIZZOU grad, class of 84

IMG_20151024_125221.jpg.0546f820a71786139b953f6d52d8d109.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

On 9/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, Joseph2017China said:

I think White Castle would be a better choice

Every White Castle burger I ever had seems to have more greasy onions than burger.  More of an Onion sandwich with a burger topping.

As for JR itself, meh! I wouldn't miss it. Honestly, all those fast causal burger joints - In&Out, What-a-burger, Smashburger, 5 Guys, etc - are interchangeable to me.

If they replaced it with Shake Shack or Five Guys...I'd definitely pay the upcharge. I would rather have good tasting food then dancing waiters.

With the addition of playmakers bar and grill on RCL ships, I wonder how long Johnny Rockets will last since Playmakers serves similar menu items.

Edited by Wannacruise81
  • Like 2

Johnny Rockets on land is an overpriced and overrated 50's theme restaurante. The food is subpar even for a burger. At one time they made a good egg salad sandwich but even that's gone down hill.  I'm just amazed how people are willing to pay for a hamburger on a cruise ship when their are so many choices that are included.

Edited by Iamcruzin

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Johnny Rockets on land is an overpriced and overrated 50's theme restaurante. The food is subpar even for a burger. At one time they made a good egg salad sandwich but even that's gone down hill.  I'm just amazed how people are willing to pay for a hamburger on a cruise ship when their are so many choices that are included.

Yes, I agree about JRs.  Had to laugh hysterically when they made it ala carte on a few ships.  Why?

4 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, I agree about JRs.  Had to laugh hysterically when they made it ala carte on a few ships.  Why?

It was empty on Anthem out of Cape Liberty. The Royal Caribbean burgers were awful in the buffet and on Labadee but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for one when there are so many other choices. I can get a good burger at home any day of the week. We went to the dog house when we felt like eating that type of food.

21 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It was empty on Anthem out of Cape Liberty. The Royal Caribbean burgers were awful in the buffet and on Labadee but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for one when there are so many other choices. I can get a good burger at home any day of the week. We went to the dog house when we felt like eating that type of food.

Yes, the Dog House... totally agree, except for the microwaved buns.

27 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Sometimes you want a good burger with hot fries. JR's was our go to place to eat on Allure TA

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, loman said:

Went to Johnny Rockets once many years ago . I dont typically eat burgers on a cruise.

Breakfast was ok , i think i have been there twice.

Dont think i would miss it at all .

I have read on these boards that Guys burgers on that other cruise line is better and free

all day long. Never been on Carnival  , so just going on what i read.

Five Guys > Johnny Rockets.  Hands down... w/o a question. 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:28 PM, Showme72 said:

Who knows? Would people be offended if the venue became a SONIC in the future?

Is Sonic even still around? I haven't been to one since high school. From what I remember I always liked them. I wouldn't mind them on a ship. Someone mentioned What-A-Burger. Growing up we always went there. Great burgers at least back then.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is Sonic even still around? I haven't been to one since high school. From what I remember I always liked them. I wouldn't mind them on a ship. Someone mentioned What-A-Burger. Growing up we always went there. Great burgers at least back then.

We have a Sonic in Bloomington (MN). I've never been. 

I worked at a JR in my college days and can't get it around here anymore so I might consider grabbing some on a ship for nostalgia's sake.

Typically, I'm not one to pay for specialty dining though. There's too much good food available that I've already paid for 🤷‍♀️.

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sonic (Oklahoma based) still going strong. They have quite an extensive menu for fast food. In the past few years, they've added drive thru lanes but you can still get car hop service as well. 

Whataburger (Texas based) is still the #1 burger in Texas and surrounding states. They recently sold 49% of their interest to a Chicago group. The founder's kids are retiring and the younger family has no interest in managing thousands of burger houses across the country. So they sold out but kept the majority interest. It's expected the franchise will go nationwide now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yes I totally agree the burgers in WJ are awful.  Jrs was empty on a regular basis everytime we have been on anthem.   It is nice to eat breakfast on boardwalk on allure.   We like the breakfast for a change of venues at least once per cruise.  I also like Jrs for a shake and fries treat at least once per cruise. Same goes for the dog house.  I'm picky about my hot dog brands but they have good options.

• Like 1