White House Cruise Meeting ?

Ashland

I can't imagine the cruise executives would go to the WH now. They don't know yet how many are infected. VP positive? Chiefs of Staff positive? Mitch McConnell? Coney Barrett just met with Mark Meadows, McConnell & VP. This could have wide spread ramifications.

Edited by flyguyjake

All depends on his symptoms. If he has bad symptoms and is hospitalized there will probably be some serious shutdowns including the CDC DIrector getting his way in extending the no sail order.  If he has mild symptoms resembling a cold (or asymptomatic)  than you can be sure that everything will be opened and fast. 

• Like 1

You know that he is not the first head of state to have gotten it?  Nothing changes.......nothing.   He will hang out for 10 more days at home, have press releases, participate in government activities when needed, continue with daily briefings.  This will have no effect on cruises.   

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You know that he is not the first head of state to have gotten it?  Nothing changes.......nothing.   He will hang out for 10 more days at home, have press releases, participate in government activities when needed, continue with daily briefings.  This will have no effect on cruises.   

yes - hopefully  it will be business as usual but I can't imagine that the White House is allowing many extra meetings or visitors  today. I can see the meeting being postponed a few days, or as others had mentioned, held virtual.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I think the President will do business as usual but virtual meetings. Maybe they will set up the Cruise Giants all virtual.

Right now they say the President and the 1st lady have very minor symptoms if any.

I expect him to be very busy virtually during his quarantine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

You are 100% spot on correct. This announcement means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

4 minutes ago, Tudy said:

As of the last report that I heard, he still has no symptoms.  This presents 3 scenarios:

• This is a false positive
  • He has a viral load, but not yet infected. He will be given all those treatments that he has promoted and others have been naysaying. He will sail (word choice intentional) through this and be even more convinced that we really must open up the country.
  • He will get very sick and/or die. That would be glorious for the Trump Haters.

I don't really think it will effect the return of cruising.

What's the source of the last report you heard please? 

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I suspect the planned meeting will be canceled.  

m

Meeting was with pence right? I doubt its cancelled.

That being said this isn't good for travelling if he caught it flying. I see it as a negative to cruises resuming

Doctor on news said new strain easier to catch, less severe. Still if its spread more easier even if less severe, I dont see it as a positive for people to want to travel. I know my first reaction was to head to my vitamins and take them. People will worry.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tudy said:

As of the last report that I heard, he still has no symptoms.  This presents 3 scenarios:

• This is a false positive
  • He has a viral load, but not yet infected. He will be given all those treatments that he has promoted and others have been naysaying. He will sail (word choice intentional) through this and be even more convinced that we really must open up the country.
  • He will get very sick and/or die. That would be glorious for the Trump Haters.

I don't really think it will effect the return of cruising.

CNN is reporting that he has mild symptoms.

• Like 3

I think we should wait rather than report conflicting reports of symptoms rooted in politics. Wait for facts.

I've been listening since it hit last night. Another reaction I had was his airplane was fitted with same new air filters they are adding to cruise ships. I cant be only one with a niggling worry over the news he might have caught it on air force one. No way to make cruising absolutely safe. Washing my hands wouldnt help if air is infected. I'm glad I got a balcony, still want to cruise. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

CNN is reporting that he has mild symptoms.

And Larry kudlow says he sounds good on the phone. He had no symptoms but was tested because someone else tested positive. He was reported asymptomatic.

We wouldnt know unless he gives a live conference and we see him with our own eyes.,  At least I want to see him with my own eyes, not hear rumors. I'm hoping to see him live tbh.

Since last night I heard 2 doctors say they wouldnt recommend that drug remdisavear.. cant spell it, since he has no symptoms and the drug could have side effects. ... we dont know.

Edited by firefly333

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think we should wait rather than report conflicting reports of symptoms rooted in politics. Wait for facts.

You are the wind beneath our wings just for saying THIS.....thank you. 

• Thanks 1