Who will get to cruise?

Laurie JJ

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I am right there behind you Dave.  Hey pass me a wine while we are waiting, will you?  😉  🍷

I've already saved you and Bucky a spot right behind us. My pleasure, Savon Blanc of course. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I've already saved you and Bucky a spot right behind us. My pleasure, Savon Blanc of course. 

Nope,not a wine drinker but I will take a good Mojito, Martini or Lemon Drop.

Cheers 🍸🍹

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

No....the problem won't be kicking booked pax off the booking....but actually even trying to get enough pax to cruise on those first sailings.  IMHO....  From what I am seeing on the roll call threads...way more pax cancelling than staying with it.  

This is the line up waiting to board...what few there are of us anyway.  Well...not such a great line...but trying.  😉 

400 pregnant guinea pigs moved to SoCal from Humboldt County hoarding  situation - ABC7 San Francisco

We will be in this line with you. From your signature I see that we have a cruise in common.

17 hours ago, Laurie JJ said:

When cruising resumes it is likely that ships will not be sailing at full capacity.  I am very curious about the cruises that are already booked at a higher capacity than whatever limits RC decides on.  Any ideas or hints on how they will decide who sails and who gets bumped?  We have a family cruise booked for July 2021 and I am wondering if there is anything we can do to increase our chances of actually getting to sail.  Do you think they will give preference to those who booked earliest? To those who have paid in full earliest?  I'm concerned that they won't be able to accommodate everyone who has booked for next year.  

No one knows what is going to happen yet, too early to tell.  Quantum, which will be sailing from Singapore, is sailing with all guests in balconies or higher.

9 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We will be in this line with you. From your signature I see that we have a cruise in common.

Which one?  Or should I say...which one are we waiting to have cancelled out from under us?  😮  Gosh would sure love to cruise again...someday...somewhere...     Hope to "sea" you on board!

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, crazyank said:

Nope,  only if the cruise lines want to face massive lawsuits over discrimination.

13 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

In the U.S. that's called age discrimination.

A private entity can place age restrictions at their discretion. This is NOT age discrimination in any sense of the word. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Laurie JJ said:

I am very curious about the cruises that are already booked at a higher capacity than whatever limits RC decides on

Lottery? 

Draw straws? 

Rock, paper,  scissors? 

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

Which one?  Or should I say...which one are we waiting to have cancelled out from under us?  😮  Gosh would sure love to cruise again...someday...somewhere...     Hope to "sea" you on board!

Harmony. Dec 2021.  I'm going to say "sea" you on board because I can't even think about it being cancelled.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, masteradept said:

I'm not sure if it will be a factor in the US, but for the Singapore sailings, inside and outside view rooms are apparently not allowed (all cabins should have a balcony), so if that were the case, maybe the inside and oceanview rooms will be the first to go? Just speculating here.

Following this line of thinking for myself, I have only booked balconies.  I'm thinking that regardless of what I paid,  I might be in an allowable cabin type, therefore, less susceptible to being bumped. Acknowledging this is total speculation on my part.

(Also, in the event of a ship wide quarantine, I will have access to fresh air.)

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

I would like to agree with you but there will be people in the higher risk group that will book cruises. Because they believe they have a right to take a cruise, whenever they like, even if it's not safe for them to cruise. 

They always have done it, haven't they?  I've been on 15 cruises and only 3 or 4 of those did NOT have a medical evac either by way of return to last port or airlift.  Almost always elderly with likely pre-existing conditions. Cardiac events and strokes, if the rumors were to be believed.  Only one was an onboard accident victim.  

With all the posts saying "I won't even consider cruising if I have to wear a mask/can't go ashore on my own/can't have a buffet/have to wait for an empty elevator/no prison ship for me/etc.", does anyone really think that there will be an issue of having too many people booked??

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Harmony. Dec 2021.  I'm going to say "sea" you on board because I can't even think about it being cancelled.

Gosh yes...I hope so!!  😮  

I am patiently waiting for them to cancel my 12/6/2020 cruise, which was to be 2nd leg of B2B with 11/29 (that they already cancelled and I just go my refund this morning).   Hope they don't go yet another year, same ship, same time!!  😞 

Yes hope we are cruising together...keeping good thoughts for the future of cruising to begin again!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

With all the posts saying "I won't even consider cruising if I have to wear a mask/can't go ashore on my own/can't have a buffet/have to wait for an empty elevator/no prison ship for me/etc.", does anyone really think that there will be an issue of having too many people booked??

My point exactly.   Add to that having to obtain recent negative Covid test...going to be tough to get pax on board at all for the first few months of cruising.  See my post #25.