CC Screen names, how and why did you choose them?

Renmar

Been known as Gut most of my life. My brother got gut for some unknown reason, me on the other hand I have a big gut

his mates called me little gut, then when I started high school one guy knew my brother and asked are you guy’s brother, for a while he called my gut’s brother, the brother got lost, the playing Rugby my team mates thought it was guts, as for how I played the game, with a ton of guts.

20 years after finishing school, there was a reunion coming up and I knew the mum of one fellow no one could find, so got his phone number, rang, his wife answered I told her who it was (my real name) she called out telling him who was on the phone, in the back ground I heard “I don’t know a .... holy ***** it’s gut”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renmar said:

This maybe/probably has been asked before but somebody posted on an other tread explaining how they got their CC name.

So, here it goes; How did other Princess passengers choose their CC name?

My CC name is made up of the first names of our sons---RENe & MARk. Very simple but some may be way more interesting😉 complicated🤔 or sinister😈.

Maybe I should have posted this somewhere else on CC but the moderators will take care of that if needed.

Theo

You got this idea and even said as much on a thread when I asked Kittyonions how she got her CC name. But still a great idea.

Mine is for my afghan hound Rabintinathia. My mom used to tell me by the time I called her she would be gone. So I gave her a nickname Rabin. I had another one named Dulcinea (does anyone know what that is from)?

Also YES YES YES on the Steelers. I am from Pgh originally and once you have the black and gold in your blood it is their forever. We finally had 2 minutes of Tua time today. After the game still in his uniform he went to the 15 yd line and sat in the middle of the field and called his parents. What a good kid.....................

Kathy

• Like 1

I didn’t know how to be creative so I used the first part of my email address. I thought about changing it but thought people might not know who I am anymore. 

Anyone ever charged there name on Cruise Critic?

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

You got this idea and even said as much on a thread when I asked Kittyonions how she got her CC name. But still a great idea.

Mine is for my afghan hound Rabintinathia. My mom used to tell me by the time I called her she would be gone. So I gave her a nickname Rabin. I had another one named Dulcinea (does anyone know what that is from)?

Also YES YES YES on the Steelers. I am from Pgh originally and once you have the black and gold in your blood it is their forever. We finally had 2 minutes of Tua time today. After the game still in his uniform he went to the 15 yd line and sat in the middle of the field and called his parents. What a good kid.....................

Kathy

Credit where credit is due, yes it was your post that gave me the idea.

Theo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Had a '65 but it was really a 64 1/2. The one with no backup lights. Sold it for $500. Yeah, I know...

My first car was a 64 1/2 as well. Traded it plus 1k for a 69 Torrino GT convertible, way back in the day. Now my 'toy' is a 70 Challenger R/T convertible and my daily is a 16 Mustang GT convertible. Love them both.

CC name is from when I ran a BBS back in the day and my handle was beachbum. That was taken so I went with Bbum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Anyone ever charged there name on Cruise Critic?

Tom

No never really thought about...

one little thing which i wish people would do.....

is at least put what country there  from....... 

It makes it easier to answer questions and make it relevant to them...

Don       ( real name Don )

In 1999 when we started cruising, all cruises out of San Francisco were a minimum of 10 days, 15 to Hawaii.  We would do one cruise a year, a typical 2 week vacation time. (Here in the U.S., I know other countries have much more vacation time, a discussion for another day).  When I retired my wife said, "all I ask is two cruises a year".  So now we do a 15 day Christmas/New Year cruise to Hawaii from the west coast, and a 2 to 3 segment Repositioning, Trans-Ocean or World Cruise segments.  We find a cruise where we can fly away to somewhere in the world, and cruise back the the U.S.  Why ruin a nice long cruise with a long flight home?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Renmar said:

This maybe/probably has been asked before but somebody posted on an other tread explaining how they got their CC name.

9 hours ago, rabin1 said:

There is also a similar thread in the "Floataway Lounge"about screen name origins.

As for ours, when joining CruiseCritic in 2004, (after multiple cruises staring in 2002,) I looked at our cruise history and realized that the CC name was a "No Brainer".

• Like 1

At the time I signed up for CC I was a Staff Sergeant in the US Army (I'm now a retired Master Sergeant) so that's where the "Sarge" part of my name comes from and the "Baby" part is a play on the Spice Girls name with my sisters (known as Sporty and Posh) and the fact that I am the baby of the family.

Anne

• Like 2

I had different CC name LONG TIME ago.  We had been cruising since 1989.

For the life of me, could Not remember the name, was mostly a lurker.😄

So when I reenlisted, 6 years ago, and being involved with a couple Las Vegas sites.....

I went with a very similar name from my Vegas sites.

But Calif Luvs cruising too!  So went with that. 

Misspelled it when I posted, but went with it anyway. 🤪

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bbum said:

My first car was a 64 1/2 as well. Traded it plus 1k for a 69 Torrino GT convertible, way back in the day. Now my 'toy' is a 70 Challenger R/T convertible and my daily is a 16 Mustang GT convertible. Love them both.

CC name is from when I ran a BBS back in the day and my handle was beachbum. That was taken so I went with Bbum.

What type of BBS did you have?  Most here where I live were WWIV boards.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

What type of BBS did you have?  Most here where I live were WWIV boards.

Honestly it was so long ago I can't remember what software I ran, but it was likely written in basic. I ran it for a computer society. Message board, file access, and info on upcoming meetings, etc.

6 hours ago, pompeii said:

Pompeii was the name we gave our beloved little pomeranian who came to us as a stray.  But everyone called him Pomp or Pompy.  

Curious as to whether you've ever been to Pompeii.

As to this thread's topic:  I wasn't very inventive--I'm Barb who lives in Michigan 😉

Edited by BarbinMich