Projected restart dates

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

That was my point, neither will the crew most likely. I think some research suggests a single layer cloth mask (like a neck gaiter) is "not good enough" so some businesses want folks to use a double layer one. On my flight a couple of weeks ago on SW, they announced that neck gaiters along with bandana type covers are not allowed and they'll furnish "approved" ones - RCI could do something similar (they may say something at embarkation where those folks may know what to look for) - they need to use that Seaface trademark for something out of all of this.

Rcl and some other includes 3 masks with your embarkation envelope when you check in.

That video I posted above says to allow a hour and a half to check in including testing and  temperature checks. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl and some other includes 3 masks with your embarkation envelope when you check in.

That video I posted above says to allow a hour and a half to check in including testing and  temperature checks. 

We don't have any confirmation of the details for departures from NA ports.

Edited by Biker19

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Anything you see is based off Singapore restart.  May be differences for a North America. 

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

John wondered out loud if they would bother sending jewel all the way to Galveston. Was only for about 4 months, now they cut off some from front and back end of the 4 months. 

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

She has no itineraries beyond March.  If by chance she does remain in the fleet I’d expect her to be one of the last ships to set sail. 

8 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

hmmm.. interesting. i just looked up the prices for the sailings on Jewel out of galveston. they're pretty expensive. it follows the OP theory of trying to deter bookings on sailings they don't anticipate to happen. i cant wait to look back at this thread in a few months to see how it pans out.

I thought RCI had already decided Jewel would not be in Galveston this year due to the new pier not being built. We were scheduled to be on Jewel Feb 28th but we got moved over to Liberty since Jewel won't be there.

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I thought RCI had already decided Jewel would not be in Galveston this year due to the new pier not being built. We were scheduled to be on Jewel Feb 28th but we got moved over to Liberty since Jewel won't be there.

Not sure why you included my post, I was referring to a question about Grandeur. 

also it was only a couple sailings cancelled to allow for drydock.  They didn’t cancel the season for Jewel. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Rcl cancelled feb 12, and then thereafter changed people to liberty.

The cruises on jewel thru feb 7th are still listed as a go. 

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In looking at the pricing for many ships for the first quarter it appears as if most ships have seen significant (doubled) price increases.  They drop back to normal pricing levels between February and May.  

It is my belief that Royal has raised the prices on theses ships knowing that they will not sail and are trying to steer bookings towards ships that they plan on sailing in keeping with their already released statements that it will be a slow restart.

Here are the few remaining ships with what I consider normal pricing. First the two obvious...Mariner and Navigator doing the short itineraries to start things off.  Allure, Harmony and Symphony starting mid to late January With 7 day itineraries.  Indy follows with lower pricing towards the end of February.  The rest of the ships don’t see normal pricing until into March and April.

Oasis, the ship that started this little research project doesn’t return to normal pricing until April.

I see our Feb Oasis sailing has tripled in price from what we have paid.  I was hoping the increase is due to the fact the ship is almost at 50% capacity? ....Well if they do end up cancelling the Oasis sailings but not the sister ships sailings, I hope they let us switch to the ship that is sailing. 

2 minutes ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

I see our Feb Oasis sailing has tripled in price from what we have paid.  I was hoping the increase is due to the fact the ship is almost at 50% capacity? ....Well if they do end up cancelling the Oasis sailings but not the sister ships sailings, I hope they let us switch to the ship that is sailing. 

My Jan sailing on Oasis has also tripled. I caught multiple price drops and have a great price on an OV balcony and it would be great to experience Oasis at less than 100% capacity. However, there are just too many unknowns at this point so I'm cancelling.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

It could very well be a possibility that they had a higher % sold on Oasis and bumped up the prices for that reason.  My guess is that whatever they do they will try to accommodate as many people as possible with move over offers to at least keep the shops that do start sailing first at the maximum capacity....whatever that is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In looking at the pricing for many ships for the first quarter it appears as if most ships have seen significant (doubled) price increases.  They drop back to normal pricing levels between February and May.  

We are booked on OTS for March 27. 4 weeks ago we repriced our Boardwalk Balcony (1I) at $531pp. I checked this morning and it is over $1,600pp now. That is 3x. I have a feeling they will be sailing but the limited capacity numbers is what they are going to have to manage. It is also my opinion that involuntary boots to maintain capacity will be to the lowest paying fares which means we would be booted most likely. 

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

CATS surcharge😉😹😹

Great idea for a poll

Who would sit through all of CATS as a condition to cruise again🤣🤣

Since it would be capacity controlled at least it won't be many. They can sentence those who refuse to wear a mask while sitting by the pool to attend the show.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not only will things in real life may not be quite as the rules imply, they could change between sailings. While mask use may be enforced, the chances of a crew member knowing or even saying something about the mask not being "compliant" are pretty low.

Biker, who looks forward to reporting about all the "rule breakers"  or "lack of enforcement" once sailings resume.

This is the reason I stick around. I have nothing booked but I'm waiting to read about what really happens on board.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

A 2 layer mask is required for quantum so I'll have to buy a better one.  

I was wondering, if they are going to require a specific type of mask, wouldn't it be easier to give passengers one at embarkation?  Seems like there would be a lot of debate about the mask with which someone shows up.

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who looks forward to reporting about all the "rule breakers"  or "lack of enforcement" once sailings resume.

If they restart soon, I can see the week after it opens being 2 thread topics only "I didn't wear a mask and I'm fine" and the contra "There were so many people not wearing their masks, I was terrified".  

I also look forward to perhaps the quickest appearance of the "Dead Horse" meme in my memory.  Could it appear in less than a day?

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

They show giving out 3 masks at embarkation for the rcl Singapore cruise, but I'll bet they have extras. People will get them wet and 3 isnt enough for a whole cruise. 

Three is certainly not enough in the Caribbean. Imagine sweating into a mask and then having to reuse it. Gross.

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

CATS surcharge😉😹😹

Great idea for a poll

Who would sit through all of CATS as a condition to cruise again🤣🤣

I’d sooner eat a slice of raisin pie. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I noticed middle of august that my anthem 12 night cruise had doubled in price then in september it had tripled.  Haven't checked it in a couple of weeks but definitely saw increases in all of our 2021 bookings.  

I suspected they were trying to stop l&s knowing those sailings wouldnt happen.

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The video said shields are allowed but not in place of masks. I guess I'm not sure what a 2 part mask looks like. The ones we see sold in stores here just look like paper one part to me. 

I might have to order from Amazon or something before my cruise.. I got a cute cotton one with a butterfly someone made me you can wash. 

Royal Caribbean says a two layer fabric mask, not a two part mask.  It also says the paper surgical ones are fine too.  Plastic shields in combination with a face mask is fine too.  Go to the source for the correct information, not the unofficial blogs.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/royal-promise#maskrequirements

Permitted types
health-safety-mask-icon-lady-1.pngFabric face masks, minimum two layers with ear loops
health-safety-mask-icon-lady-2.pngDisposable surgical masks
health-safety-mask-shield-icon-lady-3.pngPlastic face shield, only with a face mask

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It could very well be a possibility that they had a higher % sold on Oasis and bumped up the prices for that reason.  My guess is that whatever they do they will try to accommodate as many people as possible with move over offers to at least keep the shops that do start sailing first at the maximum capacity....whatever that is.

Your theory about Oasis starting up later than Harmony and Symphony sounds plausible, but I hope not since we have Oasis booked for March.  I do not know how the occupancy on the Oasis is compared to the Harmony and Symphony on sailings booked the same week, but I know the reason we booked Oasis over Symphony (sorry John, it was not because Oasis has CATS) was that the price on the AMPlified Oasis was about $350 cheaper per person than on the Symphony sailing the same itinerary sailing one day earlier.  I wonder if more people did the same and occupancy on the Oasis is higher than the similar ships that were charging more previously.

I'd still need to see them in person. I bought some online and they are foam lol. Dont trust online unless it says n95. The ones I bought looked great in the description and look good on, fit tighter so eye sight not blocked but I never heard of foam before. Buying some more. A picture isnt enough next time i want a rating.