Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes as long as it was done prior to Dec 31 of this year it would qualify is how I read it 

Just another reason that when I start booking trips again, I need to work with someone other than who I am currently booked with. 😉

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

All this talk about blocks has made realize these double points are getting me another one sooner. I'm glad I get something out of it has I'm highly unlikely to get to Pinnacle on points..... EVER.

They make great paper weights.   And discovered that blocks work as a magnifier too.....   

NJ 

• Haha 1

I read this whole thread at once, so I apologize for the brain dump of comments.  At least I fought off the temptation to quote. 

When they got serious about only selling partial capacity, the fare increase was a necessity.

Funny that caved and gave the double points to people who were already booked.  Was it the backlash or fear that people would tie them up by cancelling and rebooking 

Does anyone know what happens to the double points if the cruise gets cancelled and you have to rebook?  Did I miss it?

I get my blocks like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-CARIBBEAN-CRUISE-CRYSTAL-BLOCK-3-D-ETCHED-PAPERWEIGHT-OF-FREEDOM-SHIP-/372688830663

Not as much fun, but a very cheap wat to collect em all.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

All this talk about blocks has made realize these double points are getting me another one sooner. I'm glad I get something out of it has I'm highly unlikely to get to Pinnacle on points..... EVER.

Said the person who thinks they will sail in 2021, just like we have been doing for the last 7 months of 2020....

jc

• Haha 2

It is an amazement to me how they can announce double points and some act like they are offended. My favorite ones are the posts that say...."they shouldnt count for existing bookings......they shouldnt count for anything below suites...it will add to lounge over crowding...."

My thought was ...wow! Great news!...After all, we have 15 cruises booked for next year although we doubt many will sail. Who knows when Europe will open? Annie and I just roll with it.We get all our points one day at a time....the old fashioned way. Had we done all our sailing on RCCL we would be Pinnacle by now, but we didnt. We have no complaints.

Doug

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There are other benefits to enjoy , not just a lounge for a couple hours in the evenings.  

It is a generous promotion, and especially for those who had 2020 sailings canceled and are sailing in 2021. (As long as it is for existing bookings also). It will be a boost to all levels, especially if the criteria to reach each level remains the same.   It will be nice that so many people may have the benefits of crown and anchor society higher tiers. 

m

I hope this is true for already existing  cruises for 2021, I have an Owners Suite, so how many points would that be? For 8 nights, not to familiar with the points. I'm only Emerald at 59 pts at present.

52 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Does anyone know what happens to the double points if the cruise gets cancelled and you have to rebook? 

Points are not awarded until after it sails.  

Probably like most promos of you gave to rebook you rebook under current promos.  This one expires Dec 30, 2020

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bourbon52 said:

I hope this is true for already existing  cruises for 2021, I have an Owners Suite, so how many points would that be? For 8 nights, not to familiar with the points. I'm only Emerald at 59 pts at present.

There have been 2 answers by Royal.  Either 3 or 4 depending on whether they are awarding double points on the base points or the total points as in a suite you get 1 base point plus one extra point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bourbon52 said:

You get double points for the suite plus 1 extra point per nt under the promo.  So for 8 nts you get 24 pts.

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Ken 

If I called my agent and upgrade to a suite do you think I would get 4 points a night.

The Australian site says bookings made before 20 October.

It is for bookings made between Oct 19 and Dec 30 as well as existing bookings prior to Oct 19.

yes I think you would get either 3 or 4 points...(See my response previous to this) 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has given out both answers...24 or 32.

Oh well.  Enough to drive us all a little crazy.  As I don't have any suites booked so I'll just have to settle for double points for my 4 booked cruises.