Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

My cruise planner @ Royal just emailed me this:

"I had reached out to my service team in regards to your earlier request and they didn’t have any information on the Double Points promotion. However, I just received information from my supervisor. You are correct. You will receive double the amount of points that you normally would.  For your  Villa Suite, you will get 4 points per night. The points will be added to your account after the sailing is complete, and we do not need to put in a request to receive these points. It will be automatic. I apologize for my earlier email with incorrect information."

So it appears that the Double Points promotional information is just now circulating within the company's ranks.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m just hoping that if the border is closed Royal cancels the cruises for Canadians allowing a full refund as opposed to FCC.

This is why we moved our Dec this year to a Nov next year. Regardless of cruise "Covid modifications" the overwhelming sense of unease was not believing in RCL to make allowances for this.

As it stands right now we should be eligible for double points. I expect that to change several times between now and next November, the points to be messed up when applied after next November and several phone calls to rectify the situation.

Those two paragraphs combined should probably get attention somewhere at RCL...... but it's nothing new. 

That said, we enjoy the travel product enough to play the RCL roulette wheel of decisions.

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We did a L&S back in May that moved our cruise that was supposed to be last week to November of 2021. I contacted my TA about it and she spoke to Royal. They said the only way to get the double points is to reprice my cruise and rebook. The new price is $657 more. No way I'm going to do that just to get the extra points. Is this the understanding everyone else has of this promotion?

I'd call back and point them in the direction of their own published terms and conditions.

We expect to get double points on our Dec 2020 that was a L&S to Nov 2021.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I'd call back and point them in the direction of their own published terms and conditions.

We expect to get double points on our Dec 2020 that was a L&S to Nov 2021.

I wonder if even the Royal CSR's don't have a clue to what's going on.

6 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

This is why we moved our Dec this year to a Nov next year. Regardless of cruise "Covid modifications" the overwhelming sense of unease was not believing in RCL to make allowances for this.

As it stands right now we should be eligible for double points. I expect that to change several times between now and next November, the points to be messed up when applied after next November and several phone calls to rectify the situation.

Those two paragraphs combined should probably get attention somewhere at RCL...... but it's nothing new. 

That said, we enjoy the travel product enough to play the RCL roulette wheel of decisions.

I’m just waiting for Royal  to Cancel December.  Had one we couldn’t do anything with and can’t use the FCC.  Not feeling excited about a March either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

My cruise planner @ Royal just emailed me this:

"I had reached out to my service team in regards to your earlier request and they didn’t have any information on the Double Points promotion. However, I just received information from my supervisor. You are correct. You will receive double the amount of points that you normally would.  For your  Villa Suite, you will get 4 points per night. The points will be added to your account after the sailing is complete, and we do not need to put in a request to receive these points. It will be automatic. I apologize for my earlier email with incorrect information."

So it appears that the Double Points promotional information is just now circulating within the company's ranks.

Don’t be surprised if you were also given the wrong information.  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m just waiting for Royal  to Cancel December.  Had one we couldn’t do anything with and can’t use the FCC.  Not feeling excited about a March either.

We had kicked around the idea of doing the L&S to November next year and then adding a second winter sailing with some of the deals that were previously available. Had RCL been a little more......... organized...... and confidence inspiring with their policies we likely would have booked. 

Seeing as neither provincial nor federal levels seem inclined to even think about cross border traffic right now makes me think we made a good decision to hold off.

11 minutes ago, rockmom said:

It's 'Facebook Official' hahaha.  Looks like terms & conditions are updated on the site as well.  

That is really just outlining the program.  Based on that there are no restrictions and it doesn’t clarify how points are awarded.  Is it double on the base points only or double on the total earned

39783F69-5C0C-4A50-9DBA-56C59BD6CD2A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Nah - I want ours from the ship we are actually on when we reach the milestone.  It WAS  working out perfectly to have one from each class by the end of 2021 with no manipulating  ... even after seven cruises were corona’d. 

I have never purchased a block, but I have been able to trade my extra blocks for blocks that I needed.  I now have a block for every RCI ship (that has blocks) that I have sailed on in the past 31 years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ken, I have read all 11 pages, and I know that nobody knows anything for sure, but...

Do you believe a L&S cruise from 2020 to 2021 is likely to qualify if it applies to all bookings?

jc

Yes as long as it was done prior to Dec 31 of this year it would qualify is how I read it 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We did a L&S back in May that moved our cruise that was supposed to be last week to November of 2021. I contacted my TA about it and she spoke to Royal. They said the only way to get the double points is to reprice my cruise and rebook. The new price is $657 more. No way I'm going to do that just to get the extra points. Is this the understanding everyone else has of this promotion?

No, it's been asked and answered many times that the understanding is it applies to any cruise booked before dec 30, 2020 except for groups etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ken, I have read all 11 pages, and I know that nobody knows anything for sure, but...

Do you believe a L&S cruise from 2020 to 2021 is likely to qualify if it applies to all bookings?

jc

"Existing booking made prior to Oct 19, 2020."

Was it booked prior to that date? Yes.

Does it still exist? Yes.

I'm expecting double points.

(sorry, I know I'm not Ken, just throwing it out there, but I'd trust whatever he says....)

Edited by NateUpNorth

4 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I have never purchased a block, but I have been able to trade my extra blocks for blocks that I needed.  I now have a block for every RCI ship (that has blocks) that I have sailed on in the past 31 years.

What are these blocks ... only for pinnacle?

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

It's applicable to existing bookings. You didn't have to rebook

Ty

Also I have not   read all 11 pages.I scimmed. 😳 So if this was addressed already I’ll just admit I did not see it. 

So if two people are in a CLS. Do they get 3 or 4 C & A points per night on a 7 day cruise. 

Double points would be 4. Because you normally get 2. 

Ty 

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What are these blocks ... only for pinnacle?

They start at 140 points and every 70 thereafter.  

6xk3lNz.jpg

As you climb up the ladder you accumulate more blocks.  Many find ways to manipulate bookings so that they cross the 70 point threshold (140, 210, 280, 340, etc) on specific ships as means to collect blocks in a manner that is important to them.

At one point I wanted a block from every class of ship in the fleet so I looked for opportunities to book cruises that would accomplish that goal.  That was my "block strategy" but then a hurricane or crane crash would come along and mess up my block strategy.  

Edited by twangster

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So if two people are in a CLS. Do they get 3 or 4 C & A points per night on a 7 day cruise. 

Wait and see.  There have been both confirmed by Royal. 

Normal base points are 1 Plus 1 extra point for the suite.

depends on whether the double refers to base points only or total points. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1