Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

Celebrity shows new bookings only:

Captain's Club Member Offer ("Offer") applies to new individual bookings. Captain's Club Members ("CC Members"), Classic and above, are eligible to receive double Club Points when they book a Veranda stateroom or higher between 10/19/2020 and 12/31/2020. Offer applies to sailings between 1/1/2021 and 5/4/2022. The offer applies to each CC Member in a stateroom. All Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, are eligible to participate in this offer. Preview members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Club Points will be added to CC Member's account within 30 days after conclusion of sailing. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking. One offer per CC Member. Single-occupancy staterooms are not eligible for this Offer. Any changes to cruise booking may result in removal of Offer. If you cancel your booking, Offer will not apply. If you move your booking, Offer will apply if all criteria including booking window, stateroom category and tier are still met with the new sailing. If your sailing is cancelled by Celebrity Cruises, no Club Points will be awarded. Offers and cruise prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. ©2020 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuador.

9 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Celebrity shows new bookings only:

Looks like new, never sailed on X are out of luck.  Must be classic or above.    

Also looks like solo cruisers see no benefit from this promo on X. 

Edited by twangster

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Looks like new, never sailed on X are out of luck.  Must be classic or above.    

Being D+ on RCCL, I sailed Celebrity as "Elite"....but, the double points mean nothing on Celebrity to me. Where I stand it won't make a difference. It will on RCCL. 🙂

1 minute ago, TYMAN said:

Being D+ on RCCL, I sailed Celebrity as "Elite"....but, the double points mean nothing on Celebrity to me. Where I stand it won't make a difference. It will on RCCL. 🙂

Indeed.  I need nearly 600 points on X to reach Elite Plus.  

An Xpedition suite solo would get me halfway there.  This promo, if it applied to solo on X would have made me Elite Plus in one cruise.  Guess they didn't want that.  

Interesting how different the promo is on X vs. RCI.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

An Xpedition suite solo would get me halfway there.  This promo, if it applied to solo on X would have made me Elite Plus in one cruise.  Guess they didn't want that.  

Sounds like my story........but, do we really have a clear understanding of what RCCL is saying about double points? I haven't seen anything in writing yet. 

20 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Make your wildest vacation dreams come true in Alaska, experience Old World charm in Europe, or unwind on sun-soaked Caribbean shores—and earn double Club Points.

Classic members and above will earn double points from now until the end of 2020 when you book a veranda stateroom or higher. That’s in addition to our current offer at the time of your booking.

What are you waiting for?
Offer is valid for sailings from January 1, 2021 – May 4, 2022. Book online with your Captain’s Club member identification number, call us at 1-877-202-4344, or contact your travel advisor before December 31, 2020.

This, from Celebrity....

I remember the first diamonds in december you had to be a certain tier on rcl. I wasnt up to that tier and couldn't get the extra reward. Would be good just once with rcl to get the extra reward. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dswallow said:

What I wish they'd offer is some number of points on the sailings you've fully paid for and then they cancel. At least I'd feel I was making some progress here. 🙂 

I know the feeling. If I could just take my booked cruises I'll be diamond plus. Except for the pinnacles, the rest of us wish we could see some progress up the loyalty ladder.

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

At least Celebrity spells out the T&Cs while we wait to see what they are for RCI. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I learned a long time ago that if I really want a particular block it's way cheaper to buy it on eBay compared to managing and manipulating several multi-thousand dollar cruises just for blocks.  🙂 

Nah - I want ours from the ship we are actually on when we reach the milestone.  It WAS  working out perfectly to have one from each class by the end of 2021 with no manipulating  ... even after seven cruises were corona’d. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then when the whole Covid thing is over they can just cancel the whole C&A program to get rid of the mess they create with double and buying points.😯😄

I was just going to post something like what you just said above... it's like the dilution of stock value.

What's RCG going to do? Serve free alcohol to 2000 C&A members per night all squeezed into a 2000 square foot lounge?

That be great for the other 2000 passengers in the rest of the 230,000 GT ship! Balcony discounts will mean nothing... prices will be adjusted upward so your "discount" will mean diddly squat.

I think Biker already said it in one of the first pages of this thread.... this is possibly a great short term marketing move to create a buzz and maybe bring in more short term cash. However, it also doubles the speed of the inevitable changes to the C&A program I'm afraid.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I remember the first diamonds in december you had to be a certain tier on rcl. I wasnt up to that tier and couldn't get the extra reward. Would be good just once with rcl to get the extra reward. 

You had to be Diamond and above...which is why it was called Diamonds in December

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is this a "true" doubling of points or just one extra point per night? Just wondering if a solo JS would be 4 points or 6 points per night?

If it's the latter, I could book two 8 night cruises (96 points) and jump from Emerald right to Diamond+!!  I'm at 79 points now for the math challenged. 😉  As @twangster said, time to climb the ladder!😁

For a slightly better balcony discount, BP discount, use of a coffee machine and to rightfully complain about not having CL access that I never had to begin with, it might be worth the $7,000! 😲
Edited by HBE4

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can’t find any terms and conditions on either Cruising Power or Loyal to You Always.  Hope this simply means all 2021 sailings and not new bookings only.

Late last night (here on the west coast when most of you were sleeping) is when I saw it.

I searched and couldn't find any details about it at all...just the banner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:
Is this a "true" doubling of points or just one extra point per night? Just wondering if a solo JS would be 4 points or 6 points per night?

If it's the latter, I could book two 8 night cruises (96 points) and jump from Emerald right to Diamond+!!  I'm at 79 points now for the math challenged. 😉

For a slightly better balcony discount, BP discount, use of a coffee machine and to rightfully complain about not having CL access that I never had to begin with, it might be worth the $7,000! 😲

Solo JS would be 4 points per night 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I was just going to post something like what you just said above... it's like the dilution of stock value.

What's RCG going to do? Serve free alcohol to 2000 C&A members per night all squeezed into a 2000 square foot lounge?

That be great for the other 2000 passengers in the rest of the 230,000 GT ship! Balcony discounts will mean nothing... prices will be adjusted upward so your "discount" will mean diddly squat.

I think Biker already said it in one of the first pages of this thread.... this is possibly a great short term marketing move to create a buzz and maybe bring in more short term cash. However, it also doubles the speed of the inevitable changes to the C&A program I'm afraid.

Don't forget we will have to social distance in the DL. I have yet to even use the DL, didnt see tequila and left so haven't ordered yet but promised myself to order something next time. Tried since last feb to book and do a last minute cruise ... my norm. I usually cant stand the waiting and never book in advance until all this fcc stuff. 

And I'm really disappointed in the balcony discount so far. When I only was a mere platinum then they changed tiers and said I was emerald I had dreams of $250 off dancing in my head. Reality was different.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If it's the latter, I could book two 8 night cruises (96 points) and jump from Emerald right to Diamond+!!  I'm at 79 points now for the math challenged. 😉  As @twangster said, time to climb the ladder!😁

Wow $7k? Come to Galveston. I'm sure I can get a JS april 18 for about $2500. April 25th all sold out.

Solo rates in April I bet are cheaper out of florida too ... which port are you seeing 7k? Solo rates seem discounted in april right now. 

Update. 

RCI just called our TA. They inform her we would not lose the balcony discount on our second. October 9 cruise on Symphony. 
The action to get the ‘double points’ was a lateral move at no extra expense for both cruises. 

Nice. 

• Like 1