Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If they really are that hard up for cash then perhaps just purchasing points for money straight up is next?

Then when the whole Covid thing is over they can just cancel the whole C&A program to get rid of the mess they create with double and buying points.😯😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

Report on another site that double points only applies if no CAS discount was used on existing bookings.  Removing CAS discount to be double point eligible will likely cause a price increase.

Stay tuned, it's a developing story.  Need to see actual T&Cs published.

That's the magic question. Please post T&Cs when you see them. It seems this is a work in progress. First it's new bookings only, then it's all bookings. I'm sure there is a caveat in the works to make many not eligible for the promotion. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

Report on another site that double points only applies if no CAS discount was used on existing bookings.  Removing CAS discount to be double point eligible will likely cause a price increase.

Stay tuned, it's a developing story.  Need to see actual T&Cs published.

So all the Diamonds and up with balcony discounts are out of luck?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Just cause someone books now they are getting double points. I don't think it's right. That's just be, maybe I'm wrong.

I can understand your perspective.  It's like when a cell phone or cable company offers a better plan but only for new customers.  What about me?  I've been a loyal customer all this time... sort of thing.

The dust hasn't settled yet so give it a day or two until we know how they plan to implement this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Maybe I’m slow, but don’t most people book with some sorta C&A discount?  I guess a balcony discount doesn’t apply to a OV or inside cabin? 

M8

IF the C&A discount needs to be removed AND that's a big IF right now, then it appears to benefit lower tiers more.  

I imagine many higher tiers have some form of C&A discount in play.  Solo above 340 points will almost always have a C&A discount on a booking unless it's summer or select holidays.  

It's evolving, wait for the dust to settle.  

• Thanks 1

It would have been much simpler for them to grant C&A points for COVID cancelled 2020 cruises but that doesn't induce new bookings or fewer of them. 

Now with it announced in this fashion they faced many cancellations and rebookings, probably an unintended consequence.   

1 minute ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Do double points apply to all cabin categories? 

NJ

So far it appears so, but it's really an extra point per night and not always "double" points.

• Like 2

Just now, twangster said:

It would have been much simpler for them to grant C&A points for COVID cancelled 2020 cruises but that doesn't induce new bookings or fewer of them. 

Now with it announced in this fashion they faced many cancellations and rebookings, probably an unintended consequence.   

So far it appears so, but it's really an extra point per night and not always "double" points.

Yeah most people don't book suites so to them (and me) it's double 😇

• Like 3

Make your wildest vacation dreams come true in Alaska, experience Old World charm in Europe, or unwind on sun-soaked Caribbean shores—and earn double Club Points.

Classic members and above will earn double points from now until the end of 2020 when you book a veranda stateroom or higher. That’s in addition to our current offer at the time of your booking.

What are you waiting for?
Offer is valid for sailings from January 1, 2021 – May 4, 2022. Book online with your Captain’s Club member identification number, call us at 1-877-202-4344, or contact your travel advisor before December 31, 2020.

This, from Celebrity....

Edited by TYMAN