Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

On my Snowbird itinerary on Adventure Oct 2019...the Theater was used for the DL happy hours each night. So there are options that could be used when C&A numbers are high.

Same thing on the Serenade TA in 2018. They used the Safari Lounge. They also served a full breakfast in the morning, not just Continental. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s depending on if the cruise sails in August. If not, we will be D+ end of October. No big deal to us. 

With 2x points, you should rise to Pinnacle shortly after ships sail. Congratulations. 

M8

I have been just two 7 night cruises shy of Pinnie for 8 months now (without the new double points).  😑   Should have turned the level last May.   Guess I would make it in just one cruise now.....that is assuming we can ever get back on a ship again.  😉

16 cruises cancelled now with no end in sight.  Sigh...   😞  

• Like 1

This promo isn't going to convert infrequent cruisers to suddenly becoming frequent cruisers booking multiple cruises every year from now until the end of time.  

If someone was booking multiple cruises every year they were already well on their way up the ladder.  

The infrequent cruiser isn't going to crowd the lounge on the ship they aren't sailing on.  Let them be Diamond if they earn it this way. 

"Jane and Joe only booked a cruise once every two years but since becoming Diamond they now book four cruises every year" - NOT!!!  However if this was the outcome Royal would be very pleased.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My solution, give d+ 5 drinks on their card, and pinnacle.

Make dl into pinnacle lounge. I would like access, but I'm thinking social distancing being required and people were complaining before.

Or better yet, I think there should be a level between d+ and pinnacle. Pinnacle seems so unreachable if you dont always cruise rcl. I vote for sapphire or tanzinite level as a name. Going with gem stone theme.

It could be the sapphire lounge instead of diamond. I think my idea is good. 

Sorry. IMHO, not happening. 

D+ have been crying for an additional level for a while. That’s not happening either. 

I do think converting the DL into a Pinnacle Lounge is a great idea. Give them a longer HH or Beer/Wine like Oasis Class does now, 11-11. This would be easy to accomplish. This is also providing a Loyalty Lounge is open upon return. 

Suites don’t get drinks on SeaPass so why would they give anyone else more (5). 

I believe your post is very off topic for this thread but couldn’t go unanswered. 

My Two Cents

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If cruises restart and things calm down I might write to someone suggesting this. I think it's a happy medium to you dont have to be all the way to pinnacle to get in, but would relieve crowding.

Adding a couple more drinks like 5 instead of 3 to d+

Don't you think many things have been suggested to RCI over the years? Maybe their just waiting to hear from you :classic_wink: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Don't you think many things have been suggested to RCI over the years? Maybe their just waiting to hear from you :classic_wink: 

There wasnt a pandemic before either though. Ok I'm sure they can think of things themselves. Sarcasm noted. 

I didnt think off topic, molly mentioned dl quite a few times M8, what's the difference, the dl will be more crowded. They just said she was stirring the pot. But ok. 

Not sure why Molly's post wasnt off topic about dl but mine was off topic.

Everyone seems concerned about how many diamonds in dl to me. More now with double pts is why I posted it here.

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There wasnt a pandemic before either though. Ok I'm sure they can think of things themselves. Sarcasm noted. 

I didnt think off topic, molly mentioned dl quite a few times M8, what's the difference, the dl will be more crowded. They just said she was stirring the pot. But ok. 

Not sure why Molly's post wasnt off topic about dl but mine was off topic.

Everyone seems concerned about how many diamonds in dl to me. More now with double pts is why I posted it here.

Point noted. 

Some D+ have been complaining for a while regarding their perks. The points for the levels have been established for some time. There is a big spread from D+ to Pinnacle and has been that way for a long time. 

We seldom see Pinnacles here complaining about their perks. 

Royal may change any of the C&A perks and rules at anytime without notice. 

M8

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You are becoming better at this than me. 

Maybe enough to have their own exclusive lounge and a exclusive section in the MDR by the windows for dining.  😇

I actually like my Pinnacle friends. It’s the ones who are not my friends that are the issue  😁

M8

And you completely fail to state your opinion about your D+ friends.

• Haha 1

Ok, so checked our cruises.  Some were booked in Oct. 2019 with cruises to go Sept/Nov/Dec. of 2020.  Two were cancelled by RC with refund.  The rest I did L&S In July 2020 to Oct. 2021.

Do cruises count for "double" if originally booked in 2019 but were cancelled or L&S?

NJ 

3 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Ok, so checked our cruises.  Some were booked in Oct. 2019 with cruises to go Sept/Nov/Dec. of 2020.  Two were cancelled by RC with refund.  The rest I did L&S In July 2020 to Oct. 2021.

Do cruises count for "double" if originally booked in 2019 but were cancelled or L&S?

NJ 

Only if they were booked on a Tuesday or Thursday using an Android phone.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If cruises restart and things calm down I might write to someone suggesting this. I think it's a happy medium to you dont have to be all the way to pinnacle to get in, but would relieve crowding.

Adding a couple more drinks like 5 instead of 3 to d+

<SIGH>😏

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

This promo isn't going to convert infrequent cruisers to suddenly becoming frequent cruisers booking multiple cruises every year from now until the end of time.  

If someone was booking multiple cruises every year they were already well on their way up the ladder.  

The infrequent cruiser isn't going to crowd the lounge on the ship they aren't sailing on.  Let them be Diamond if they earn it this way. 

"Jane and Joe only booked a cruise once every two years but since becoming Diamond they now book four cruises every year" - NOT!!!  However if this was the outcome Royal would be very pleased.  

And it sure is going to do nothing to attract new cruisers either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

NJ 

Should be so long as they sail in 2021.  If they push again into 2022 then no.

"...existing bookings made prior to October 19, 2020..."

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sorry. IMHO, not happening. 

D+ have been crying for an additional level for a while. That’s not happening either. 

I do think converting the DL into a Pinnacle Lounge is a great idea. Give them a longer HH or Beer/Wine like Oasis Class does now, 11-11. This would be easy to accomplish. This is also providing a Loyalty Lounge is open upon return. 

Suites don’t get drinks on SeaPass so why would they give anyone else more (5). 

I believe your post is very off topic for this thread but couldn’t go unanswered. 

My Two Cents

M8

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

<SIGH>😏

And I gave my two cents also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have been just two 7 night cruises shy of Pinnie for 8 months now (without the new double points).  😑   Should have turned the level last May.   Guess I would make it in just one cruise now.....that is assuming we can ever get back on a ship again.  😉

16 cruises cancelled now with no end in sight.  Sigh...   😞  

😥 So sorry! Hopefully we will be able to cruise soon.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Should be so long as they sail in 2021.  If they push again into 2022 then no.

"...existing bookings made prior to October 19, 2020..."

Thank you.  Guess since RC cancelled most of them, it's ok.   Heavens, don't even want to think about pushing cruises into '22.  

NJ

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have been just two 7 night cruises shy of Pinnie for 8 months now (without the new double points).  😑   Should have turned the level last May. 

I was just thinking what torture that must be for someone who was supposed to become Pinnacle in 2020 and now has to sit there unsure what ship might finally get them across the line.  Hope it happens for you sooner rather than later.

Cheers!  🍷

• Like 1

We will now have enough points to become D+ on our August cruise.  So it will then show D+ on our November cruise.sea pass.

The only benefit would be the future cruise discount since we book suites. 

Still. D+ is better than D. ( lol). 

stay healthy  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Royal may change any of the C&A perks and rules at anytime without notice. 

I think Royal is well aware of the increased numbers of D, D+, and P that will be created by double points, but it will not matter because of changes they have planned but have not shared with us yet.

• Like 3