What is your expected return date to cruising?

SelectSys

Your Expected Date to Return to Cruising  

87 members have voted

1. 1. When do you expect to take your first COVID cruise

• 1H 2021
    • 2H 2021
    • 1H 2022
    • 2H 2022
    • 2023+
    • Never

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Do you view cruising as being equivalent to going to work as far as COVID-19, exposure risk and treatment options in the event of an outbreak?

Why not if I'm close to more people at work?

Treatment options depend on where I cruise. Not necessary more or better options at home.

1 minute ago, sverigecruiser said:

Why not if I'm close to more people at work?

Treatment options depend on where I cruise. Not necessary more or better options at home.

I’d say it’s a good thing that there are organizations in place that protect people who think like you from yourself.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

I’d say it’s a good thing that there are organizations in place that protect people who think like you from yourself.

Are ;you familiar with their work conditions or treatment options? If not, then your comment is just more blah, blah, blah ridiculing those with different opinions.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think another factor of cruising starting, from a US perspective, is the Caribbean nations learning that they are not dependent on cruises. They will make more money from tourists at resorts. I think it was the tourist administer from Grand Caymans that made the reference and other island nations will be able to copy it. Not that cruising will end, but they will put pressure on the cruise industry as a whole because of covid.

On topic —- still at least 270 days.  There still is no start-up date, and I think it will take at least nine months once cruises do start for reasonable and acceptable conditions to emerge.  If you stop to actually think - do you REALLY want to cruise wearing a mask all the time, keeping social distance, accepting limitations on port calls — all while paying a premium price to make up for the reduced capacity?  

Then, do you really want to be on a ship full of people who are so desperate to cruise that they would go under those conditions?

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Then, do you really want to be on a ship full of people who are so desperate to cruise that they would go under those conditions?

And so desperate that they'll cheat.

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Cruising in US... I don't think so 

370000 deaths so far and climbing at 3000 per day...

Time to put a pin in it and check on it in at least a year...

if not much longer

To me it really depends on the progress with vaccination and case numbers.  If the vaccine is distributed successfully, we might be back sooner.  That being said,  I used to think Fall was the start  and now I am thinking early 2022.  

One interesting note is that RCCL is now going to home port a ship in Barbados sometime in the late fall.  It could be that cruises start in Barbados before those in the US. 

• Like 1