Early January Sailings?

whitshel

I know no one knows when Royal will cancel anymore cruises but do we have any insight on when early Jan Cruises will be canceled?  It seemed like we always knew that they cancelled the cruises to coincide with the CDC no sail order, with no CDC order anymore, we're at the of mercy RCCL.  Maybe within 2 weeks?

4 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

January is toast.

Any cruise line would be setting a new world record for stupid to cruise with covid running out of control in most of the world.

Out of control in most of the world?  hardly,  large parts of the world are doing far better than the USA in controlling the virus.  Is it totally under control? No,  Is Europe and the far east headed in the right direction? yes. 

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

Out of control in most of the world?  hardly,  large parts of the world are doing far better than the USA in controlling the virus.  Is it totally under control? No,  Is Europe and the far east headed in the right direction? yes. 

Where is Europe headed in the right direction?  I realize you are in Germany, but when I look at the numbers, cases are increasing in most countries at just a slightly lower per capita than then US, although Germany does seem to be lower than everyone else.

Edited by mek
  • Like 2

Australia is one of the best countries in control of covid.  Some Asian countries such as Japan and Thailand are doing great.

US is about a month behind all the spikes in various european countries.  Most of them starting restrictions and lockdowns in october.    France has been their main hot spot.  I think they had record high of 86,000 cases in one day the other week.  Wow!!

Hospitalization is the trick with all of this.  Seems most positive people do not need to be hospitalized.  Let's hope that trend continues.

Travel for thanksgiving as well as college kids coming home is the latest focus, at least in my area.

Eight months in and we are still comparing - seems like everyone is headed down the dark road together. The Asian countries that are containing it would be great places to look for guidance but we don't get much information on them and that's probably for political reasons. New Zealand and Australia have locked down their countries for the past 8 months - At some point they will have to open and when they do one case could become thousands. They also have a strategic advantage of people only getting there by plane or boat so they can do this. 

But anyways - The question is, "what about January"?

The Answer - the same as its been since March - 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, whitshel said:

I know no one knows when Royal will cancel anymore cruises but do we have any insight on when early Jan Cruises will be canceled?  It seemed like we always knew that they cancelled the cruises to coincide with the CDC no sail order, with no CDC order anymore, we're at the of mercy RCCL.  Maybe within 2 weeks?

I think they will need at least until February, to do everything necessary to be CDC compliant.  After that, things should improve dramatically with two successful vaccines in distribution.

We are on the Jan 3rd sailing and have pretty much guessed there is no way that our sailing will go.  It’s been so stressful because we already have flights and hotel.  We just want to be able to cancel the flights and hotel and not wait til last minute.  And with lift and shift and the other program ending nov 30th it doesn’t leave much time to have some decision on what to do. 

Do we think that Royal will cruise out of Port of Tampa in March? Awhile back I read that Tampa was not having ships sail until March or April. I do not remember the source. Of course I realize none of us know when anything will sail again. Just sort of wondering about the Tampa Port situation.

Many more ships had more than January cancelled. My guess is they cancelled some ships who were doing more than 7 days to rework their schedules.

The cancellations are much more involved than just January ...maybe rcl will cancel some longer cruises past January as well.

20201118_095704403.jpeg

20201118_095644538.jpeg

I think most people need to quit thinking it'll be another month and start thinking more like several, as in May-June at least.  We're booked in May on AD and have already booked a back up week at the beach.  After that we have a cruise on X Summit in July, and we'll see.  That's for our 40th anniversary so we need to find a back up for that too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BND said:

I think most people need to quit thinking it'll be another month and start thinking more like several, as in May-June at least.  We're booked in May on AD and have already booked a back up week at the beach.  After that we have a cruise on X Summit in July, and we'll see.  That's for our 40th anniversary so we need to find a back up for that too.

I'm still holding out for my april 25th. Pretty soon it cant be lifted and shifted unless lift and shift extended.

16 minutes ago, BND said:

We've already mapped out our L&S options for everything we have booked through April 2021. Looks like we'll be doing a bunch of B2Bs in 2022 if this "death by 1000 cuts" announcement dribble keeps up much longer.

Mine is also Jan 3rd, I'm taking the 125% obc to hopefully move to my Alaska in June 21 cruise but my DD and SIL will need to get the refund, I think they want to try and do Disney World the same week or just do something over spring break time.  But in the same boat with flights and hotels etc.

I have B2B Freedom in January, and have assumed for weeks that it will not go.   Just waiting for official announcement so I can immediately put in for refund to CC.  

Also waiting for RCI to stop the bleeding and finally cancel the rest of the current Aussie cruise season.  

Hate this "month by month" cancellation thing.  Just another way to get final payment, then hold on it for as long as they can.  😣

Typically about mid week on the first week of the month for fresh cancellations.  Will be interesting to see how far they take it this time, since they need to actually cancel the "longer than 7 night" cruises.  Not just pull them from bookings.  

2 hours ago, BND said:

Right now this sounds like the most reasonable expectation to me - late spring.

Edited by mek
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, crazyank said:

Really? Have seen any news from the UK recently? The only thing that will put us in the right direction is when the vaccine is actually approved to be used and a large percentage of the population have already received it.

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hate this "month by month" cancellation thing.  Just another way to get final payment, then hold on it for as long as they can.  😣

Typically about mid week on the first week of the month for fresh cancellations.  Will be interesting to see how far they take it this time, since they need to actually cancel the "longer than 7 night" cruises.  Not just pull them from bookings.  

That's the part that sucks.  Lift and Shift ends November 30th.  If they don't cancel by then we are just gambling then and lost the option to lift and shift.