Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

8 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Will advise if we have any major adverse effects...

Only a sore shot sight and a few chills that just became apparent  as we enter hour 9..

I am interested in the comparison because Spins said his Pfizer vaccine started giving side effects around hour 11... I am just comparing the two..

I will keep those that are interested in the loop!

Stay Safe

Joseph

• Like 1

Good Morning.... no major side effects from shot two overnight.. however I did wake up after 10 hours sleep with a bit of fatigue.. could be unrelated as i often wke up as tired as when i went to bed...if anything transpires today i will keep all interested in the loop.. as of now Moderna seems to have little to no negative response after dose two.

Joseph 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We get Moderna dose #2 on 3-1 and hope for the best. First dose gave me one bad night with terrible chills but then better in the morning. Over all a little fatigue for the first week for both of us but I can only imagine what Covid must really be like. Stay healthy everybody!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

I am still experiencing some side effects including drenching sweats, fatigue and headache.

This Thursday will be a week.

Every day a little better and its not incapacitating.

I received 2nd Pfizer last Thursday. The only effect was slightly sore arm for 24 hours and a dull headache for most of the day.  Took a Tylenol and another and since then -- nada!   I'm wondering if it was a defective batch (kidding).  I consider myself very lucky and extremely grateful to have this behind me. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dusababy said:

I received 2nd Pfizer last Thursday. The only effect was slightly sore arm for 24 hours and a dull headache for most of the day.  Took a Tylenol and another and since then -- nada!   I'm wondering if it was a defective batch (kidding).  I consider myself very lucky and extremely grateful to have this behind me. 

Glad to hear it Dusa.

Dr Spins also not have much of anything other than sore arm. He too wondered if he got placebo or defective batch.

I have learned about 30 % of people get side effects that leaves a good amount of people who don' t experience anything!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

I am still experiencing some side effects including drenching sweats, fatigue and headache.  This Thursday will be a week.  Every day a little better and its not incapacitating.

HANG IN, Spins!!  Keep us posted as to your progress.  At this end of this month when we get our second shot of Moderna, I will share how things go for me and my wife. We are hoping for the best!!  Good to gain the updates and comments from others.    

From the respected Bloomberg News business site this morning, they had this headline: What Are Vaccine Passports and How Would They Work?” with these highlights: “With millions being vaccinated against Covid-19 every day, some political and business leaders are suggesting nations can help get life back to normal by rolling out a so-called vaccine passport: an easily accessible and verifiable certification that a person’s been inoculated. Private companies are already beginning to look at making shots mandatory for people who want to get on planes, cruise ships or attend events such as concerts. A handful of projects from governments, private firms and international associations are currently underway. But the idea raises scientific and ethical questions.”

I posted these details on the "Silversea Future Re-Open" thread, but thought it might be good to also share this background here.  There are a number of pro/con factors to consider, but there are serious questions as to how such a "tool" would operate, function, be managed, etc.  

Here are some of their questions discussed: ''1. What’s the idea behind vaccine passports?  At the moment, many countries and airlines require proof that international travelers aren’t infected with SARS-CoV-2, but regulations vary from place to place and so far there’s no systematic requirement that people be vaccinated. The idea of a vaccine passport would be to create an updated version of the so-called yellow card, more formally known as the International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis, a World Health Organization-approved booklet documenting your past inoculations. Given the prevalence, contagiousness and devastation of Covid-19, many are suggesting the need for a more modern, digital and secure record. Ideally, it would provide proof of vaccination status and document recent virus test results, which would both reassure border agents and safeguard fellow travelers or event-goers. The demand for such proof has led to falsified and counterfeit paper versions of vaccine certificates.  2. Who’s considering requiring proof of vaccination?  A handful of companies have begun mandating -- or hinting they will eventually require -- proof of vaccination, foreshadowing what could become a more common practice. U.K.-based Saga Cruises, part of an industry that was a prominent early victim of the pandemic, is already requiring that passengers present proof they’ve been fully vaccinated before sailing. The chief executive officer of Australian airline Qantas Airways Ltd., Alan Joyce, has said his company plans to require international travelers entering or leaving Australia to present proof of vaccination before boarding.    3. Will countries require proof of vaccination for entry?   It’s possible, especially as more people get vaccinated. So far, the WHO doesn’t support it.  Under the International Health Regulations, which are legally binding on the 196 states that are party to it, only one vaccine -- against yellow fever -- is endorsed as a requirement for entry into countries.  4. What are the implications of the limited vaccine supply?   It means that entry requirements would bar the majority of people in the world without access to Covid vaccines so far. Countries are entitled under the International Health Regulations to take public health measures that go beyond WHO guidance, but only if they are non-discriminatory. Some people worry that vaccine passports would create a vaccinated global elite while exacerbating inequalities and creating an underclass that could be denied services and prevented from crossing borders.   5. Who’s developing vaccine passports?  There are a number of private firms, organizations and governments backing or attempting to create a workable vaccine passport. With financial support from Innovate U.K., technology companies Mvine and iProov have begun live-testing a Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passport designed to be compatible with the U.K.’s tiered approach to managing the health crisis, under which different parts of the country are under varying levels of restrictions.  6. Apart from barring the unvaccinated, how might border officials use vaccine certificates? Vaccine passports or certificates could be used as a way to loosen up current rules that bar certain travelers, require arriving passengers to test negative for the virus and compel them to quarantine upon arrival."

Full story at:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-09/what-are-vaccine-passports-and-how-would-they-work-quicktake

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 89,595 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silkismom said:

Haven't heard from Joseph for several days, hope all is ok.

I think I saw him post on another thread in the past couple of days.....but can't remember which one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silkismom said:

Haven't heard from Joseph for several days, hope all is ok.

I am around Silks!! and doing extremely well.. not much to add to the conversation right now .. talking this opprotunity to simply learn from the rest of you!

Joseph

• Like 2

We’re starting to see our first breakthrough cases (contracting Covid-19 after being fully vaccinated, i.e. at least two weeks have passed since a person has completed their vaccination series) here in the U.S.  Thankfully, none of the cases have resulted in serious illness.  

I have no doubt we’re going to have to come to grips with living with Covid-19 in our daily lives, no differently than we live with other contagious illnesses such as the flu, while continuing to practice certain safety measures such as wearing face masks, social distancing, and avoiding crowds in poorly ventilated spaces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

We’re starting to see our first breakthrough cases (contracting Covid-19 after being fully vaccinated, i.e. at least two weeks have passed since a person has completed their vaccination series) here in the U.S.  Thankfully, none of the cases have resulted in serious illness.  

23 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

oh no!

Don't overreact. This is expected. Yes, I feel bad for those who got it, but...

The vaccine is 95% effective, not 100%. For every 100 people you vaccinate, imagine that 95 are totally protected - so there will still be 5 who are vulnerable. For every thousand, 50 are vulnerable. If you vaccinate a million (1000x1000) people, 50,000 of them are still vulnerable. NB: from a purist's point of view, 95% efficacy doesn't really work this way, but it illustrates the point better than the "real" way.

So after vaccinating 10-12 million here in the US, that leaves easily 500,000 or more who could still get COVID despite having both vaccines. We can't be surprised that some of these people have already contracted the disease. It is not cause for alarm yet, but it makes for a scary story...

If the variants start making a big dent in the efficacy of the vaccines, then that's cause for concern. 

Is it newsworthy when someone who has had the flu vaccine gets influenza?

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Is it newsworthy when someone who has had the flu vaccine gets influenza?

Of course not.  Not overreacting either.  Hence why I stated what people are going to have to come to grips with.  Covid-19 is not going to be eradicated like diphtheria, measles, mumps, etc. anytime soon.