Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

39 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois you may qualify if you have other conditions. Check it out with your docs

What qualifies as underlying conditions?  I have diabetes and kidney disease but both are in

control. (THANKFULLY).  

32 minutes ago, dusababy said:

I get my second Pfizer tomorrow.   Hope it's not a doozy 🙂    Those who got the 2nd Moderna last week said no reaction at all.   Perhaps it's all personal.   Hope so because I've decided not to flinch:-)

I see what you did there! 🤣 Cute wordplay!

Reactions are all over the place. And they probably don't mean very much. My second dose made me tired for days, or who knows, it might have been work that did it. Chris got fevers on and off for about 36 hours. 

The worst part of the vaccine? We still can't travel anywhere! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Reactions are all over the place. And they probably don't mean very much. My second dose made me tired for days, or who knows, it might have been work that did it. Chris got fevers on and off for about 36 hours. 

I agree the reactions seem to be all over the place.   Had a neurosurgeon friend get his second dose of the Moderna vaccine.  Kicked his backside for 24 hours.   Muscle pain, chills, and fever but it was short lived and OTC pain killer got him through.   At this point I will take whatever I can get.  Next week local pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens are supposed to get vaccines.   That’s my best hope right now.   I’m in the 1b category but vaccine appointments have been hard to get because of supply.   

It was my introduction to Python. We got to watch this in senior English! My teacher loved all things English. We read Beowulf, had to memorize the English monarchs, and all sorts of other random things. But this movie was the greatest. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

UK based ... had my 1st of two today. Astra Zeneca variant. Nothing obvious on the side effects ... 

Good that many on these boards are getting their Covid shots. Good luck to Lois in searching for some special medical reason to move her up the priority list.   

As I most posted earlier on another CC Board thread, my wife and I just got our first shot of the Moderna vaccine.  Easy and simple.  Done at one of our nearby Kroger grocery pharmacies.  We were "jabbed" by their experienced pharmacist.  He explained that they use a high-quality needle and that this "detail" helped make the injection go in very smoothly and without any pain.  To be honest, I did not feel a thing.  When you go for your shot, also make sure you wear a short-sleeved shirt as this makes the prep easier and quicker.  

Today three other friends have or will be getting their first shots.  There was mentioned of the Astra Zeneca vaccine.  Understand this UK/Swedish firm is getting closer for its approval here in the US.  Plus, hopefully the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should be approved by the end of this month.  

Now, there will be the questions as to how will, after we get the second shot in late February, the vaccine effectiveness and protections will extend?  For how long?  And, against future Covid variations/mutations?  My wife also has some immune system issues and that adds to our future vaccine effectiveness question list.  Good to have our first shot, but it is still unclear as to  how this affects our futrure timing and abilities to travel and sail in the next year or two.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Athens & Greece: Many visuals, details from two visits in a city with great history, culture and architecture.  Now at 37,277 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

Here is a little "selfie" as I received my first "JAB".  Good news!!  Will receive my second Covid-19 vaccine shot in late February.  The shot was easy, simple and painless.  No soreness, after-effects, etc.  BUT, am hearing the second shot might have more "punch"??!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

IMG_5715.jpeg.04a63158d016e1bab111c68279bf4a8b.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Terry,  I don't think I will be moving up the list.  When I looked on the Dept of Health for Florida

website, I saw nothing about that.......I forgot to call my GP........I will give him a buzz tomorrow

and see what he says.   

The Mayor had a news conference today and they received an additional 900 doses. They 

opened up a location in a minority neighborhood for those older than 65 for 2 days only. 

Tomorrow they are giving out 1/2 the shots and Saturday the other 1/2.

21 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Got the second shot this morning and so far so good.  Took 650 mg Tylenol just as a precaution -- may take another later if needed.   Plan, for medicinal purposes only, to augment with a nice Dewars on the rocks later today.

According to Dr. Fauchi, I should be 95% protected in about two weeks.  Grateful !!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2nd dose this morning.

Arm pain more like deep throb and the yucky metallic taste in mouth. Pain at injection site very tender to touch.  These reactions are similar to what I experienced with the first dose.

Am hydrating with h20.

Was told by pharmacist friend not to take NSAID s.

I do not seem to need anything right now.

Dusa hope no doozies for us!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Was told by pharmacist friend not to take NSAID s.

Honestly I think that is more urban legend than truth. Yes, the reaction means that your immune system is working. But blunting the reaction with NSAIDs so you don't feel miserable probably doesn't diminish the efficacy. Like "no pain, no gain," I think the admonition against NSAIDs makes little sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Honestly I think that is more urban legend than truth. Yes, the reaction means that your immune system is working. But blunting the reaction with NSAIDs so you don't feel miserable probably doesn't diminish the efficacy. Like "no pain, no gain," I think the admonition against NSAIDs makes little sense.

JP 

Agree with u about NSAID admonition.

Prolly should not have mentioned it at all here on these boards. 

I took ASA last time and likely will again.

I am ecstatic my ancient immune system is mustering a response and give thanks to messenger RNA for the stimulus. 

Its quite a tribute to those who have worked so many hours on this and the other vaccines.

I am lucky that I have not been infected at this time as I see many around me who have been and have not survived.

I am grateful yes so grateful for my opportunity to have a chance at more years on earth. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

JP 

Agree with u about NSAID admonition.

Prolly should not have mentioned it at all here on these boards. 

I took ASA last time and likely will again.

I am ecstatic my ancient immune system is mustering a response and give thanks to messenger RNA for the stimulus. 

Its quite a tribute to those who have worked so many hours on this and the other vaccines.

I am lucky that I have not been infected at this time as I see many around me who have been and have not survived.

I am grateful yes so grateful for my opportunity to have a chance at more years on earth. 

Agree with Spins -- so very well said from the heart !  

• Like 2

Neighbors and wife/me got our first Pfizer jab 3 week ago.

Guys -- no reaction except a little soreness in arm lasting one day -- girls -- soreness for several days

Second Jab on Wednesday -- guys moderate soreness 2 days.  Ladies -- both had fever on Wednesday and Thursday flu like symptoms, gone on Friday morning.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, Tothesunset said:

Bit worrying - that post ended abruptly. 😊

Well there wasn’t a lot to say really 😀

However 12 hours later and it was a whole new scenarion 🤮 Now approaching 36 hours and I stll feel like death warmed up 🤬

We've registered for the vaccine (whichever, "I'll take whatever you've got") but no response / appointment.  Friends are driving across state to get vaccinated; we think you're not supposed to do that.  I hate for this to be whoever knows how to work the system wins.

😐

About 11 hours post dose 2 of Pfizer I had quite an extraordinary night of side effects. Sufficeth to say now,  Saturday morning,  I am much better and almost at normal operating speed.

Bottom line is that I could tolerate whatever the vaccine handed out and hopefully some benefits!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

We've registered for the vaccine (whichever, "I'll take whatever you've got") but no response / appointment.  Friends are driving across state to get vaccinated; we think you're not supposed to do that.  I hate for this to be whoever knows how to work the system wins.

😐

Good morning, you are correct----I believe each state is supposed to give their own folks 

shots.....not folks from other states. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

About 11 hours post dose 2 of Pfizer I had quite an extraordinary night of side effects. Sufficeth to say now,  Saturday morning,  I am much better and almost at normal operating speed.

Spins 

I sure hope we have limited side effects as well... one bad night for protection very small price IMHO..

We get our Moderna monday morning

Joseph

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

About 11 hours post dose 2 of Pfizer I had quite an extraordinary night of side effects. Sufficeth to say now,  Saturday morning,  I am much better and almost at normal operating speed.  Bottom line is that I could tolerate whatever the vaccine handed out and hopefully some benefits!!

Appreciate these great and various comments and follow-ups from J.P., Spins, etc.  Even with the potential "side-affects" from getting our second Moderna shot in late February, it will be good to obtain that hopeful protection.  Very good sharing on this thread.  Keep up the excellent posts.   

Good luck to all seeking their shots and going through this process.  Glad the "morning after" has been better for Spins.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 31,437 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

2 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Spins 

I sure hope we have limited side effects as well... one bad night for protection very small price IMHO..

We get our Moderna monday morning

Joseph

Yes Joseph I agree. 

It was one very bad night during which I was not in control of my body.

24 hours later on Friday I was better and 48 hours later today I am much better.

A small and gladly paid price and one I would extract from this old body and mind yet again for the hoped benefits.

• Like 2