International Travelers May Need to get Virus Vaccinations

Taters

12 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

This started out as a civil and logical discussion of an important topic. The majority of participants are continuing in that manner. 

But it’s become time to add to the ignore list again.

Well said & I completely agree!

• Like 1

Whether or not one chooses to get the vaccination is a personal decision.  Both sides need to respect each other’s decision, even if they would decide otherwise.

What we need from HAL on this issue is a clear policy on whether or not a vaccination is required to sail.  This announcement should be made prior to any final payment date so that we can make an informed decision on cruising.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Whether or not one chooses to get the vaccination is a personal decision.  Both sides need to respect each other’s decision, even if they would decide otherwise.

What we need from HAL on this issue is a clear policy on whether or not a vaccination is required to sail.  This announcement should be made prior to any final payment date so that we can make an informed decision on cruising.

As much as I would love clear policies, I think the cruise lines are pretty much clueless how everything is going to play out.  Even Qantas who announced they will require proof of vaccination isn't quite sure when that will take effect or how. 

I'm in the same "boat".  When is your cruise? I have a cruise planned in August but who knows if I can get vaccinated by then or what "proof" will be required and how hard that will be to get. Final payment is May- hopefully it will all be more clear by then- IF it even happens. 

16 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

if I can get vaccinated by then or what "proof" will be required and how hard that will be to get.

I live in Wisconsin and we have a statewide database for immunizations. Our doctor, or health department can access that data on our behalf and send proof of vaccination. We have done this through our travel doctor in the past.

7 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

I live in Wisconsin and we have a statewide database for immunizations. Our doctor, or health department can access that data on our behalf and send proof of vaccination. We have done this through our travel doctor in the past.

Interesting.  I googled and I guess California has the same.  Not sure if my doctor has access...I would hope so but I am under the impression they keep their own records which don't necessarily mirror our pharmacy either.   Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mimbecky said:

As much as I would love clear policies, I think the cruise lines are pretty much clueless how everything is going to play out.  Even Qantas who announced they will require proof of vaccination isn't quite sure when that will take effect or how. 

I'm in the same "boat".  When is your cruise? I have a cruise planned in August but who knows if I can get vaccinated by then or what "proof" will be required and how hard that will be to get. Final payment is May- hopefully it will all be more clear by then- IF it even happens. 

Our next cruise is booked for September and another for November.  We would both like to sail before those two cruises but will not pony up any new monies to HAL until ships sail and we have an idea of the onboard experience.

The CDC is now requiring hospitals that give the covid vaccination to give the patient a certificate of proof of vaccination.  My company is working on providing a solution to our customers.

Update from the front line - sis got her vaccine last night while on her shift.  She said it was as painless as a flu vaccine. They immediately scheduled her for her second.  Her information was already in the system as a hospital nurse

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Update from the front line - sis got her vaccine last night while on her shift.  She said it was as painless as a flu vaccine. They immediately scheduled her for her second.  Her information was already in the system as a hospital nurse

Great to hear.  Did she mention if she got some sort of proof?  I think here you are getting a little card with the dates.

20 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Great to hear.  Did she mention if she got some sort of proof?  I think here you are getting a little card with the dates.

She rang me while I was on my morning walk and I will need to call her about that.  I was curious also.  Being a nurse I know she is in a database but I will find out and update later

12 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

They may wait until after the booster to give proof of vaccinations.

I follow another social media platform and a ER nurse just posted this morning she received her vaccination at 7am today.  She states that she got a card with the lot number of her vaccine, the date given, her name, DOB, and location.

Obviously, our experience may be different.

She is also going to update us daily with any side effects she may experience. Her post was 4 hours post shot and at that moment, was having no problems at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seaoma said:

I follow another social media platform and a ER nurse just posted this morning she received her vaccination at 7am today.  She states that she got a card with the lot number of her vaccine, the date given, her name, DOB, and location.

Obviously, our experience may be different.

She is also going to update us daily with any side effects she may experience. Her post was 4 hours post shot and at that moment, was having no problems at all.

Good to know.

1 hour ago, goldengirl123 said:

They are telling people not to take the vaccine if you have severe allergy reactions.    According to webmed, 50 million people in the USA alone suffer from allergies.  https://www.webmd.com/allergies/allergy-statistics 

I wonder what 'severe ' allergies means. 

I am allergic to peanuts!

A common statement has been if you have a history of allergic reactions to vaccines, or carry an EpiPen, then you are at risk.

2 hours ago, goldengirl123 said:

They are telling people not to take the vaccine if you have severe allergy reactions.    According to webmed, 50 million people in the USA alone suffer from allergies.  https://www.webmd.com/allergies/allergy-statistics 

I wonder what 'severe ' allergies means. 

I am allergic to peanuts!

My wife, a pharmacist, and I were just discussing this. She would recommend that anyone with severe allergies obviously consult with their physician first and get the shot at a medical facility where a physician is present instead of at a pharmacy. 

On 12/16/2020 at 2:43 AM, mimbecky said:

Qantas may or may not make a decision on pre-vaccination before flying. What they eventually decide will be very much influenced by what the Australian Federal government decides is in the best interest for the health of the nation. ATM, and for the foreseeable future, our borders are closed to travellers except Australian citizens returning and they are subject to a two week mandatory hotel quarantine at their own expense.

Just now, lyndarra said:

Qantas may or may not make a decision on pre-vaccination before flying. What they eventually decide will be very much influenced by what the Australian Federal government decides is in the best interest for the health of the nation. ATM, and for the foreseeable future, our borders are closed to travellers except Australian citizens returning and they are subject to a two week mandatory hotel quarantine at their own expense.

I forgot to say that we now allow New Zealanders in, without vaccination, which is not ATM reciprocated.

Another great update.  I am watching CVS and Walgreens, the two pharmacies in my area who will administer vaccine.   CVS has published an extensive update on their vaccine page.  Scroll past all of the graphics then there is a very readable article detailing all you want to know.  There will be online sign ups

CVS Covid Vaccine Page

Walgreens also has updated their home page

Walgreens

Edited by Mary229