Check in for Feb 21 Liberty says proof of prior test required.

firefly333

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

My 8 night didn't on Empress Feb 20th had nothing like that on it.  But I'm pretty sure nobody thinks that that one is going to go.

Is your cruise still planned as eight nights? If so I would imagine RCI has not bothered to change it as they know it will not sail. You know nothing longer than seven nights is allowed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is your cruise still planned as eight nights? If so I would imagine RCI has not bothered to change it as they know it will not sail. You know nothing longer than seven nights is allowed.

Yeah it's still listed as 8 nights.  I knew over 7 nights was shut down.  I wasn't going to bother checking in until I saw this thread.  I thought I'd just check in to see what happened.  Oddly, nothing happened. They didn't even give me a boarding time.  Not really surprising though.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah it's still listed as 8 nights.  I knew over 7 nights was shut down.  I wasn't going to bother checking in until I saw this thread.  I thought I'd just check in to see what happened.  Oddly, nothing happened. They didn't even give me a boarding time.  Not really surprising though.  

None of the 8 night and above cruises have actually changed and all are still showing their original itinerary and number of nights. They have all just been removed from the website for booking. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know the answers, but I expect B2B cruises to not be permitted in 2021. As for testing, I think you will need to show proof of vaccination or a negative test before getting to the port. Covid is not going anywhere anytime soon. Vaccination will be more key than negative tests. Testing has proven to be completely ineffective at controlling or predicting covid. Focus on vaccination and be done with it. There are at least 3 companies releasing in the coming weeks and more than half the US population (sorry, haven't been following the rest of the world) can be vaccinated by end of February.

6 minutes ago, mariemorgan said:

What test is this?  rtPCR SARS-CoV-2 test  This is what check is is stating is required 24-3 days prior to cruising.  Is this the rapid test?  if not how does one get results so quickly on the other test?  Ours have been coming in 5-7 days for non-rapid

No one has the answers yet.  Where we are also it is not guaranteed that you will get results within the timeframe required unless you get a rapid test which is still not widely available

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No one has the answers yet.  Where we are also it is not guaranteed that you will get results within the timeframe required unless you get a rapid test which is still not widely available

Ok I just noticed when I checked in again this morning this was added and then was emailed to me 😞 I mean I know it's most likely cancelled but just trying to get ducks in a row.

For anyone who hasn't seen the emails since i haven't seen it (though haven't looked hard)

We're counting down the days until your sailing with us! Here are your next steps to ensure a smooth and healthy boarding day.  

• Schedule and take a rtPCR SARS-CoV-2 test (between 24 hours and 3 days before your cruise), and bring your negative test result with you on your sail day.  
    • If the name on your results doesn’t match your travel documents, be sure to bring a bridging document that proves it’s you.
  • Answer your required health questions on the app the day before you sail. You'll get a notification from our app when it's open. 
  • Need to view your Health Acknowledgement one more time? Find it here.
  • Download the TraceTogether app or collect the TraceTogether (TT) token, which is required to board the ship.

• Be sure to keep important items like travel documents, test results and face mask somewhere easy to reach! You'll need them from the moment you arrive to the port all the way to boarding the ship. 
  • Parking space will be very limited, so we highly recommend being dropped off at Level 2 of the terminal during your arrival time.  
  • For the best check-in and boarding experience, be sure to arrive only during your pre-selected check-in/wellness screening time with your entire travelling party.
    All members of a party must be checked-in together.
    • Your check-in appointment is dedicated for your screening, so arriving earlier will have you turned away until your time.
  • Be sure to have your TraceTogether token or download the TraceTogether app in order to board the ship. Passengers without either will not be allowed to board the ship. Please note that children below 7 years old are exempted and are not required to have the TT Token or app with them.
  • Additionally, in the terminal you’ll be provided a Tracelet, which is a wrist wearable that will help us with contact tracing onboard.
    • Just like your SeaPass card you should have your TT token or your opened TraceTogether app and your Tracelet on you at all times.
  • Once onboard, use the Royal Caribbean app to start your required guest safety briefing.  
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mariemorgan said:

Ok I just noticed when I checked in again this morning this was added and then was emailed to me 😞 I mean I know it's most likely cancelled but just trying to get ducks in a row.

For anyone who hasn't seen the emails since i haven't seen it (though haven't looked hard)

We're counting down the days until your sailing with us! Here are your next steps to ensure a smooth and healthy boarding day.  

• Schedule and take a rtPCR SARS-CoV-2 test (between 24 hours and 3 days before your cruise), and bring your negative test result with you on your sail day.  
    • If the name on your results doesn’t match your travel documents, be sure to bring a bridging document that proves it’s you.
  • Answer your required health questions on the app the day before you sail. You'll get a notification from our app when it's open. 
  • Need to view your Health Acknowledgement one more time? Find it here.
  • Download the TraceTogether app or collect the TraceTogether (TT) token, which is required to board the ship.

• Be sure to keep important items like travel documents, test results and face mask somewhere easy to reach! You'll need them from the moment you arrive to the port all the way to boarding the ship. 
  • Parking space will be very limited, so we highly recommend being dropped off at Level 2 of the terminal during your arrival time.  
  • For the best check-in and boarding experience, be sure to arrive only during your pre-selected check-in/wellness screening time with your entire travelling party.
    All members of a party must be checked-in together.
    • Your check-in appointment is dedicated for your screening, so arriving earlier will have you turned away until your time.
  • Be sure to have your TraceTogether token or download the TraceTogether app in order to board the ship. Passengers without either will not be allowed to board the ship. Please note that children below 7 years old are exempted and are not required to have the TT Token or app with them.
  • Additionally, in the terminal you’ll be provided a Tracelet, which is a wrist wearable that will help us with contact tracing onboard.
    • Just like your SeaPass card you should have your TT token or your opened TraceTogether app and your Tracelet on you at all times.
  • Once onboard, use the Royal Caribbean app to start your required guest safety briefing.  

Wow, just wow. Someone asked above how they would trace you, the trace app. Well what if I keep my phone in the safe as usual? Or my tablet. How can they police you are near the device you downloaded the tracetogether app?

22 minutes ago, mariemorgan said:

What test is this?  rtPCR SARS-CoV-2 test  This is what check is is stating is required 24-3 days prior to cruising.  Is this the rapid test?  if not how does one get results so quickly on the other test?  Ours have been coming in 5-7 days for non-rapid

Did you call Royal and ask them?

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wow, just wow. Someone asked above how they would trace you, the trace app. Well what if I keep my phone in the safe as usual? Or my tablet. How can they police you are near the device you downloaded the tracetogether app?

I have no idea.. it looks like they are giving a wristband as well but it also says keep the token with you.  I downloaded the app but it's confusing and looks like it's was made for singapore?  I had to change it to USA the default was singapore. 

It is ridiculous to say a PCR test cannot be done further out than three days before your cruise. Yes, it is possible that the result will be back in time. It is very possible that it won't. Unless you fly in the day of your cruise it is close to certain that you won't have the results before you leave home. 

What is a TT token?

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Princess is not allowing B2B's.  I bet that Royal will follow suit

Wonder how they will police it for people switching cruise lines for B2B cruises?  Honesty system?  Customs and immigration records?

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What is this "toke" they mention?  Are you expected to carry it with you at all times?  Like a wristband to wear, because they will be lost otherwise.

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is a TT token?

32 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

What is this "toke" they mention?  Are you expected to carry it with you at all times?  Like a wristband to wear, because they will be lost otherwise.

Singapore contact tracing method (JMO the info above is for cruises out of Singapore):

image.png.e010acae7726ace533bc529242cf592b.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54143015

Edited by SeaHunt
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Wonder how they will police it for people switching cruise lines for B2B cruises?  Honesty system?  Customs and immigration records?

Your name goes to homeland security when you fill out the check in. Homeland security probably has enough computer skills I would hope to see you checked in for another 7 days.

That token app for tracing is what people are getting asked to download, and the one I quoted is out of Galveston. Maybe rcl just hasn't fixed it in their system from singapore?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Your name goes to homeland security when you fill out the check in. Homeland security probably has enough computer skills I would hope to see you checked in for another 7 days.

The chief engineer has already posted that the  passenger manifest goes to homeland security 30 minutes prior to departure.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe rcl just hasn't fixed it in their system from singapore?

That's what I guess too - figures they would confuse everyone LOL.

BTW looks like the Singapore TT Token fits on a lanyard:

image.png.fe3f467d3ee0f417966e1576c8409257.png

image.png.118acc755e542b0190cc5704122785d6.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The chief engineer has already posted that the  passenger manifest goes to homeland security 30 minutes prior to departure.

I know... I thought someone would jump on the check in, but my point is homeland security has your name, that's how they can check, if there is any fine or anything issued. 

I did not say they would stop you boarding. The guy asked how would they know you are doing 2 cruises, honor, code, I'm saying no, homeland security knows. 

Idk if there is any fine to come, but they will know. None of us know what the new policy will be.

And yes I knew they had to send the list to homeland security 30 to 45 minutes before the ship sailed, having done a last minute cruise and also boarding last minute, almost didnt make it before boarding closed. The ship cant leave until the list is submitted. I've heard 30, also heard 45, but maybe they were giving themselves 15 minutes leeway and closing boarding 45 minutes before. 

There will also be no shows, so the final list isnt submitted until the last minute. Just saying homeland security will know, who knows if cross checking will be done. But they know who is aboard. 

Semantics ... 

Edited by firefly333

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know... I thought someone would jump on the check in, but my point is homeland security has your name, that's how they can check, if there is any fine or anything issued. 

I did not say they would stop you boarding. The guy asked how would they know you are doing 2 cruises, honor, code, I'm saying no, homeland security knows. 

Idk if there is any fine to come, but they will know. None of us know what the new policy will be.

And yes I knew they had to send the list to homeland security 30 to 45 minutes before the ship sailed, having done a last minute cruise and also boarding last minute, almost didnt make it before boarding closed. The ship cant leave until the list is submitted. I've heard 30, also heard 45, but maybe they were giving themselves 15 minutes leeway and closing boarding 45 minutes before. 

There will also be no shows, so the final list isnt submitted until the last minute. Just saying homeland security will know, who knows if cross checking will be done. But they know who is aboard. 

Semantics ... 

Your original post made it sound like homeland security started screening you as soon as you started your check in, just didn’t want people to get the wrong idea. 

4 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Singapore contact tracing method (JMO the info above is for cruises out of Singapore):

image.png.e010acae7726ace533bc529242cf592b.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54143015

Ahh this was just the email I got today when I went through the additions to the checkin where you choose your health screening time..  We are cruising out of Miami Jan 3rd.  If it doesn't get cancelled. 

5 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

If you are on the first leg of your B2B you won't be able to be tested 24 hours to 3 days before your second leg and won't be able to provide test results to board the second ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SG65CB said:

If you are on the first leg of your B2B you won't be able to be tested 24 hours to 3 days before your second leg and won't be able to provide test results to board the second ship. 

For Canadians who drive to Florida to do a cruise (there are a bunch of them) who take a couple days to drive down there, it will be difficult to get a test in the 24 hours to 3 day time frame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

For Canadians who drive to Florida to do a cruise (there are a bunch of them) who take a couple days to drive down there, it will be difficult to get a test in the 24 hours to 3 day time frame.

I rarely get PCR tests back that I order for patients in less than 48 hrs. and 72 hrs. is not unusual. This is not going to work for a lot of people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1