Quantum returning to port - possible coronavirus case onboard.

One more update from SCS FB:

An update from the Captain of Quantum of the Seas that came along with dinner mentioned that guests has been cleared to disembark after 7.30pm local time.

This came after the early departure of World Dream from Marina Bay Cruise Centre at 6pm; in order to avoid inter-mingling of guests from both ships in the terminal.
Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

And every positive case sets reopening back by weeks if not months.  RCCL cannot survive on Singapore alone.

They can't survive just droning around empty either.  I'm sure they've considered each/every option that has been discussed on CC lol.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some updates from the local news, it looks like both Quantum of the Seas and World Dream will continue their schedule as planned after today. They also mentioned that RCI will be doing an additional day-of-departure test at the cruise terminal on top of the current PCR test two days before.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, yogimax said:

As well they should.

COVID-19 is not a joke or fake news meant to destroy the cruise industry.  It is a deadly killer that is still striking at the heart of our country and so many others.

Don't blame the media.  In retrospect the cruise industry tried to come back too quickly and will pay the price.  In addition, this mistake will cause our safe return to cruising to be further delayed.

Totally Agree. I love cruising miss it dearly, but its way to early to start sailing again.  Need people to take vaccine that will get this under control, than sailing can resume.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, masteradept said:

Some updates from the local news, it looks like both Quantum of the Seas and World Dream will continue their schedule as planned after today. They also mentioned that RCI will be doing an additional day-of-departure test at the cruise terminal on top of the current PCR test two days before.

So everyone would have to test twice before boarding now? I wonder why not just do the test on embarkation day instead , just like what Dream cruises is practising?

5 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Did everyone really believe that Royal would sail forever Covid free. That was never the goal. The idea is to have a plan in place to prevent an outbreak to spread. This actually may help instill confidence in CDC for crushing to resume faster under the new protocols.

There is no question the virus will get aboard the ships. If the plan is to terminate the cruise when the virus is identified I don't foresee cruising going anywhere for a long time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I missed this post and posted another. Hoping they will delete it. I just called my FA to dump CCL, NCLH, and RCL. I have made good money buying and selling. This news will shutdown cruising, at least in the US, until the Summer at the earliest. I would expect a 20-30% stock hit on all of them by the end of the week as this news gets out.

1 hour ago, masteradept said:

Some updates from the local news, . They also mentioned that RCI will be doing an additional day-of-departure test at the cruise terminal on top of the current PCR test two days before.

I'm surprised they weren't doing day of dept tests already 

12 hours ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

I totally really disagree with this statement.  If the pretest keeps one sick person off the ship then its well worth the time.  Most people understand that it is just a test good for that moment in time.  Other safety procedures need to still be followed. 

I believe @iamcruisin was referring to the 72hr pretest that is needed by most countries before entry.   Sure that helps but alot can happen in that 72 hours.

• Like 1

Said it bfore and ill say it again. Only way cruising gets back is after the world is vaccinated. Who wants to cruise and then get quarantined to your room because you were in proxcimity to a positive? Sounds like prison to me. My “guess” is maybe july august time frame for cruising. Maybe later depending on other countries vaccination progress. 

• Like 5

Here's some good news. Apparently it was a false positive test on board the ship. Looks like they'll be confirming it with more testing tomorrow.

5.   An 83 year-old male Singaporean on board Royal Caribbean International’s Quantum of the Seas tested positive for COVID-19 infection this morning, and was immediately isolated. He had reported to the medical centre with diarrhoea, and as part of the protocols was tested for COVID-19 using the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test equipment on board the ship. His original sample has since been re-tested at the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), and has come back negative for COVID-19 infection. A second fresh sample tested by NPHL has also come back negative. NPHL will conduct another test tomorrow to confirm his COVID-19 status.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, masteradept said:

Here's some good news. Apparently it was a false positive test on board the ship. Looks like they'll be confirming it with more testing tomorrow.

5.   An 83 year-old male Singaporean on board Royal Caribbean International’s Quantum of the Seas tested positive for COVID-19 infection this morning, and was immediately isolated. He had reported to the medical centre with diarrhoea, and as part of the protocols was tested for COVID-19 using the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test equipment on board the ship. His original sample has since been re-tested at the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), and has come back negative for COVID-19 infection. A second fresh sample tested by NPHL has also come back negative. NPHL will conduct another test tomorrow to confirm his COVID-19 status.

Thank you for the data.

IMO, those "at risk of death" in the high risk categories, including the very elderly and the elderly > 60 with high levels of the identified underlying risks of death from infection "should not be cruising at this time."

IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, masteradept said:

Did you get this from MOH's website?