Commentary by Jan Swartz

caribill

40 minutes ago, caribill said:

Jan Swartz has written the linked article below. In part of it, she asserts "Princess's entire fleet will be Medallion Class-activated" when so far indications elsewhere are that the Pacific Princess will not have that enhancement.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Preview-2021/executive-jan-swartz

And ??? Are you insinuating she should publicly apologize for this unforgiveable mistake ???  Maybe she should be immediately relieved of her duties ???  🙄

Edited by taxmantoo

[QUOTE] Princess's entire fleet will be Medallion Class-activated ..... as of this moment, we're focused on finishing the rest of the Princess fleet. [/QUOTE]

As many of you know, I've been wondering what the 18th ship out of CCL would be as they move / strive towards an average ship age of 12 years. And Pacific has been listed for quite some time. Thank you @caribillfor the link

Edited by Ombud
Won't let me quote but if you read Caribill link you'll see it's a direct quote

6 minutes ago, waltd said:

OR The Pacific Princess might not be in the fleet much longer?

1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

I agree Walt.

Why the 2 snarky comments on Caribill's post. Be nice folks. We are all home and very bored right now.

I agree & caribill provides lots of useful information to this forum such as this article.

In the 12/10 webinar their VP of Sales had no answer on the question about the Pacific Princess not being listed as MC & they were working through that issue as to what it means for the future of that ship. 

In the article Jan Swartz provides dates for the deliveries of the new HAL & Seabourn ships but not for the Discovery Princess. In the webinar they said it was still scheduled for November 2021. With Jan not giving a date that could be an indication that Discovery might be delayed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I sure wish Princess would clear up what's going on with the Pacific Princess. Yes, we do have the FLL to Tahiti voyage booked in November so these things do have an impact on us.

Earlier threads regarding an all Medallion fleet showed us the press releases in Australia had a footnote saying the Pacific Princess was an exception to that statement. However subsequent pronouncements by high-level executives at Princess, including Jan's most recent, continue to cast doubt on her fate. Of course the Pacific Princess will eventually leave the fleet, all ships do. That will make everyone who keep saying she is being sold finally correct.

We'd just like to have a better idea of when because for us and many others, planning cruises is a long range activity. As much as we'd like to be, we're just not the pick up and go types.

I suppose it's time to initiate a backup plan and book two cruises in the same time period and use the currently generous cancellation policy to let one go when the time comes.

41 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You betcha! 😁

And, seriously, snarking on a Caribill contribution?  For shame!

I'll say three Mary's  four our fathers and pray for  all the starving pygmies 😄

3 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

And ??? Are you insinuating she should publicly apologize for this unforgiveable mistake ???  Maybe she should be immediately relieved of her duties ???  🙄

No need for these comments - let’s all be kind. 🙂

• Like 1

I was also on the 12/10 webinar and the VP of Sales acknowledged that the Pacific Princess was the “outlier” in terms of Medallion Class ships and he hoped to have information in the “near future” regarding its status. 

My wife and I are also booked on the 34 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Tahiti.  We have prepaid some Princess excursions and have booked a post cruise hotel so we are keeping our fingers crossed the Pacific Princess remains in the fleet throughout 2021. 

4 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

My wife and I are also booked on the 34 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Tahiti.  We have prepaid some Princess excursions and have booked a post cruise hotel so we are keeping our fingers crossed the Pacific Princess remains in the fleet throughout 2021. 

We are on her in March of 2022 on a nearly sold out cruise. We need her in the fleet at least that long.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Jan Swartz has written the linked article below. In part of it, she asserts "Princess's entire fleet will be Medallion Class-activated" when so far indications elsewhere are that the Pacific Princess will not have that enhancement.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Preview-2021/executive-jan-swartz

Thank you, Caribill.  

I wish people would stop being so rude. Don’t you rude people have anything else to do during this awful Pandemic?  Now that I got that out… Stay safe everyone and hope to see you onboard soon!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, waltd said:

OR The Pacific Princess might not be in the fleet much longer?

That's my take on it. I agree with others that snarking on a caribill post is an unusual and unwarranted thing to see.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I wish they’d directly address the Pacific, so we wouldn’t have to keep wondering. 

Like others, I agree with you here.

On the other hand, trying to see it from Princess' point of view, there's a dilemma. If they are working on selling her, based on previous sales of the R class ships, a date for transfer to the new owner will be agreed and all cruises previously booked after that date are simply canceled, maybe with a little bit of OBC to those booked. If Princess were to admit they're working on a sale, bookings will drop off as many people simply won't book if they're not confident of sailing, much as it is today with COVID. However, if Princess were to commit that the ship wouldn't be transferred until all current offerings were fulfilled, that would really help. Probably not in the cards though as that might put off a prospective buyer who wants the ship as soon as possible. Such is life ...

• Like 2

Our bookings on the Pacific Princess in French Polynesia are the Princess Plus deal, which, of course, includes the unlimited free WiFi. Having been on the Pacific Princess in French Polynesia, I know how bad the WiFi was, and don’t expect it to be any faster. However, when it’s unlimited, it makes it a little easier to take. 

Now, if Princess installs Medallion Net on the Pacific Princess, I’m calling a realtor because we might not ever go home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Now, if Princess installs Medallion Net on the Pacific Princess, I’m calling a realtor because we might not ever go home. 

Oh, that did make me chuckle!! 🤣🤣

The French Polynesian region is absolutely stunning, might join you!! 😁😁

I've been on a couple of medallion cruises and I like it. However if a ship does not have the Medallion technology yet it would make absolutely zero difference to my cruise enjoyment.

I can't understand the disappointment that a ship doesn't have it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I've been on a couple of medallion cruises and I like it. However if a ship does not have the Medallion technology yet it would make absolutely zero difference to my cruise enjoyment.

I can't understand the disappointment that a ship doesn't have it.

It is not disappointment that the ship does not have it.

It is what does Princess mean when they say all ships have it and we know the Pacific Princess does not?

Are they giving a negative hint about the future existence of this ship?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caribill said:

It is not disappointment that the ship does not have it.

It is what does Princess mean when they say all ships have it and we know the Pacific Princess does not?

Are they giving a negative hint about the future existence of this ship?

To some it is a disappointment, based on this and other threads.

I appreciate your point about the future of the ship, especially based on the fact that you have a cruise booked on her. My comment was more based on the Medallion itself and my lack of concern as to whether a ship has the technology or not.

Hopefully your cruise will be safe. I just hope that they don't let the ship run down, knowing that she is leaving the fleet. I trust they will not.