More cancelled sailings - Princess

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I almost wish that Royal would cancel thru May 14 so I could have closure but I don't think they will deviate from the month to month scenario 

I agree.  Our final payment is a month away.  I would prefer to L&S to 2022 but I don't see that happening.  There is no way they are sailing in May.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I agree.  Our final payment is a month away.  I would prefer to L&S to 2022 but I don't see that happening.  There is no way they are sailing in May.

We are on a 6 night out of PC.  No options out of PC for us to shift to.  

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

We are on a 6 night out of PC.  No options out of PC for us to shift to.  

We are a 7 night Alaska on Quantum and could L&S to Quantum or Ovation if they would extend it.  I would love to keep the rate I have on our Sky Loft, likely the only time we will ever book one, since the rate for 2022 is more pp than I am paying total for us both.  Oh well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Short term, no interest loans.  RCI loves them!  😄 

It's seriously frustrating. They know the boat isn't going anywhere on April 11, but they still collect the money or your out your deposit. It would be one thing if it was just a small amount, but we splurged and booked the 2br grand suite for us and the kids. Not that I can't afford to pay them, but I'm out $1250 if I don't pony up another $5k for them to play with until they feel like giving it back. There's plenty of other things I'd rather do than let them hold it for me. 

• Thanks 1

We just lost May 8 on Princess.  It was already a rebook from March 14.  We rebooked again for May 22 (without a lot of hope for that one).  The price increases with every rebook, but it started out fairly inexpensive and we used two Amex offers to pay for it; if we request a refund, we will lose $200 in statement credits, so a little more motivation to keep hanging in there.

I have a final coming up in just under two weeks for an April Oasis sailing. No way is RCI getting that money. I might shift it to next year since I have a good price or maybe I'll just cancel and take my deposit. However, paying it off is no longer an option.

3 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

It's seriously frustrating. They know the boat isn't going anywhere on April 11, but they still collect the money or your out your deposit. It would be one thing if it was just a small amount, but we splurged and booked the 2br grand suite for us and the kids. Not that I can't afford to pay them, but I'm out $1250 if I don't pony up another $5k for them to play with until they feel like giving it back. There's plenty of other things I'd rather do than let them hold it for me. 

That's what we get for booking with non refundable deposits. 🤬

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Same cruise - same problem !

You know it doesn’t have to be same port, ship,  itinerary to lift & shift.  We went from Rhapsody western Caribbean out of Tampa to Harmony eastern Caribbean out of Port Canaveral.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

But you can still cancel now ahead of final...won't lose your deposit...sort of...but will gain an FCC voucher for a future cruise.  I ended up doing that with a couple of my upcoming doomed cruises...didn't feel like giving them the loan.  Though I would prefer a cash refund...but happy not

to lose it.  Did use those FCC vouchers for next year.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

That's what we get for booking with non refundable deposits. 🤬

eh...for years it worked for me.   Happy I did find homes for the multiple FCC vouchers I had. 

I am now up to date...but RCI still dragging their feet on cancelled my May 5th doomed 11 night TP from Honolulu to Vancouver.  They absolutely know that one won't, and can't go.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

This is us as well. Booked the same room on the Oasis and had to pay my final payment 2 weeks ago. Now waiting them to cancel so I can have my $8000.00 back. How nice that they get a interest free loan from me.

Edited by Hammergirl
added text

I have a 12 night end of April, Miami to Galveston.  I know this won't go based on the CDC restrictions on number of nights.  Paid part cash and part FCC and currently have a balance due.  I don't want to pay the balance, makes no sense.  If I cancel prior to final payment and have a non-refundable deposit, will I receive FCC for deposit and the remaining in cash? 

Thanks

L&S would be viable if it wasn't so limiting. We booked over the Easter Spring Break. We would be willing to L&S over Thanksgiving, but they won't do it. We are stuck taking a refund or leaving an interest free loan until April 2022. We will take the refund and book on another cruise line we can afford.