VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

5 hours ago, FredT said:

Connecticut uses the federal "VAMS" system from the CDC.....   DAMN if it's not easy and efficient!   Both my wife and I went onto it the day we became eligible (CT is strictly by age) and had out first shots within a day.  (AND, when we got home each time there was already an e-mail from VAMS asking us to schedule shot # 2)   Unfortunately there are WAY too many states playing politics with this whole thing and screwing up the system...  Being literally next door to NY and NJ, we see the results of politicians all trying to get their fingers into the pie.

I agree, Fred.  I'm in CT also and wife and I got our first shots already and second shot will be March 10.

I called the toll free number and waited on hold for over an hour, but it was worth the wait.  Lady that answered was polite and efficient.  Made both appointments while on that call.  

The actual site was at Wesleyan in Middletown, about 25 minutes from me.  It was a drive-thru clinic manned by the National Guard, and could not have been better organized.  We were an hour early for our appointment, but taken right in.  Arrival to departure 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, sandiego1 said:

There are HUNDREDS of appointments available at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on 3/1, 3/2, 3/3, and 3/4. You can sign up now. Here's a screen shot of the availability on 3/4 (every 5 minutes).

I work there once or twice/week. I was there last Wed and a friend worked on Tues. They did 1500 vaccines on Tues. On Wed they did about 800. There were long waits on Tues but none on Wed.

image.thumb.png.dc38985aaab2479207771cec7aca07f4.png

Checked at 6:30 PM  Feb 28 ,2021  &  no available appointments show up  .We will try once again tomorrow in early AM 

21 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Checked at 6:30 PM  Feb 28 ,2021  &  no available appointments show up  .We will try once again tomorrow in early AM 

BTW we use this web site to get a appt : myturn.ca.gov 

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

BTW we use this web site to get a appt : myturn.ca.gov 

My friends have had good success getting local CVS appointments in the last week at the CVS website here:

COVID Vaccine (COVID-19 Immunization Updates) | CVS Pharmacy

Tonight, as of this moment there are numerous appointments around San Diego for March 2nd and beyond.

If you don't get the location you want try again......there are lots of appointments opening even compared to a couple weeks ago.

Good luck,

~Nancy

• Like 1

Today Connecticut opened vaccinnes up to those 55 and older (was 65 and older before 01 March)   Going to a mostly aged based system is very easy to administer and avoids the "what about our group"  complaints.  Plus age is the most significant factor in covid deaths.....period.

I was able to sign up and get an appointment within a week for Dose 1. Things are moving very fast here.  The two major health care providers in state seem to be providing the lion's share of shots.

Perhaps we will be able to travel this summer!  Feeling better about my October sailing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

My friends have had good success getting local CVS appointments in the last week at the CVS website here:

COVID Vaccine (COVID-19 Immunization Updates) | CVS Pharmacy

Tonight, as of this moment there are numerous appointments around San Diego for March 2nd and beyond.

If you don't get the location you want try again......there are lots of appointments opening even compared to a couple weeks ago.

Good luck,

~Nancy

We keep checking CVS web site  ,www.cvs.com/coronavurys  & when we go to California there are no   vaccine shots appointments ever  .

As far as  the Fairgrounds at Del Mar is concerned  ,checking 7:3- AM ,not appointments 

We can honestly tell people how frustrating  it can be .

Seems to me some people are just lucky that they have gotten the vaccine wjile others  are not so lucky . but ,my question is why should luck play a part in getting  any   vaccine  .To me  this is just not right . Our governments should be better prepared  ,especially ,if they want people to  get the vaccine  shots   & not  have to scramble all the time or just be lucky 

Anther issue is  my time is valuable &  I will not waste my time to get frustrated about catch as catch can situation  .some folks have the time & make decisions to go that route .Then some of us just don't  .so we wear our masks & go about as we have for the last year  until  the vendors & government agencies get it all together . BTW ,my doctor ,a one man show will not be getting this vaccine 

If I remember correctly you are over 80.   You should be at the front of the line.   Your doctor should have some affiliation with a Health Provider or better yet a Hospital.   Call one of these two to get an appointment.     Most of the over 75s and 65s have gotten vaccinated in California.   They are getting ready to vaccinate Farm Workers etc.    Reach out to a relative or trusted friend who can assist you with online appointments.

55 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

If I remember correctly you are over 80.   You should be at the front of the line.   Your doctor should have some affiliation with a Health Provider or better yet a Hospital.   Call one of these two to get an appointment.     Most of the over 75s and 65s have gotten vaccinated in California.   They are getting ready to vaccinate Farm Workers etc.    Reach out to a relative or trusted friend who can assist you with online appointments.

Hospital s are petrie dishes .I had a    very long time friend  who was  hospitalized  for 2 months & wound up with Covid   .He passed away from it . You truly need to think things out  .Hospitals are the very worst  places for any one to visit during a pandemic  .I live in a senior condo asscociation of over 500 units . Most people here have not gotten  the vaccine due to limited supplies . You need to read  local newspapers 

• Like 1

Most hospitals do not want you in the main hospital.   They do it on the ground floor somewhere else double masking tightly controlled and by appointment only.   Where I got mine at UCSF Medical they did it in convention center.   I definitely agree with you in not going to the hospital but we were in and out in less than one hour at the convention center ground floor - no elevator.  UC San Diego Medical is quite reputable.   Ask where UC San Diego Medical do vaccination and decide if you want to make an appointment and go there.  Or you may want to wait for something more suitable to your liking.

Edited by SFO PETER

59 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Hospital s are petrie dishes .I had a    very long time friend  who was  hospitalized  for 2 months & wound up with Covid   .He passed away from it . You truly need to think things out  .Hospitals are the very worst  places for any one to visit during a pandemic  .I live in a senior condo asscociation of over 500 units . Most people here have not gotten  the vaccine due to limited supplies . You need to read  local newspapers 

Just to say that  I received mine from a hospital.  We were no where near any part of the hospital that had sick people in it.  In fact we were across the street from the main hospital building in the research center.  They used the main lobby and one other room.   We were no way exposed to people who were patients in the hospital.  I knew this before we went.  I was told by the person who called from the hospital what building we would be in. Believe me, I thought not wanting to go inside a hospital too.

Very sorry to hear about your friend.  Sorry for your lost of a friend. 

I hope in time you can get the vaccine in a place that you feel safe.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

My BIL and his wife in Montreal got their first shot last week. BC will announce more details of their roll out tomorrow. Since they are working their way by age groups last they announced, I’m cautiously holding out hope for August, if availability improves. 

Yes, I think that will be about it for us.  First dose possibly by the end of March (we're in our 80's), but then, unfortunately, Dr. Bonnie is planning to delay second doses for four months - so that will be the end of July before we get ours, and then another 3 weeks or so to be fully immunized.  

I know what you’re going through. Mcrcruiser!  My second shot was cancelled two weeks ago due to no moderna available. I’ve been checking all sites 10 times a day at least with no luck. I’m now two weeks late getting it and weary of the tedious process to try and book an appointment. Just a thought for you—Try calling 211 for help. Laurie

37 minutes ago, lstrong said:

I know what you’re going through. Mcrcruiser!  My second shot was cancelled two weeks ago due to no moderna available. I’ve been checking all sites 10 times a day at least with no luck. I’m now two weeks late getting it and weary of the tedious process to try and book an appointment. Just a thought for you—Try calling 211 for help. Laurie

Whomever gave you the first shot should be prioritizing you for the second....you should be dealing direct with them. Some will just tell you to show up for your second. 

1 hour ago, lstrong said:

Did you receive your first dose through UCSD - Petco Park? If so, you should have been automatically rescheduled. I've been rescheduled twice because of shortages. UCSD should have sent you a text and/or an email to check MyUCSDchart.ucsd.edu for your appt. time. If you received through another source, like Cruiser Bruce stated, you should get in contact with the provider. 

4 hours ago, lstrong said:

Our second shots were supposed to be 10 days ago, 2/19. We received a call the day before rescheduling them to today at the same times. They did call today and ask if we could come in earlier. Because of when DW gets home from her teaching job, we only could get there about a half hour earlier.

They were even more efficient than when we got our first vaccines as they gave you a slip of paper to tell you when your 15 minute waiting time was done. There was also someone wiping down the chairs both the one you sat on for your shot and the one you sat on for your wait. I did not notice that the first time, but DW said she remembered it happening then also.

• Like 1

I received my 2nd Pfizer shot today at UW Medicine in Renton, WA.  It was very efficient and I was in and out in 20 minutes including the 15 rest time after the shot.  Not bragging; just thankful to have this behind me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lstrong said:

Try right now if you can for Del Mar Fairgrounds. Appts available 3/8

image.thumb.png.3d78fd69bab08f6e63bb04dca9ef5468.png

Edited by sandiego1

5 hours ago, lstrong said:

Thanks Laurie    for your  empathy  . It is 6:05PM  & nothing avail able  that is doable for us . good thing I don't get night mares about illusive  vaccines & inefficient government agencies  & or  delayed  vaccine deliveries . In reality far too many questions   imo   .We got a report just today that only 10% of San Diego county has actually received the vaccines  .Hmm what does that tell us  .It tells us there have been many delays as here it is March 1st  & that 10% includes essential workers ,front line ie 

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thanks Laurie    for your  empathy  . It is 6:05PM  & nothing avail able  that is doable for us . good thing I don't get night mares about illusive  vaccines & inefficient government agencies  & or  delayed  vaccine deliveries . In reality far too many questions   imo   .We got a report just today that only 10% of San Diego county has actually received the vaccines  .Hmm what does that tell us  .It tells us there have been many delays as here it is March 1st  & that 10% includes essential workers ,front line ie 

In context...about 7.5% of the US population has completed the two shot series, so it tells you San Diego is ahead actually. My county is closer to the 7.5%.

And, today, prior to the Johnson vaccine being issued, the US tripped over the 100 million doses distributed level.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Btimmer said:

I received my 2nd Pfizer shot today at UW Medicine in Renton, WA.  It was very efficient and I was in and out in 20 minutes including the 15 rest time after the shot.  Not bragging; just thankful to have this behind me.

We were also out in about 20 minutes including the 15 minute wait time.

The only thing that does not work is the sticker they give you that says you got your Covid vaccine at the Sullivan County Clinic; it just does not stay stuck for very long.🤣