VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

14 hours ago, Lido - Lanai said:

Mom... remember.... the vaccine does not prevent you from getting COVID, it only minimizes, or hopefully eliminates the side effects that most encounter if they catch it. 

We need to say this over and over again ..

We are getting excited as our group (we are group 4) will be eligible to be jabbed March 24th.  It’s ironic that one criteria is if you have smoked 100 cigarettes anytime in your life you move up from group 5 to group 4.  That means smoking as a teenager was good for me ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We are getting excited as our group (we are group 4) will be eligible to be jabbed March 24th.  It’s ironic that one criteria is if you have smoked 100 cigarettes anytime in your life you move up from group 5 to group 4.  That means smoking as a teenager was good for me ???? 

It depends on what you smoked.😁

I wonder what would keep someone from lying about how many cigarettes they smoked in their lifetime in order to get their vaccinations quicker.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder what would keep someone from lying about how many cigarettes they smoked in their lifetime in order to get their vaccinations quicker.

It seems like an open door doesn’t it.

31 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I am not of the age and received my vaccines in January based on a medical condition.  I was never asked for proof of my condition.  

15 hours ago, idiebabe said:

We had 1st Dose at Walgreens last week and 2nd one Scheduled.   Today  I was able to schedule my Daughter and her Husband (we own a Restaurant and they are in 1B) for Tuesday at Convention Center which is a DHEC Mobile Site and McCleod Location although McMaster said no Appointments can be made until Monday.  

Good Luck on getting the Appointments!  

Thanks for that update on the scheduling, I went back on the DHEC Site and it is accepting 55 and older for appointments. So I was able to schedule appointments for both DW and I for this Saturday. Only have to drive 70 miles each way to get it, but for us we will consider it a good day spent.  Have to see what we get, but we will take whatever we can get at this point. 

19 minutes ago, drowelf said:

Thanks for that update on the scheduling, I went back on the DHEC Site and it is accepting 55 and older for appointments. So I was able to schedule appointments for both DW and I for this Saturday. Only have to drive 70 miles each way to get it, but for us we will consider it a good day spent.  Have to see what we get, but we will take whatever we can get at this point. 

You're Welcome!  That's great and I'm really happy to hear it all worked out for you both and, yes,  definitely worth the drive!  😀    

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder how high a chain smoker like my sister would move up - she likely has smoked 1,000,000 cigs in her lifetime!

Got my 2nd Moderna shot today, so glad it's done.  We were about 40 min in total here in Concord NH!  

I think it's already been said on this thread that you shouldn't laminate your vaccination card... we were told in case there is a booster shot sometime in the future.  At any rate we wanted to protect our cards so we ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/KEYLION-Horizontal-Waterproof-Resealable-Multiple/dp/B06XVN1HDR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1LTLG0C7T8CNZ&dchild=1&keywords=keylion+10+pack+large&qid=1614891934&sprefix=zealion+10+pack%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

They fit perfectly and even can be used as a lanyard if need be.

We also looked on the CDC site for our 'certificate of vaccination'.  It has the same info as the card; dates, type of vaccine and lot number.  I suppose this information could be linked up to a database (with an individual's permission) to make something like an electronic vaccine passport, I don't know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Got my 2nd Moderna shot today, so glad it's done.  We were about 40 min in total here in Concord NH!  

I think it's already been said on this thread that you shouldn't laminate your vaccination card... we were told in case there is a booster shot sometime in the future.  At any rate we wanted to protect our cards so we ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/KEYLION-Horizontal-Waterproof-Resealable-Multiple/dp/B06XVN1HDR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1LTLG0C7T8CNZ&dchild=1&keywords=keylion+10+pack+large&qid=1614891934&sprefix=zealion+10+pack%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

We also looked on the CDC site for our 'certificate of vaccination'.  It has the same info as the card; dates, type of vaccine and lot number.  I suppose this information could be linked up to a database (with an individual's permission) to make something like an electronic vaccine passport, I don't know.

Thanks for the info! 😀 Just ordered them!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I wonder how high a chain smoker like my sister would move up - she likely has smoked 1,000,000 cigs in her lifetime!

If true, she can go to the front of the line!

3 hours ago, drowelf said:

We had to drive about 14 miles each way, but unlike us, you do not have to worry about snowy roads on your drive. 

Enjoy your (hopefully scenic) drive, and congratulations on getting the appointments.

39 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Seems to me that those  clear plastic holders are very similar to our reusable bag tags  ;which we love . 

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

If true, she can go to the front of the line!

Lets see = 2 packs a day = 40 cigs.  

40 x 365 days x 50 years = 730,000.

So I was off a bit, but not THAT much.  She should still be at the front of the line IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I think it’s like the Carnival Stockholders Benefit - you need a minimum of 100 to be in, but anything above that doesn’t get you anything extra.😄

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I think it’s like the Carnival Stockholders Benefit - you need a minimum of 100 to be in, but anything above that doesn’t get you anything extra.😄

Maybe it could get you on a list for a lung transplant (if such a thing exists).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

Can you please provide the link for the CDC certificate of Vaccination. I have an electronic record on my phone from our local health dept. They insisted the CDC was not keeping track of who got the shots.

6 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

It was suggested locally that you take a picture of your card with your cell phone. We did that immediately/

1 hour ago, Laminator said:

Can you please provide the link for the CDC certificate of Vaccination. I have an electronic record on my phone from our local health dept. They insisted the CDC was not keeping track of who got the shots.

I accessed it through the vams cdc site.  Our state used vams to make appointments.  I think 10 states used it the rest (we were told) used their own vaccine database.  I don't know how or if individual states connect with the cdc sites.

This is the site I accessed our records and got my 'vaccine certificate'.

https://vams.cdc.gov/vaccineportal/s/login/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fvaccineportal%2Fs%2F

This might be a good question to ask if you live in a state that didn't use the CDC site to schedule appointments...will your data (or has it already been) uploaded to them.

1 hour ago, Cruise NH said:

I accessed it through the vams cdc site.  Our state used vams to make appointments.  I think 10 states used it the rest (we were told) used their own vaccine database.  I don't know how or if individual states connect with the cdc sites.

This is the site I accessed our records and got my 'vaccine certificate'.

https://vams.cdc.gov/vaccineportal/s/login/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fvaccineportal%2Fs%2F

This might be a good question to ask if you live in a state that didn't use the CDC site to schedule appointments...will your data (or has it already been) uploaded to them.

Thank You...After further research it appears not all States have agreed to send the CDC their data on covid vax. Indiana does not utilize that site. Maybe a good thing as we are now doing age 50 and over as of today. As long as I have my electronic record I am pleased. 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:47 AM, CruiserBruce said:

Pharmacies will be (in our area, CVS, Walgreens and Safeway pharmacies have contracts) but, at least in California, thus far, all of the vaccines have gone to essential workers, (no vaccines to the general public yet) so giving the shots in hospital settings is easy, and to nursing home staff and residents, so giving in those locations is easy.

Northern California has been doing mass vaccinations at places like county fairgrounds, large medical group offices, and Moscone Center in SF. My county has been making appts and vaccinating county residents (have to show ID with address) 65 or older for weeks. I got the 1st shot two weeks ago, 2nd shot will be on Wednesday.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss
  • Like 1

Just now, Cruising Is Bliss said:

Northern San Francisco Bay Area is doing mass vaccinations at places like county fairgrounds and Moscone Center in SF. vaccinating anyone 65 or older.

Note that post was almost two months ago. Things have changed. 

Here in Mass they claim to be doing vaccinations,  by appointment only.  Appointments, however, are very elusive.  I try to get one every day for three weeks now, no success, always shows no appointments available. 

Edited by crusinbanjo

47 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Here in Mass they claim to be doing vaccinations,  by appointment only.  Appointments, however, are very elusive.  I try to get one every day for three weeks now, no success, always shows no appointments available. 

The other day someone locally suggested that CVS had appointment times you checked their web site.  Probably not true at the moment.  But perhaps something will open up next week?    I haven’t tried yet as I don’t qualify yet.