Sailings now cancelled through April 30

@Ourusualbeach I'm booked with an FCC from a previous cancellation from April 2020 for May 5 2021.  Can I cancel and take the FCC back and turn it back into a refund.  I'd rather not wait for two months for this cancellation.  I'd like to just get the cash and book other cruises.

Edited by Tree_skier

4 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Not sure if I can post links here... But while I can't find it on the RCI website, the Royal Caribbean blog site, as well as many others, have the news.

I got the e-mail this am cancelling our April 16th cruise. We had paid 1/2 of the final payment already, I am guessing we only get 125% of the half plus deposit we placed on these Grand suite reservations.wondering if anyone had an idea on this???

4 hours ago, little britain said:

There goes Odyssey's maiden in April......

Surely the only people who booked that did it with a view to getting yet another FCC. Can't believe anyone thought it would go ahead 😂

31 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

wow.. you are still on this.. can't be proven wrong huh.. go back and check post #40, then check post #47.. my 1st post about it mentioned majesty.. 

I responded to one post where you posted what I said was wrong.  You did not mention majesty in that post.  Sorry for not keeping track of all your various posts earlier in the thread.  Perhaps you should have been clearer on what you meant when you told me my post was wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

@Ourusualbeach I'm booked with an FCC from a previous cancellation from April 2020 for May 5 2021.  Can I cancel and take the FCC back and turn it back into a refund.  I'd rather not wait for two months for this cancellation.  I'd like to just get the cash and book other cruises.

You will have to wait until Royal cancels the May 5 cruise before you can convert an applied FCC into a refund. 

If you cancel now the FCC gets reissued.

• Thanks 2

Interesting - my agent just called to request a refund for my March 13th cruise and they told her it is still pending. She has to wait until it is cancelled before I can request a refund. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long does it take to go into cancelled status?

Edited by Hammergirl

I just moved my Apr 25th Asia cruise on Ovation yesterday. Moved to same ship, Mar2022 to NZ. Same booking number and kept my $200 OBC, plus money already put down. My May2021 TP was a bit more difficult since the rep told me I couldn’t do it, since it was a May cruise, even though website offered several L&S options in Apr...I just did it on the website, and waiting confirmation. I plan on doing the TP after NZ, and I want the same cabin, so will just call to change cabin.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I responded to one post where you posted what I said was wrong.  You did not mention majesty in that post.  Sorry for not keeping track of all your various posts earlier in the thread.  Perhaps you should have been clearer on what you meant when you told me my post was wrong. 

well I was pretty clear on the 1st post,. and then you responded with my quote on #47,(which mentions majesty in it) and I didn't know I had to keep repeating the ship. Listen.. all of us just want to get back to cruising.. that's what's makes most of us happy.. just keep your fingers crossed that we can  all cruise soon again .. peace 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Too bad...although it's so hard not to make changes when you have the option.

But on the other hand your price was protected right?

I am wondering the same thing...had an amazing price on our Grand Suite on the cancelled Adventure. We had already paid half, and we were due for final payment this weekend. Do we also get 125% on the deposits?

4 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for posting. I noticed that they used to cancel one month at a time.  These past two cancellations, they've cancelled 2 months at a time.  Sad, but smart move.

and next time - 4 at a time, then 8 at a time, then 16... soon enough there will be 2035 on horizon to "re-start" cruising (as someone wrote).  How many hard-core cruisers will still be alive by then?  So much for "flattering the curve" and "life in a basement".

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Interesting - my agent just called to request a refund for my March 13th cruise and they told her it is still pending. She has to wait until it is cancelled before I can request a refund. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long does it take to go into cancelled status?

Is your cancelled March cruise still showing up in your upcoming cruises ?

In the past, as long as the cruise was showing up in your upcoming list, it had still not been officially cancelled by Royal.  For a while, they weren't officially cancelling the cruise until the day that it would have returned to port.  I'm not sure they are still doing it that way.

4 minutes ago, andy2032 said:

Heard from a friend yesterday that is a bartender with Royal. 

He just signed a contract with Royal to start on June 1 on Independence of the seas. Hope this means they are finally going to start sailing again. 

YIPPEE !!!  This is the kind of intel that we need to hear.  It's the best indication, IMO, that things are moving forward.  I do realize that crew must be replenished from time-to-time, even if the public isn't  cruising yet, but bartenders signing on, one would think, would be a very good indication that they may be thinking of cruising for the public !!

7 minutes ago, andy2032 said:

He just signed a contract with Royal to start on June 1 on Independence of the seas. Hope this means they are finally going to start sailing again. 

Love hearing this, I have summer cruises booked on Indy. 

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Is your cancelled March cruise still showing up in your upcoming cruises ?

In the past, as long as the cruise was showing up in your upcoming list, it had still not been officially cancelled by Royal.  For a while, they weren't officially cancelling the cruise until the day that it would have returned to port.  I'm not sure they are still doing it that way.

Yes - it is still showing in my upcoming cruises. I sure hope they do not wait to officially cancel until March. If it is stated by Royal that the cruise has been cancelled, then I want my money back now. I have $7000.00 tied up in this cruise.

Edited by Hammergirl
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Yes - it is still showing in my upcoming cruises. I sure hope they do not wait to officially cancel until March. If it is stated by Royal that the cruise has been cancelled, then I want my money back now. I have $7000.00 tied up in this cruise.

UGH.  That's what I was afraid of.  I think (but hope I'm wrong) that the refund process will not even start until that cruise is no longer listed in your upcoming cruises. Unfortunately, this has been my experience.  Hope you have better luck.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, andy2032 said:

Maybe contracts are dated first of the month for accounting or orientation/training purposes, but Independence is in the middle of a cruise on June 1.

21 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

UGH.  That's what I was afraid of.  I think (but hope I'm wrong) that the refund process will not even start until that cruise is no longer listed in your upcoming cruises. Unfortunately, this has been my experience.  Hope you have better luck.

My Sept. 2021 Empress cruise (and everyone else's Empress and Majesty cruises) was cancelled Dec. 16th. My deposit was credited to my Visa on Jan. 5. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, andy2032 said:

I’m not doubting you but I think we heard from that same bartender a few months back. 😇

• Haha 1

Well my June 13 cruise is hanging by a thread, vaccine distribution and administration is about to speed way up. Hopefully this will save my cruise(and everyone else). My logical brain says probably no sailing in North America until July 1 and sailing will  require proof of vaccination.

-Paul

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Maybe contracts are dated first of the month for accounting or orientation/training purposes, but Independence is in the middle of a cruise on June 1.

I doubt the May/June cruises would go.  I suspect his contract will begin on June 1 with cruising to commence by July 1 with Quarantine and new protocol training taking most of June.

14 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

Well my June 13 cruise is hanging by a thread, vaccine distribution and administration is about to speed way up. Hopefully this will save my cruise(and everyone else). My logical brain says probably no sailing in North America until July 1 and sailing will  require proof of vaccination.

-Paul

Speed way up?  We can only speculate.  But for the sake of argument, project California can vaccinate 100,000 per day.  With population of 40 mil. And two shots each, it will take 800 days (400 days x 2).  Or maybe herd immunity at 75% vaccinated, so 600 days (300 x 2).

So many factors to achieve success but very sobering.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Speed way up?  We can only speculate.  But for the sake of argument, project California can vaccinate 100,000 per day.  With population of 40 mil. And two shots each, it will take 800 days (400 days x 2).  Or maybe herd immunity at 75% vaccinated, so 600 days (300 x 2).

So many factors to achieve success but very sobering.

Well, there are over 9 million children in California  so you have to deduct them.  Plus, John and Johnson's vaccine is only 1 shot and they will be seeking FDA eua approval in early February.

Edited by Crazy planning mom
  • Like 1