Sailings now cancelled through April 30

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Everyone wants it. I'm not sure they should be before elderly. Dallas called up 1B to fair park and we went monday. My dad backed out age 102. It was just too much and my mom age 94 with copd had to wait for a golf cart. So many elderly there and it was a very very long walk. 2 bldgs used. 2nd was to watch for 15 minutes after. Lots there over age 90. They really need a drive thru but with wheelchairs and golf carts managed but still was tough.

Who is to say who is more important? Our elderly parents or children and teachers. If you put every front line worker first, the elderly continue to die as this group has a higher death rate. I'm for protecting the most vulnerable. Not kids because they have a stronger teachers union.

Our vaccine facility let my 87yo mom wait inside out of the weather while I waited her place in line. Once I got in after a 2 hour wait, she went right in for her vaccine. 

M8

Cuomo in NY says 14 weeks to complete phase 1a and 1b and is blaming the Fed. government.  I am in the Hudson Valley and am eligible both by age and medical issues; there are no vaccines available.  At present, my County (which is fairly rural)  has 1/4 of the needed doses to inoculate its 1a and 1b residents (36,000) with their first dose, so it's going to be a long wait. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Cuomo in NY says 14 weeks to complete phase 1a and 1b and is blaming the Fed. government.  I am in the Hudson Valley and am eligible both by age and medical issues; there are no vaccines available.  At present, my County (which is fairly rural)  has 1/4 of the needed doses to inoculate its 1a and 1b residents (36,000) with their first dose, so it's going to be a long wait. 

My 90 year old mother is in Westchester and still has no word of when she can get the vaccine

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Cuomo in NY says 14 weeks to complete phase 1a and 1b and is blaming the Fed. government.   

What a clown.  He blames everyone else but himself.  Even De Blasio criticized him as his instructions/orders were so strict.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

My 90 year old mother is in Westchester and still has no word of when she can get the vaccine

All of us who are waiting to schedule an appointment were told we could register on the state "Am I Eligible" website and we will be "notified" when a vaccine appointment is available.  

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Funny how other governors (like Justice in WV) have managed to get every shot available in every willing arm without whining about the federal government.  It seems all that Cuomo really wants to happen is for the feds to send him a big check before he releases the citizens of New York that he's holding as hostages until he gets a bail out. BTW, NY ranks #28 in % of available doses administered (WV is #3), but at least NY is ahead of Califiornia (#44)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Funny how other governors (like Justice in WV) have managed to get every shot available in every willing arm without whining about the federal government.  It seems all that Cuomo really wants to happen is for the feds to send him a big check before he releases the citizens of New York that he's holding as hostages until he gets a bail out. BTW, NY ranks #28 in % of available doses administered (WV is #3), but at least NY is ahead of Califiornia (#44)

Yep funny how that works.  Bet his brother will never question him on air about any of this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Where do we stand in Florida?  Not so high I believe.  

My father called the VA yesterday. He is 88ys old. They told him that they will call him in a few weeks. I got a text message from NYU Langone to refrain from calling your doctor for the vaccine as supplies are limited. Patients must be ringing the phones off of the wall.  My wife has been getting calls from high profile patients who donate trying to pull their weight.  My wife basically tells them that the Langone's have to wait in line like everyone else.

• Thanks 1

All of us who are waiting to schedule an appointment were told we could register on the state "Am I Eligible" website and we will be "notified" when a vaccine appointment is available.  

I tried to do that for my parents and I didn't even get an email confirming that they got it.

45 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Where do we stand in Florida?  Not so high I believe.  

From what I have been reading here on cruise critic which I realize isn't the best source, It seems like it's going well even if you have to camp out overnight in some counties.

My MIL (88) lives in an IL apartment in a senior community/complex here in VA. The LTC/memory care/asst living got their shots a couple of weeks ago as they are considered "nursing homes:.  The IL received 350 doses (CVS is giving them) this week for a complex that has 1500 residents.  They did a lottery of the people who had previously submitted a request for a shot.  My MIL won the lottery and got her shot yesterday.  Now, she'll worry until her second shot on 3 Feb, that it won't happen or something because that's what she spends all her time doing, worrying.  My parents live in their own home at 83 and they don't know when they'll get the shot since VA is way down the list, like #46 in dispensing it.

As for Cuomo, he always blames everyone else, even when he is breaking his own rules and takes ZERO personal responsibility for anything.  My MIL's siblings (85-90) all live in NYC (Queens and the Bronx) and they have heard nothing and they all have major health issues.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Orange County seems to be a lot better than Volusia is at distributing their vaccines

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

From what I have been reading here on cruise critic which I realize isn't the best source, It seems like it's going well even if you have to camp out overnight in some counties.

It was one county - Volusia - and they quickly changed to a "by appointment only" model, and are now telling people with appointments to show up no more than one hour before their scheduled time. I guess that's one of the reasons I like living in Florida, and why I don't miss living in New York (lived there for 50years).At least down here when we see a problem we try to find a solution.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Orange County seems to be a lot better than Volusia is at distributing their vaccines

Brevard still not taking any further appointments.  My appointment (got extremely lucky here) is at 3:30 today at Brevard County Health Dept.    Will post later if that went as planned.  😮 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It was one county - Volusia - and they quickly changed to a "by appointment only" model, and are now telling people with appointments to show up no more than one hour before their scheduled time. I guess that's one of the reasons I like living in Florida, and why I don't miss living in New York (lived there for 50years).At least down here when we see a problem we try to find a solution.

When they called me back (twice) to tell me they needed birth date, I asked the rep on the phone how early I need to get in line for my appointment (drive through)..."An hour or more?" I asked.  She replied "Gosh no, don't come that early, just 15 minutes before your appointment at the most.  We have it spaced out well".  

OK will find out shortly later today if that was indeed the right response.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Brevard still not taking any further appointments.  My appointment (got extremely lucky here) is at 3:30 today at Brevard County Health Dept.    Will post later if that went as planned.  😮 

Good luck  Our Publix is now taking appointments but of course they are all full for now

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

When they called me back (twice) to tell me they needed birth date, I asked the rep on the phone how early I need to get in line for my appointment (drive through)..."An hour or more?" I asked.  She replied "Gosh no, don't come that early, just 15 minutes before your appointment at the most.  We have it spaced out well".  

OK will find out shortly later today if that was indeed the right response.  

Osceola County told us the same thing yesterday when they called to schedule our second shots. When we received the first dose, we had a time slot from 10:00-11:00, got there about 9:40, and spent about 30 minutes in line (drive through) before we got the shots - we were back on the road by 11:00. What we were told yesterday was don't show up any earlier than the hour of your appointment (i.e. if you have an appointment slot that goes from 9:00-10:00, don't show up before 9:00).

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Was your cruise still showing up under your cruises? Mine is and so agent said it has not officially been put into cancelled status and is only in "pending" status. 

Yes. I called within a few hours of the cancellation announcement. I had 3 bookings for the same cruise (9 people and 2 cabins) and they were all still showing when they allowed me to cancel. 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Commission on FCC is only paid when the cruise actually sails.  Commission on cash towards the reservation is paid when the reservation is paid in full. 

Well mine was paid in full cash deposit and fcc. I'm confused. Paid on cash deposit?

I hope TAs got paid. It's not their fault, they did the work.