Sailings now cancelled through April 30

I have no confidence that anything Sacramento does will be done efficiently or at any great speed.  With this I speak having dealt with those bureaucrats, on several issues, for several years.  If it takes 3 months in Texas it'll take 9 months in California. If it'll take 1 year in Florida it'll take 3 years in California.  Nothing they do is done quickly.  It will cost twice as much also.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Well, there are over 9 million children in California  so you have to deduct them.  Plus, John and Johnson's vaccine is only 1 shot and they will be seeking FDA eua approval in early February.

I just read Los Angeles will require children to be vaccinated in order to attend school.  So I do not agree they can be subtracted from the total.

8 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I just read Los Angeles will require children to be vaccinated in order to attend school.  So I do not agree they can be subtracted from the total.

They can do them later after the grownups. :classic_smile: The 50-64 year olds is going to be the largest logistical group. 

2 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Interesting - my agent just called to request a refund for my March 13th cruise and they told her it is still pending. She has to wait until it is cancelled before I can request a refund. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long does it take to go into cancelled status?

I called before noon this morning to request a refund on my 4/11 Freedom sailing and had no problem. I'd try again. 

2 hours ago, andy2032 said:

Heard from a friend yesterday that is a bartender with Royal. 

He just signed a contract with Royal to start on June 1 on Independence of the seas. Hope this means they are finally going to start sailing again. 

Cruise critic is full of posts from the last six months about somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who has a contract to be on the ship in the next 30-60-90 days, i’ve not heard of any of these individuals whose contract was actually executed. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

How can they do that if the vaccine hasnt been tested on children?

Testing is ongoing  right now for the age group of 12 to 18 I believe

EUA will be achieved by summer and I’m sure vaccination will be a requirement for attendance in most public school systems by next year

3 hours ago, Bobal said:

Surely the only people who booked that did it with a view to getting yet another FCC. Can't believe anyone thought it would go ahead 😂

They probably booked when the itinerary was released. Probably over a year ago.  

37 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Cruise critic is full of posts from the last six months about somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who has a contract to be on the ship in the next 30-60-90 days, i’ve not heard of any of these individuals whose contract was actually executed. 

We’ve heard the Bartender on Indy before. 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m not doubting you but I think we heard from that same bartender a few months back. 😇

Read that thread as well has other similar threads on other boards. And yet here we sit.  I think the vaccine is holding a lot up. We are so close that it doesn't pay for the cruise lines to take the risk of sailing before they know that the crew can all be vaccinated.

• Like 2

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Read that thread as well has other similar threads on other boards. And yet here we sit.  I think the vaccine is holding a lot up. We are so close that it doesn't pay for the cruise lines to take the risk of sailing before they know that the crew can all be vaccinated.

Fain has already come out and said that the cruise lines plans for a restart have changed dramatically since the rollout of the vaccine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

The reservation number is not eligible for Request a Refund.. this request date ended on Dec 31, 2020.....

Anyone else getting this??

Thanks

We've got this too. :classic_unsure:

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Fain has already come out and said that the cruise lines plans for a restart have changed dramatically since the rollout of the vaccine. 

So does that mean that they are waiting and the reason for more cancellations?

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

They probably booked when the itinerary was released. Probably over a year ago.  

It was released as an an additional itinerary  - in October 2020! Hence my comment.

• Like 1

The J&J vaccine will come out soon and is just one shot, The Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine will most likely be approved in the US by early April. The new administration will invoke the defense production act ASAP so both Pfizer and Moderna can produce vaccines faster. 

The Federal Gov't has ordered 600 million doses from these 4 manufacturers. Both supply and vaccinations will speed up soon. Instead of keeping them in stock they are now giving to anyone over 65.

Stay Safe and get your shot ASAP.

-Paul

• Like 1