Sailings now cancelled through April 30

23 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Thanks KEn.  As always you are on top of the news.

Are they allowing lift and shifts into May 2022 for those April sailings since it is +/- 4 weeks?

My TA is L&S my Easter '21 sail to Easter '22.  Now I'm getting concerned with my Sept. 5 sail on Oasis from Bayonne.

24 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

It's pretty clear what this thing is and people still have a hard time accepting that the vast majority of people who die avg 2.5 comorbidities and are over the age of 80.  Yes, I am aware there are outliers.  

Outliers make for the best news stories!😇

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It actually was not on Royals website when I posted and the other person asked me.  Royal sent the notice to TA's before posting on their website

Ahhh...thanks...the privileged few.  😉  

Actually curious now...what is the time line between the TA advanced notice and the notice that is posted on RCI website?  

Edited by island lady

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

You can always pull up RCI website and click on "health and travel alerts" for the latest. 

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It actually was not on Royals website when I posted and the other person asked me.  Royal sent the notice to TA's before posting on their website

It's on the website as of this morning.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Didnt NY or someplace already announce covid test will be required for schools to reopen. I'd have to google who said it but some state already said kids will require covid vaccination.  

Testing, maybe. As said without an existing approved Vaccine and try give it to millions kids by July/Aug. They can say it but can't see it happening. Be lucky if existing Vaccine is available for me but Summer

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Testing, maybe. As said without an existing approved Vaccine and try give it to millions kids by July/Aug. They can say it but can't see it happening

I think that's the point, they will be doing zoom, the teachers assoc doesnt want in person classes.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I think that's the point, they will be doing zoom, the teachers assoc doesnt want in person classes.

My school district has been in person all year. Kids 10 and under don't have to wear masks. We've had zero in-school transmission of covid and less than 2 dozen kids/teachers/staff across the whole district who missed school due to covid or potential covid exposure.

Teachers unions are doing extreme harm to their students by refusing to go back into the classroom

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Depends on case numbers and State/Union's. Many kids been attending since July, some schools online. My Grand Daughters school gave choice which one they/Parents want to do, and this in high case State of Az. But as said a non-existing Vaccine required within 6 months for kids, dont see it.

Edited by ONECRUISER

Seriously, large venues such as Dodger Stadium, Oakland Coliseum, Forty-Niners stadium in Santa Clara are being discussed as mass vaccination sites in California. Able to handle about 12K a day I heard.

Plus CDC now says give shots to anyone over 65, and any adult who qualifies with an underlying condition. So yes things are about to speed way up.

-Paul

2 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

www.cdc.gov - much better info than the TV.  Or just stay in your eco chamber !  Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

778652395_ScreenShot2021-01-13at8_30_31AM.thumb.png.96e6b43d084e710b47738db47e955593.png

2 hours ago, rimmit said:

Yes.  Exactly my point.  Kids deaths are pretty much nonexistent.  Child abuse, car wrecks, drowning, are much bigger problems for kids. 

That link was Slightly more updated than the CDC page I was referencing.  But this page lumps 15-24 together.  The one one I was referencing stratified out the group from 5-17 instead of 15-24 like the above charge.  I have attached a screen shot of the page I was looking at on the CDC.  Gives a more accurate picture of the younger age group by making the cutoff 18 instead of 24.

8AEE556D-DE03-4E09-8362-31B0222AB7C9.png

You completely missed my point, the purpose of vaccinating children or adults for that matter has nothing to do with risk of death, it has to do with keeping massive amounts of people from being admitted to the hospital.

For the record my echo chamber is the ICU at a very large medical center in Dallas. There are hospitals at the breaking point (I know the conspiracy theorists believe that this is a made up fact but I invite you to come and spend a day at work with me) 

vaccinating people can keep them from getting so ill to the point that they need to be hospitalized. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

IF lucky Testing ends in Summer, best case, After would take months to Manufacture and give it. If actual cases drop takes longer to get through the testing. Don't see it. US Military no set plans to give Vaccine, in one yr only one Active Duty person has died. Where I'm at up to 1/3 workers in some Hospitals are declining Vaccine, State wide 26%. Even Biden an Faucci have said no Mandate and if a State tries make it Mandatory not sure they'd win in Court. Also many schools start in August, my Grand Daughters districts start 3rd week July. Don't get me wrong whenever I get chance get it I will get it that day and protect the ones around me.  Though there are 200 Million in first Groups before they get to me. County I'm in now my Mother 75, COPD and Heart disease will be while before she gets hers. Only 225 appt for Vaccine, once a week,next 3weeks are filled with no other dates available yet. No wait list, whenever they open a date it's first come first serve sign up on line... ..  US Numbers still running same 74% all CV cases are ages 18-64, but 81% all deaths are 65+

The vaccines being tested for children is the same vaccine adults are receiving now, there would be no manufacturing lag, it is a dosing modification. 

You are correct, the federal government won’t mandate it, but I find it hard to believe that an independent school district would mandate Hepatitis, Meningitis, Chicken Pox, MMR, and tDap won’t eventually require Covid. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You completely missed my point, the purpose of vaccinating children or adults for that matter has nothing to do with risk of death, it has to do with keeping massive amounts of people from being admitted to the hospital.

For the record my echo chamber is the ICU at a very large medical center in Dallas. There are hospitals at the breaking point (I know the conspiracy theorists believe that this is a made up fact but I invite you to come and spend a day at work with me) 

vaccinating people can keep them from getting so ill to the point that they need to be hospitalized. 

Yes I did miss your point.

Yes we are vaccinating people which I support.

Your experience is different than what my area is experiencing.  

Can it be roughly calculated that the earliest a cruise ship can sail with paying passengers is 90 days out?

30 day written notice before test cruise.

Then test cruise happens.

If successful, then apply for a conditional sailing certificate 60 days before a cruise.

That will actually tally over 90 days.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, lr657 said:

Looks like we now have another cruise cancelled. Final payment was due next week for our April 18th cruise, and even though we expected it to be cancelled we figured they wouldn't cancel until after final payment. 

I just made final on the Singapore cruise on Friday LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Testing, maybe. As said without an existing approved Vaccine and try give it to millions kids by July/Aug. They can say it but can't see it happening. Be lucky if existing Vaccine is available for me but Summer

Ok I heard it again, its lost Angeles schools saying wait for kids to be vaccinated to go back in person.

Hey I'm in texas, far away, hard to keep them separate.

• Like 1