SAGA announces mandatory vacancies

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

My mother in NY was also told April  she will be 91 in July

Now I see why my 85-year-old SIL in NY was so excited to get an appointment for March 11.  She is still hoping to escape the cold and visit us in Florida, but I think that is almost impossible.  She is hoping to get a Johnson & Johnson one-shot vaccine to avoid the extra four-week wait.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will only push it back for those that are cruising with their kids.   If a vaccine is required to cruise then those that don’t have it won’t be allowed to cruise.  No reason to think a cruise line would not start cruising just as soon as they could just because kids or any other group can’t have the vaccine.   As soon as the cruise line thinks there is enough of the population vaccinated and they can sail at an acceptable occupancy level they will sail.

Sounds good to me!  🙂 

12 hours ago, sandebeach said:

As of yesterday, Miami was going to start asking for proof of US residency. But the notice about proof of Florida residency is a brand new rule that came out today. I have no problem with it!

Me neither...good for the Gov!   Maybe now I will get lucky and still be able to get my second shot in the time line needed.  I would be very upset to be in line behind non-residents (and especially non U.S. citizens), if they were to run out of vaccine by the time they got to me.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, broberts said:

Since the federal government is paying for the vaccine, can a state refuse it to any US resident?

The Feds allocated the number of vaccines according to the population of Florida residents.  The vaccine may be free...but the state/counties are in charge of application of the vaccine.  Too much abuse happened too soon, they had to do something about it.  

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So glad they changed to rules. People can get them where they are supposed to and not come here.

I would think so because each state is getting the amount of vaccines for the number of residents. In Florida you have to live here or own property here, but there are some exceptions. Glad our governor changed the rules and isn’t letting just anyone getting our vaccines that aren’t meant for them. They need to wait their turn in whatever state or country they live in and quit being so selfish. It’s unbelievable the amount of selfishness I have seen due to covid, especially on here regarding vacations because they are tired of sitting at home. Who isn’t?

Totally agree!!!  And those people should not be traveling during a pandemic in the first place!  Sure exceptions will happen, but those "vaccine vacation" abusing non residents were thumbing their nose at getting their vaccines here ahead of residents.  The abuse had to stop.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Here in the U.S. we are more accustomed to looking after ourselves rather than waiting around for someone else, or the goverment,  to get around to taking care of us. It is called personal responsibility. What a novel idea!

Personal responsibility: Somewhat the same as going into a doctors and saying you want xyz drug; purely based on an advert you saw on the tv??

Personally  I’d rather that someone with 7+ years of medical training worked out what would be best for me.  Novel idea. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, little britain said:

Personal responsibility: Somewhat the same as going into a doctors and saying you want xyz drug; purely based on an advert you saw on the tv??

Personally  I’d rather that someone with 7+ years of medical training worked out what would be best for me.  Novel idea. 🤷‍♀️

What does that have to do, even the slightest, with anything? People do come to the office and ask me about things they have seen on TV. I give them my advice. That is what I am supposed to do. We make decisions together about their health care. They don't tell me what I am going to do and I don't dictate to them what they are going to do. They can follow my advice or not.... personal responsibility... yes, novel idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What does that have to do, even the slightest, with anything? People do come to the office and ask me about things they have seen on TV. I give them my advice. That is what I am supposed to do. We make decisions together about their health care. They don't tell me what I am going to do and I don't dictate to them what they are going to do. They can follow my advice or not.... personal responsibility... yes, novel idea.

I agree with you - discussing options for care between patient and physician is now called shared decision making.  

Can't resist commenting on those who ask about medications advertised on TV or other media?  Most effective medications sell themselves - the physicians are aware of what generally works and what doesn't.  Ever wonder why pharmaceutical companies spend so much money on advertising, to persuade people that they need their products?  All this drives up the cost of health care.  

11 minutes ago, bmblob said:

I agree with you - discussing options for care between patient and physician is now called shared decision making.  

Can't resist commenting on those who ask about medications advertised on TV or other media?  Most effective medications sell themselves - the physicians are aware of what generally works and what doesn't.  Ever wonder why pharmaceutical companies spend so much money on advertising, to persuade people that they need their products?  All this drives up the cost of health care.  

The thing that makes me laugh so much with those TV drug ads...is the advice "Do not take XX if you are allergic to it".   Huh??  Why would anyone take something they knew they were allergic to?  🤪

• Like 1

13 hours ago, island lady said:

The thing that makes me laugh so much with those TV drug ads...is the advice "Do not take XX if you are allergic to it".   Huh??  Why would anyone take something they knew they were allergic to?  🤪

Agree, it's the most ridiculous comment for those ads.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 11:20 AM, soremekun said:

I am in agreement with the vaccine being a requirement, for now.

I am too!  However, I live in a state with a very slow rollout, and I’m starting to get worried that DH and I won’t get our vaccines by our Feb 2022 cruise 😞. Hopefully they can speed up the rollout a bit, and also get enough vaccines.

16 hours ago, island lady said:

Cracks me up too.

And, how would you even know if you were allergic to a drug you’ve never taken? 

m

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sometimes with those ads it sounds like the possible side effects are worse than what you are treating

True. But I suspect it's only because we typically know little about living with the disease.

Obviously written by lawyers. I'm waiting for the caution to only get injected by a licensed medical practitioner, or to always take the pills with water.

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And a sand box in the back yard. I have visions of some kid driving a bull dozer down I-95.

Probably only as dangerous as some of the other crazy people in cars out there!  😮😉  At least he would be going slow enough.  😬