vaccine required?

delliemd

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I fail to see how Princess can get their crew vaccinated, when vaccines cannot be purchased privately. 

Yes, in due course the crew will be vaccinated in their home countries,  but you may need to wait until 2022 for that to take place.

Princess will 'team' with one of the local clinics, hospitals, fema, etc - and hold a vaccination 'event' only available to crew - just like WDW, schools, vets, etc

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nocl said:

The US will soon be swimming in vaccine.  By mid summer, even without J&J and I expect they will have the pause released when the Vaccine advisory board meets next week though probably for limited demographics.  Should be not problem getting crews vaccinated in US by late summer.

If, only we could believe that to be the case.  I have zero confidence that the CDC/HHS would prioritize foreign cruise ship personnel before deciding on other more politically correct and connected priorities.  (Such as handing it all over to the WHO or Doctors Without Borders.)  Past practices do not support the US Government doing much at all to assist the cruise industry.

Before I get flamed here, I am not saying that making other priorities as outlined above is a bad thing, I just don't see cruise lines being in line to get surplus vaccines.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Princess will 'team' with one of the local clinics, hospitals, fema, etc - and hold a vaccination 'event' only available to crew - just like WDW, schools, vets, etc

The tricky part will be getting all those thousands of unvaccinated crew members into the US or the medical staff and vaccines out of the US to do the administration.  I don’t think the real issue will be vaccine supply; more the necessary movement of people and vaccine to the rendez-vous locations!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

The tricky part will be getting all those thousands of unvaccinated crew members into the US or the medical staff and vaccines out of the US to do the administration.  I don’t think the real issue will be vaccine supply; more the necessary movement of people and vaccine to the rendez-vous locations!

On a similar Princess thread, here is something @Daniel A posted, which I agree with.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2774227-vaccine-required/?do=findComment&comment=61012616

Well Princess, 
I will vote with my dollars.  Until the virus is no longer a threat, I will pick my second favorite line to sail  CELEBRITY who will be requiring passengers and crew to be vaccinated except for children who will require a negative test.

Here is a long list of Cruise lines that will be requiring proof of vaccination. 

https://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-COVID-Vaccinations-Requirement

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

On a similar Princess thread, here is something @Daniel A posted, which I agree with.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2774227-vaccine-required/?do=findComment&comment=61012616

Perhaps he is right  ;however , the cruise lines have their ways  . We won;t know until we know if the crews will be all vaccinated before starting any cruise  from US ports 

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

If, only we could believe that to be the case.  I have zero confidence that the CDC/HHS would prioritize foreign cruise ship personnel before deciding on other more politically correct and connected priorities.  (Such as handing it all over to the WHO or Doctors Without Borders.)  Past practices do not support the US Government doing much at all to assist the cruise industry.

Before I get flamed here, I am not saying that making other priorities as outlined above is a bad thing, I just don't see cruise lines being in line to get surplus vaccines.

I imagine the expectation for both USA and Canada (we should also - eventually - be swimming in vaccines) to send off to third-world countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

and then Canada will open up a west coast port ( Vancouver / Astoria ) so Princess can resume cruises to Alaska ?

Astoria is in Oregon not Canada. We are still part of the US

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lolane1 said:

Well Princess, 
I will vote with my dollars.  Until the virus is no longer a threat, I will pick my second favorite line to sail  CELEBRITY who will be requiring passengers and crew to be vaccinated except for children who will require a negative test.

Here is a long list of Cruise lines that will be requiring proof of vaccination. 

https://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-COVID-Vaccinations-Requirement

Thats   great that there are those cruise lines who require pax over 18 & all crew to be vaccinated  & children under 18 to be covid free via test 72 hours prior to cruising  

and then Canada will open up a west coast port ( Vancouver / Astoria ) so Princess can resume cruises to Alaska ?

In our dreams - Canada's health people in charge do not seem to recognize being vaccinated should set one free from any of the restrictions.

32 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Not in the UK or Europe they won't. The bad publicity would be terrible. 

Edited by wowzz

Coral Princess will dock at PE port 2 tomorrow 4/19 - let's start with that crew on board and go forward from there - not sure exactly when the CB is scheduled for its next re-supply, but do them also

make it happen , Princess

• Like 2

And American taxpayers are to foot the bill to vaccinate foreign nationals employed by corporations that incorporate in foreign countries to avoid American taxes and labor laws??? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

And American taxpayers are to foot the bill to vaccinate foreign nationals employed by corporations that incorporate in foreign countries to avoid American taxes and labor laws??? 

Exactly  - that is why cruise lines will not be able to "jump the queue " to get their crew vaccinated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

yes ! - it is the rules we live by ... those "foreign nationals" are in close,, daily contact with us Americans.

Their safety is my safety. They are doing 'jobs' that many Americans wouldn't do under those conditions, and help keep the cost of cruises somewhat reasonable

Vaccinate them NOW, Princess

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Exactly  - that is why cruise lines will not be able to "jump the queue " to get their crew vaccinated.

the "queue' is rapidly shrinking for those who want to get vaccinated with every shot that goes into an arm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes ! - it is the rules we live by ... those "foreign nationals" are in close,, daily contact with us Americans.

Their safety is my safety. They are doing 'jobs' that many Americans wouldn't do under those conditions, and help keep the cost of cruises somewhat reasonable

Why should they be vaccinated ahead of more deserving cases, just so rich Americans can go on a cruise.  Talk about selfish! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Sorry ... if America has such an excess of vaccines I would rather our country donate them to less wealthy nations so their people can be protected ... if Princess needs to vax crew they need to deal directly with and buy doses from the pharma people 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

if Princess needs to vax crew they need to deal directly with and buy doses from the pharma people 

no problem with that at all - team with an agency - and make the payment - which gets added in to all other expenses - merely a cost of doing business ... port fees, taxes, vaccinations, health checks, inspections, pilot boat fees, supplies

google is your friend in this case - Astoria Canada cruise port

????

With or without " " to force searching as a phrase, Google (and Bing) only brings up Astoria in Oregon, or further down the page links to different Canadian cruise ports like Canada Place here in Vancouver.

Even going directly into Google Maps and searching for Astoria in Canada finds the hotel of that name and a valve-making company here in Vancouver, or a retirement home in Port Coquitlam.

Regardless of whether Astoria Canada is real or a Covid-induced fever dream though - the only remotely plausible destination I can see Canadian West Coast port-wise that would allow for US RT AK cruises to reopen is Prince Rupert... that entire town was vaccinated (2nd dose still to be delivered) due to a combination of size and infection rates, and given its location (just 1 road out to other places, long drive to next population centre) it could be very easily 'locked off' to cruise pax, stopping them reaching anywhere else to bring the risk of new infection...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Sorry ... if America has such an excess of vaccines I would rather our country donate them to less wealthy nations so their people can be protected ... if Princess needs to vax crew they need to deal directly with and buy doses from the pharma people 

But most of the crew generally come from less wealthy nations.

• Like 2