Cruise lines requiring COVID-19 vaccination

30 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

That seems to be SOP on that board Lyndon. it is often painful to read those threads, I try to resist although some of the return fire on the more idiotic posts can be quite entertaining. I do have to admit though that one of my very blunt responses to a particularly obtuse individual did get a thread closed and deleted.

I have to admit when I see those threads the inner troll in me sometimes comes out 🤡😈. The sense of entitlement some people on CC have is almost an invitation to be made fun off😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I have to admit when I see those threads the inner troll in me sometimes comes out 🤡😈. The sense of entitlement some people on CC have is almost an invitation to be made fun off😂

I can't be bothered with them any more. It's like trying to explain something to a cat! 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I can't be bothered with them any more. It's like trying to explain something to a cat! 🤣

I get a chuckle out of the huff and puff responses they make to my silly comments. It is amazing how worked up people get over a frivolous comment😈😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

That seems to be SOP on that board Lyndon. it is often painful to read those threads, I try to resist although some of the return fire on the more idiotic posts can be quite entertaining. I do have to admit though that one of my very blunt responses to a particularly obtuse individual did get a thread closed and deleted.

What's SOP?

8 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am sorry to hear your father's story.

My mother always said that, when a Union called a strike, the Union officials should go without pay as well as the members of the Union. 🙂

That's always been the case in unions I belonged too because the officials are members of the union.  Also, they can't call a strike unless the members have voted to strike.

29 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

What's SOP?

The old SOP's  needed them for ISO9000 at our company......  we had them everything.... including how to make an SOP.......   we were waiting for one on    How to use the Lavatory 

Also it was a running battle working in R&D,,, a lot of the times we never did the same thing twice....

then we quizzed them.... do we need an SOP if it catches fire... what if it goes BOOM......

Right back to Cruising = Vaccination ....

Going to bunning today... with masks and keeping our  distance.....   

Nobody else was.....   So is Covid over... all finished with... ???

It is kind of worrying....  as really nothing has really changed in the last few months...

OOHHHHHH....  that is right it was a Hoax..... so finished with lockdown......   What the.......????

We are not hiding under the bridge withe trolls, just being carefully.....    One day we will get Vaccine

just not sure which day , month , year ???

Don

I've noticed that once there appears to be no local risk people go back to their old habits ie no masks and no social distancing. Hopefully they are still washing or sanitizing their hands regularly though.

We went to a big shopping mall yesterday. We normally go there on a normal weekday but, of course, it was a public holiday. The place was jam-packed, uncomfortably so. Very few masks, people jamming their way past with no consideration to social distancing, kids running out of control everywhere. Really horrible. We did the shopping we needed to do and got out of there fast. Actually I forgot to get one thing but there was no way I was going back for it, I'll wait until school holidays are over.

I've noticed in NZ, a lot of people just don't access international news and have no idea what's happening overseas or an appreciation of how fortunate we are to have the freedoms we have here.  It makes then complacent because it all seems so far away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I've noticed in NZ, a lot of people just don't access international news and have no idea what's happening overseas or an appreciation of how fortunate we are to have the freedoms we have here.  It makes then complacent because it all seems so far away.

I suspect a lot of people in Australia are the same, or they just believe the Murdoch media's version of events.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've noticed that once there appears to be no local risk people go back to their old habits ie no masks and no social distancing. Hopefully they are still washing or sanitizing their hands regularly though.

We went to a big shopping mall yesterday. We normally go there on a normal weekday but, of course, it was a public holiday. The place was jam-packed, uncomfortably so. Very few masks, people jamming their way past with no consideration to social distancing, kids running out of control everywhere. Really horrible. We did the shopping we needed to do and got out of there fast. Actually I forgot to get one thing but there was no way I was going back for it, I'll wait until school holidays are over.

Following our three day lockdown all Queenslanders have to wear a mask in shops unit 15/4.  I went shopping today at stand alone shops and all shops had signs re masks and hand sanitiser.  Not many shoppers.  A lot of people forgot their masks but went back to their car to get them.  

• Like 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Following our three day lockdown all Queenslanders have to wear a mask in shops until 15/4.  I went shopping today at stand alone shops and all shops had signs re masks and hand sanitiser.  Not many shoppers.  A lot of people forgot their masks but went back to their car to get them.  

51 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Following our three day lockdown all Queenslanders have to wear a mask in shops unit 15/4.  I went shopping today at stand alone shops and all shops had signs re masks and hand sanitiser.  Not many shoppers.  A lot of people forgot their masks but went back to their car to get them.  

They aren't required in Sydney at the moment but we always carry some, just in case.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chamoretta said:

Good advice to ensure you have copies of the necessary information.

However, we are not issued an immunisation card in Australia.  

Most people will have online access to their own immunisation records. But always good to have a hard copy, if we are ever allowed to leave the country again.

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Most people will have online access to their own immunisation records. But always good to have a hard copy, if we are ever allowed to leave the country again.

Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to get it on vaccination topics and realized that this was the case after I posted.  I really appreciate you taking a look.

1 hour ago, Chamoretta said:

Video good however I read somewhere the other day they where asking people not to laminate some of them because of the heat treated paper they used to print the vaccination record - when you laminate the heat from it is causing problems with being able to read the record. Sorry here in Australia we are just given a record of our previous vaccinations, so not sure what other countries have.

32 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Yes I have a copy to saved to my Drop Box and Goggle Drive so I can access it anywhere in the world, with all my important stuff. Yes easy enough for Aussies to get a new copy.

19 minutes ago, kate59 said:

Yes I have a copy to saved to my Drop Box and Goggle Drive so I can access it anywhere in the world, with all my important stuff. Yes easy enough for Aussies to get a new copy.

That is a great idea!  Can you put it in the comments for other viewers?   Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking a look. 

1 minute ago, Chamoretta said:

That is a great idea!  Can you put it in the comments for other viewers?   Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking a look. 

yes everyone on this thread should be able to see my comments.