Cruise lines requiring COVID-19 vaccination

1 minute ago, Elorac123 said:

Why do you think it will be the last nail in the coffin?

Have I missed something about vaccination and cruising.

Cheers Carole

Because the population will not be vaccinated for another year. No vacc no cruise or fly.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Where is it written that all cruise lines require vaccinations?

Cheers Carole 

CDC rules will apply here to all cruiselines, we always obey USA our Masters. Think about it..Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.🥶

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, Elorac123 said:

Hope your wrong my feet are well itchy.

Cheers Carole

Good luck Carole. The biggest challenge will be getting the ships in here for the season in Sept, Oct. The Govt is paranoid, here and NZ.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Why do you think it will be the last nail in the coffin?

Have I missed something about vaccination and cruising.

Cheers Carole

Too many people will be too scared to have the AZ vaccine so not enough people will be vaccinated in time and the governments will use it as an excuse to continue the ban on cruise ships. 🙄

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Too many people will be too scared to have the AZ vaccine so not enough people will be vaccinated in time and the governments will use it as an excuse to continue the ban on cruise ships. 🙄

Yes I am one of them, I am prepared to have the Pfizer, no interest in the other.

Cheers Carole 

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Some of those people who are freaking out about the AstraZenica vaccine probably didn't think twice about flying international long distance before the pandemic.

Some of those people who are freaking out about the AstraZenica vaccine may be women happily taking their birth control pills every day.

Some of those people who are freaking out about the AstraZenica vaccine may be people who are on other medication and who have never checked what are the side effects of that medication.

Anyway the government claims it has secured more of the Pfizer vaccine but that won't arrive until the last quarter of the year.

I suspect all this has put the final nail in the coffin of the 21/22 cruuse season. 😥

I think everything you say makes a lot of sense. Though I know some have made comments they think Covid precautions are overblown. The only thing Is I am hoping your final statement isn't true but suspect it might be.

I know some say Australians don't need to worry about vaccinations as are numbers are so low but I beg to differ.  Our economy is going okay, but if other developed nations get most of their populations vaccinated and we don't they can open internationally and we will still be at risk of lockdown. 

It is fine for individuals not to care as they aren't planning to travel but as a Nation I think we have to look as being part of the international community and our economy needs business and international visitors. 

I am one who would like to travel only with vaccinated cruisers and on airplanes. I am over 60 and having a medical background and after researching multiple scientific articles I am happy to have AZ.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

We don't have any interest in cruising if the majority of passengers and crew are not vaccinated with one of the Covid vaccines. 

Leigh

I agree.

I'm not worried about having the AstraZenica vaccine when my turn comes around. I'd be more worried about catching the damn virus if there was an outbreak in my area.

• Like 3

I've been told my is blood quite thin, not dangerously so but thinner than the average person so I'm not too particulary worried about the miniscule risk of the AstraZenica vaccine, I'm more worried about the risks of Covid as I have genetic predispositions to conditions that Covid is being linked to. I reckon if people want to take the AZ vaccine they should be allowed, instead of an outright ban. At this rate I won't be vaccinated till the end of next year.

Although I no longer live in New Zealand,  I do read this forum to see what is going on.   My husband and I are both participating in the Phase III AstraZeneca drug trial run by the US Navy in San Diego.  The trial is blind so we did not know what we were given until Wednesday when we were unblinded at our request.   Turns out we both received the actual vaccine and have produced the anticipated antibodies.   We have had zero side effects, no pain at injection, nothing.   Needless to say we are pleased to be fully vaccinated since February.   Now for the US to approve the vaccine and start using the 30 million doses they have on hand.   

• Like 4

I am quite happy to have the Astra Zeneca vaccine when my time comes, the blood clot risks are really minimal. What has Uk had? 30 cases of 🩸 blood 🩸 clots in 25 million jabs and we have had one here. Do not be paranoid people, if you sre over 50 you will get the Astra Zeneca or nothing and if you get nothing, no ships folks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I've been told my is blood quite thin, not dangerously so but thinner than the average person so I'm not too particulary worried about the miniscule risk of the AstraZenica vaccine, I'm more worried about the risks of Covid as I have genetic predispositions to conditions that Covid is being linked to. I reckon if people want to take the AZ vaccine they should be allowed, instead of an outright ban. At this rate I won't be vaccinated till the end of next year.

If people want to have the AZ vaccine, they are able to receive it. Link to source.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Although I no longer live in New Zealand,  I do read this forum to see what is going on.   My husband and I are both participating in the Phase III AstraZeneca drug trial run by the US Navy in San Diego.  The trial is blind so we did not know what we were given until Wednesday when we were unblinded at our request.   Turns out we both received the actual vaccine and have produced the anticipated antibodies.   We have had zero side effects, no pain at injection, nothing.   Needless to say we are pleased to be fully vaccinated since February.   Now for the US to approve the vaccine and start using the 30 million doses they have on hand.   

Thank you to you and your husband for participating in the Astra Zeneca US drug trial.  I wonder why the US took longer to approve this vaccine when other countries had approved it.  

Glad this forum helps you to see what is going on in NZ.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you to you and your husband for participating in the Astra Zeneca US drug trial.  I wonder why the US took longer to approve this vaccine when other countries had approved it.  

Glad this forum helps you to see what is going on in NZ.  

AstraZeneca has not applied for approval in the US, possibly the end of the month, but we have been hearing that every time they call us or we go into the clinic.   AstraZeneca has made many mistakes along the way, wrong dosing, outdated or incorrect data.   
One day we will get back to NZ.   I have given up trying with all the rules they have in place.  
Stay safe and get vaccinated as it does make a difference.  San Diego businesses have been decimated with the long shutdown.   My grandkids actually went to school yesterday in person for the first time in over a year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

AstraZeneca has not applied for approval in the US, possibly the end of the month, but we have been hearing that every time they call us or we go into the clinic.   AstraZeneca has made many mistakes along the way, wrong dosing, outdated or incorrect data.   
One day we will get back to NZ.   I have given up trying with all the rules they have in place.  
Stay safe and get vaccinated as it does make a difference.  San Diego businesses have been decimated with the long shutdown.   My grandkids actually went to school yesterday in person for the first time in over a year.

You possibly read that NZ and Aust have agreed to form a travel bubble from this month.  A problem NZ and Aust share is the increasing number of returning Kiwis and Aussies who are testing positive.  Many Aussies, myself included, would love to pinch your NZ PM, who is blessed with empathy and common sense, rare qualities.  

• Like 4

Count me among those jealous of NZ for having a leader who was forthright from the very beginning about how serious this virus and its effects are, and who led (leads) with a steady hand, honesty, and compassion. Hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths, and millions of cases have happened in my country because we didnt have someone like Arden leading us. I believe that many in other countries also suffered/are suffering  because many nations do tend to follow the USA, as mentioned above, even when our leaders are wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Count me among those jealous of NZ for having a leader who was forthright from the very beginning about how serious this virus and its effects are, and who led (leads) with a steady hand, honesty, and compassion. Hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths, and millions of cases have happened in my country because we didnt have someone like Arden leading us. I believe that many in other countries also suffered/are suffering  because many nations do tend to follow the USA, as mentioned above, even when our leaders are wrong. 

I think as time went by many nations watched with envy as Prime Minister Ardern lead her country as you said. Some countries wished they had a small island nation with a gigantic mote. Some countries tried to keep a handle on it but we failed. I think as things unfolded most nations looked to the leadership in one large nation for lessons on what not to do.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

And Covid still happening big time in USA, feel sorry for you, take care.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think as time went by many nations watched with envy as Prime Minister Ardern lead her country as you said. Some countries wished they had a small island nation with a gigantic mote. Some countries tried to keep a handle on it but we failed. I think as things unfolded most nations looked to the leadership in one large nation for lessons on what not to do.

Your country is having a tough covid time too Lyle, take care.

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Your country is having a tough covid time too Lyle, take care.

Thanks Les, I did mention that in a round about way. Our PM started out surprisingly well and then faded away to nowhere. Our most populated province has had some serious problems and their Premier who seemed a little iffy at the start but has stepped up to the plate in a big way lately. He has decided to lead and issued a 1 month stay at home order a couple of days ago. We in BC were doing well to start and then things really started to slide and as outstanding a Dr. Bonnie Henry is, the wheels are falling off her message. With the "variants of interest" having landed here and running amok, the younger crowd who seem to be a favoured host for the new variant are disregarding the message in droves or are so oblivious they haven't heard the message. Meanwhile regions with less outbreak are having the same restrictions as the large outbreaks in the 2 most populous health regions in the province. We need to be a little more precise with the statistics to help people understand what's going on around them. When they report so many cases in "Island Health region" that encompasses all of Vancouver Island the Gulf Islands and part of the mainland that is easier to get to from Vancouver Island than the lower mainland.

We stay home for the most part, we do get take away and we go to work. We will go for drives but don't get out of the car.

Lynn has her first dose of vaccine and I have a number now so will wait for my number to come in.

Edited by Blackduck59

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I also admire Tsai Ing-wen president of Taiwan🏆🇹🇼. They were the first country to take Covid-19 seriously when the rest of the world was still calling it a silly little flu🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

I also admire Tsai Ing-wen president of Taiwan🏆🇹🇼. They were the first country to take Covid-19 seriously when the rest of the world was still calling it a silly little flu🙄

That were caught out by SARS and were sensible enough to learn from their mistakes and have a plan ready to go.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Yes, they had the advantage of being Chinese.  The Chinese in NY were on to it before the rest of the American population as well.